Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up to switch on 13th Februrary - No Contact Since - Crap Service Already!

Options
  • 20-03-2014 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

I signed up to switch from Bord Gais Energy to Electric Ireland on 13th of February. I got an email saying the switch went fine and that I would receive an email two weeks after the switch with my account number etc.

I have since received nothing only an email asking me to sign up for Electric Ireland rewards website. I can't log in to check my account because I never got the details, nor can I sign up for the rewards for the same reason.

I also sent an email to electric ireland customer service, received an automated response immediately saying they would be in touch soon, that was over two days ago, and again since then, nothing!!

If you don't want my business fine, but at least have the courtesy to respond and tell me that!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi iPhone,

Thanks for your post.
    iPhone wrote:
    I also sent an email to electric ireland customer service, received an automated response immediately saying they would be in touch soon, that was over two days ago, and again since then, nothing!!

If you don't want my business fine, but at least have the courtesy to respond and tell me that!

Our email team endeavour to respond to all incoming queries within 3 to 4 working days, often sooner. Our apologies if you have yet to receive a response. 
    iPhone wrote:
    I signed up to switch from Bord Gais Energy to Electric Ireland on 13th of February.

Electricity and gas change of supplier requests can take up to 20 working days to fully process. Sometimes this process can take longer if meter readings were not provided. If you would like us to look into its progress for you, please feel free to send us your details by private message.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

I signed up on the 10th Feb and got the welcome email today... So it's taken 6 wks from initial sign up email confirmation to today's email with my account details. 

I too was frustrated by the lack of communication (it's like we signed you up thanks and then....nothing) and had to also chase via PM to get my account details. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi MBSnr,

Sorry to read that. If you'd like us to look into the reasons as to why the changeover took 6 weeks in your case, please feel free to send us a private message.

If there's anything else we can help with please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Hi iPhone,

Thanks for your post.
    Originally posted by iPhone

Our email team endeavour to respond to all incoming queries within 3 to 4 working days, often sooner. Our apologies if you have yet to receive a response. 
    Originally posted by iPhone
    I signed up to switch from Bord Gais Energy to Electric Ireland on 13th of February.

Electricity and gas change of supplier requests can take up to 20 working days to fully process. Sometimes this process can take longer if meter readings were not provided. If you would like us to look into its progress for you, please feel free to send us your details by private message.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David
    Thanks David,

I did supply the reading and all requested information on the electric Ireland switch site. Nowhere did it mention up to 20 days or longer, if you can point me to where it does I would like to see that for myself. I got a reply instantly on 13th of February saying the switch was successful and I would receive my account details within 14 days!

The only other contact I have received since then from Electric Ireland was an invite to sign up for their rewards scheme, which I obviously can't because I don't have my account details, why did I receive this email when I still haven't received my details? Without beating around the bush with terms like 'endeavour to' and 'can take up to' can you explain how this can happen when you have my complete details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi iPhone,

If you private message us your electricity meter point reference number and/or GPRN (gas) and your name, address and telephone number, we will look into your query further and update you ASAP.

Once again, we are sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement