Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results vs Leaving Cert Results

• 20-03-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Just curious to see by how much people see themselves improving upon their points they received in the mocks.

I got 435 points in the mocks and if I get the grade I'm aiming for in each subject I would come out with 485 points.

Considering the fact that I know people who improved upon their mock results by close to 100 points I feel it's a very achievable target!

Post what you got in your mocks, and what you hope to get in the Leaving Cert below!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Mock result: 2 A1s, 2 A2s, B1, B2, C1

Goals: 2 A1s, A2, 3 B1s, B3

Really just hoping to maintain my grades :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

aleatorio wrote: »
    Mock result: 2 A1s, 2 A2s, B1, B2, C1

Goals: 2 A1s, A2, 3 B1s, B3

Really just hoping to maintain my grades :o

High five! I got 570 too :)
    Mocks: 3 A1s, 3 A2s, 1 C1

Goal: likewise, just want to maintain what I got :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Mock Points = 295

What I really want in the LC is at least 320 points!

I'm a bit disappointed with what I got because I've been working hard at it.

I can't even think about what it will be like if i don't get my course! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I got 440 last year,
    repeating this year, got 490 in the mocks and will hopefully get 540 in june :D

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

340 in mocks want over 400, need 450 for my ideal course but will get a decent one if get circa 400

I know someone who went from 210 - 475! For those doubting they can/will improve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Never mind the mocks at this stage. They are over with. Use them to target your weak points and work from there. You can't take it for granted that you will get better marks in the Leaving Cert than you did in the mocks, it can often turn the other way around! As some of the repeats should know, the Leaving Cert is a different ball game to the mocks, invigilators that you don't know, the fact that these exams have become real and that they are thoroughly/properly corrected. These factors can greatly change ones grade, again not necessarily for the better, so keep that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

LoveLamps wrote: »
    340 in mocks want over 400, need 450 for my ideal course but will get a decent one if get circa 400

I know someone who went from 210 - 475! For those doubting they can/will improve

That's exceptional, but it's doable if you failed honours subjects and can manage to bump them up to a C or even a D.

I got 500 in the mocks (3 A2s, B1, B3, 2 C1s) That's not counting 25 extra for maths. I chose not to count it as we did two paper 1s.

I don't want to set a definite target, but I need 575 for the course that I currently have number 1 and preliminary CAO figures show demand for it is up 13% so I'm expecting an increase potentially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

robman60 wrote: »
    That's exceptional, but it's doable if you failed honours subjects and can manage to bump them up to a C or even a D.

I got 500 in the mocks (3 A2s, B1, B3, 2 C1s) That's not counting 25 extra for maths. I chose not to count it as we did two paper 1s.

I don't want to set a definite target, but I need 575 for the course that I currently have number 1 and preliminary CAO figures show demand for it is up 13% so I'm expecting an increase potentially.

were in the same boat, my course was 560 last year but CAO figures show a 16% increase, so I'm preparing for the worst case scenario XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

were in the same boat, my course was 560 last year but CAO figures show a 16% increase, so I'm preparing for the worst case scenario XD

Where can I find these CAO figures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

xLisaBx wrote: »

Click me - you know you want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

I got 380 in my mocks and I got 295 in my actual lc. Its not that I did less work. I fecked up on two of my strongest exams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Mocks: A1, A2, 2 B3, C2, 2 C3= 475

Hoping to get: 3 A1, 1 A2, 1 B2, 1 B3, 1 C1 = 570
    What I need for my course: 300!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pajc

Mocks: A1,2B1s,B2,2B3s =525

Hopes for L.C.: 2A1s,2A2s,2B1s =575

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

I got about 440 last year, and 570 in the LC. The mocks are useful, but the actual results aren't.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I haven't got all 7 subjects back yet but it looks like I'll be getting 445 in my mocks.

Which is at least 70 points fewer than what I need..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

I got 485 in the mocks, but unfortunately I was sick/didn't do one.
    I didn't do one because the teacher was completely against the idea of it, but the option was still there. Furthermore, I missed a mock due to illness, but I took my average and dropped it a few grades to reflect the apparent difficulty of the exam.
    In addition to this, my history mock was cut short by +\- 20 minutes, but I still got 80% and knew the question I missed off by heart, so I'm pretty sure I would've got an A1.
    So the break down is as follows;
    A1, A2, B2, B2, C1, C2.
    I honestly didn't expect to do that well to be honest. I'm a bit apprehensive about taking the results to heart, as I had to get creative to give an accurate representation. I would absolutely adore to get 560, but I'd be happy with anything above 500.
    Anyone here applying for law? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 boogenhagen

Got 360 in mocks and need 520 in lc, pray for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Anyone here applying for law? :)

I'm hoping to do Law and German in TCD, hopefully points won't spike this year after they slipped to 515 last year. The new UCD building will probably cause a surge for Law in UCD which will hopefully keep Trinity's points similar to last years. I got 545 in the mocks so I reckon I could be ok with that in the LC anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

I have my mocks coming up on Monday but I'm really sick will I be able to reschedule them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

masti123 wrote: »
    I have my mocks coming up on Monday but I'm really sick will I be able to reschedule them?

You won't get another opportunity in school to resit them (well doubtful). You could always arrange for your parents to bring them home and invigilate you while you sit them, if you're not too sick to sit them. Then your parents would drop the completed exam into the school and they will be sent off with the rest of the students.

Advertisement