Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I watched this last week. Fassbender put in a great performance as did Rogan who I generally cannot stand on screen. Aside from that though the film was overly long, extremely boring and full of the usual Sorkin schtick and therefore, hard enough to take seriously.

Having Lisa underscore every scene was a joke. It was like cut and paste plotting after the first scene. You just knew the same bunch of characters were going to emerge each time. Just like the attempts at humour that dragged The Newsroom down, the 'Which Andy' joke was funny once but not after that. The whole film came across like Sorkin had read an A4 sheed of the broad outline of Job's life and another with a few milestones in his life and written the film around that. No resarch seems to have been done, or very little anyway. Job's attire for the iMac launch was wrong. He hadn't progressed to Issy Miyaki Polo man at that point. Jobs wouldn't have found himself in the same room as Skully after his departure from Apple, let alone held a conversation with the man. As for Winslett, what the hell was going on with her accent? I was wondering in the first act why people were saying her character was from Poland because she sure as heck didn't sound Polish. Then she suddenly did 4 years later in 1988. Then in 1998 she sounded Polish still but a little more americanised.

All in all I thought this move was way too long, way too heavy on dialogue, too lax with details and just too long winded and boring. If you really want to see what Jobs was like, Pirates of Sillicon Valley remains the best movie detailing the man along with his interactions with Bill Gates and others. Steve Jobs the movie was a gigantic wated opportunity. Well done to Fassbender and Rogan but everyone else needs to really question what they were doing.

Advertisement