Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dried food recommendation

• 20-03-2014 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I have my 2 dogs( sheepdog/lab and retriever/collie) on skinners salmon after reading a recommendation on here.

However we only have the retriever/collie for 6 weeks he is approximately 12 months...he is very energetic and destructive. We are considering switching their diet for dried food that is for less active dogs as that food is for 'working' dogs.

They also poo a lot with the skinners!

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Burns do a great dry food range

Pro-PAC too but can be very expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭snoman

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057170228/1

If you check the above out, it's recent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Markus Muhle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

I feed my three (grey, collie and ckc x) skinners duck and rice or salmon and rice. its decribed as a working dog food but none .
    of my dogs actually work.

The working tag allows Skinners to sell the food without vat so it makes it cheaper. If you dogs are doing well on it then I would leave them on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have my 2 dogs( sheepdog/lab and retriever/collie) on skinners salmon after reading a recommendation on here.

However we only have the retriever/collie for 6 weeks he is approximately 12 months...he is very energetic and destructive. We are considering switching their diet for dried food that is for less active dogs as that food is for 'working' dogs.

They also poo a lot with the skinners!

Any suggestions? :)

I have two of mine on skinners and find it brill and the other one is now on burns alert as her skin flared up again recently . I am convinced it's the beet pulp in dog foods. Burns alert is the exact same as normal burns but vat free (so cheaper) it is aimed at guide dogs and assistance dogs. I get it from amazon subscribe and save I pay just under £15 for 6kg (I get 15% discount as subscribe to a few products!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement