Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dilema

• 20-03-2014 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

seen a bike i want on adverts, rang the bloke selling it, as there are others looking at it (he said) i offered to pay a deposit by paypal to hold it till saturday when i could get down there. after running thru all the details on the phone he announces that he hasn't got the logbook as its his mates bike and he's a way on duty in the army..... and he's filled out the form for a lost book and that he'd send it on to me when he got it from his mates parents .....also if i didnt buy then he'd keep 100 of the deposit as he would be bringing it from cork to limerick to meet me. my alarm bells are ringing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

serious3 wrote: »
    seen a bike i want on adverts, rang the bloke selling it, as there are others looking at it (he said) i offered to pay a deposit by paypal to hold it till saturday when i could get down there. after running thru all the details on the phone he announces that he hasn't got the logbook as its his mates bike and he's a way on duty in the army..... and he's filled out the form for a lost book and that he'd send it on to me when he got it from his mates parents .....also if i didnt buy then he'd keep 100 of the deposit as he would be bringing it from cork to limerick to meet me. my alarm bells are ringing

I'd be cancelling the paypal transfer and taking big steps away from that bike. What else haven't you been told about it?? And when are you likely to find out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Walk away serious. He sounds like a chancer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Ya I'd never purchase a bike from someone who didn't own it.

Run away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Didn't give him anything at all, he sounded fairly legit and plausible on the phone tho. feck it anyway lovely bike and just what I wanted, there's another in Dublin without luggage but that ads 500 to the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

F*ck that for a game of soldiers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

I know that private sale is cheaper but I have never had anything but hassle veiwing bikes.
    People always lying about condition on the phone and chancing there arms.

There are too many dick heads and chancers out there

I know that private sale is cheaper but I have never had anything but hassle veiwing bikes.
    People always lying about condition on the phone and chancing there arms.

There are too many dick heads and chancers out there

Plenty of dick heads with bike shops too unfortunately.
    If i'm buying a bike or car, I won't go to a dealer.
    I prefer to buy off an enthusiast,someone who takes pride in their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Yeah they are sometimes just as bad in the dealers . . . Only they are better and hiding stuff😡 I trusted a dealer and was rode . But I won't take it lying down.

With your dilema I would definatly walk away. If there is any doubt in your mind whatsoever that means leave it! There should be no doubt in your mind when parting with your hard earned cash!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

my alarm bells are ringing

Listen to the bells and walk away. If the bike is REALLY cheap and there are several heads looking at it there is something dodgy going on. Unless it is a Vincent Black Shadow for €1850 with a spare engine you should keep looking.

'cpt

Walked away kinda knew summat was up next on the list is a 1997 ducati st2 that has less than 6000 on it just a bit worried that it's done no mileage really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

As per the others I'd walk away from this one.
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/other-bmw/bmw-k1200s/5020852
    however I got a laugh at Timoconnors offer for the bike :

s3jj5QA.png

Sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

As per the others I'd walk away from this one.
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/other-bmw/bmw-k1200s/5020852
    however I got a laugh at Timoconnors offer for the bike :

s3jj5QA.png

Sake!

Lol got some laugh out of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If he wants to play the mates game, I'd look at the bike for ya happily if you were bad after it.

If you want, I'd look to confirm it's existence and rideable condition. I'm in Cork anyway and if it gives me a spin off a lovely bike sure, why not :)

That's the bike! To be fair the name and address he gave me for the owner checks out, it's got all the recalls and history too.... The other on on adverts has no luggage and no traceable service history. Think an old trip to the uk might be in order. Thanks for the replies and confirming my suspicions
    Will I put up an "offer withdrawn, ring me when you get a log book" reply to the advert :)

http://www.donedeal.ie/view/6299031
    BMW K1200RS
    Anyone know this bike? This might suit me and is below my budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

http://www.donedeal.ie/view/6299031
    BMW K1200RS
    Anyone know this bike? This might suit me and is below my budget

Looks a bit tired to me m8. You would get better if you hang on a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

That's the bike! To be fair the name and address he gave me for the owner checks out, it's got all the recalls and history too.... The other on on adverts has no luggage and no traceable service history. Think an old trip to the uk might be in order. Thanks for the replies and confirming my suspicions
    Will I put up an "offer withdrawn, ring me when you get a log book" reply to the advert :)
    Sounds legit... lost log book will go to original address so unlikely its stolen.
    But I wouldn't put down a deposit unless you are defo going to buy it!

Dilemma sorted......picked up a stunning ducati st4s last night!

Dilemma sorted......picked up a stunning ducati st4s last night!

Pics or didn't happen:p

Oh alright then.....2 new Michelin tyres, termignoni exhausts, marchesini rims, fully adjustable ohlins all around, scottoiler, ducati comfort seat, new c/s. Needs belts and valve clearances doing feck me it's lively!

• Advertisement

And one more.....

Looks very clean!
    What year is she?
    What bike had u before?

she's a 2001, bit up on miles at 46k but full history with her. the lad i got it from was a proper ducati head, 848evo and a 748 in a shed thats so clean you'd eat yer dinner off it! i have a triumph trophy 900 which is nearly as clean, that will be for sale soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Warlock45

Bit of advice from personal experience on done deals and adverts.ie...only deal face to face preferably a public area...if it's a car or bike etc make sure log book is there and matches etc etc,never pay a deposit even if it's the best 'deal' ever!!

Advertisement