Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done folks!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Slydice wrote: »
    I don't really use reddit. I do (rarely but) sometimes see links to reddit on my twitter stream. Are all the ylyl photos from reddit? Never really saw a ylyl photo showing up in twitter first though.

It depends what you mean by "from Reddit." If you mean people seeing them there and using that link, then yes, a lot of them are, Reddit is the dumping ground for a ton of content online. If you mean originally from Reddit then usually not, Reddit is more where is stuff is reposted than is created usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Ah :-) Well I like to browse the Cool Vids & Pics & Links board. Not sure I want to join up to reddit to try and find posts made on that board just to share them. There's also the photoshop competition posts. I'd guessed that most of those are made by boards.ie users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Slydice wrote: »
    Ah :-) Well I like to browse the Cool Vids & Pics & Links board. Not sure I want to join up to reddit to try and find posts made on that board just to share them. There's also the photoshop competition posts. I'd guessed that most of those are made by boards.ie users.

Just right click, copy image url and post it wherever ya want. Its what everyone does anyway. And you can even use the facebook/twitter share buttons for handiness. Just replace the url with the one of the image and name it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just right click, copy image url and post it wherever ya want. Its what everyone does anyway. And you can even use the facebook/twitter share buttons for handiness. Just replace the url with the one of the image and name it.

That's similar to what I do :)

I like to attribute boards.ie as my source so I copy the link to the individual post

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Where are these new buttons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Desktop version up the top.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Desktop version up the top.

I just don't see anything? :(
    Can you post a screenshot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

I just don't see anything? :(
    Can you post a screenshot?

300021.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

IIRC when this was suggested a couple of years ago feedback was generally negative. I suppose with Facebook and Twitter log ins to other sites they've just become the norm on the web 2 or 3 years later. I block them and Facebook widgets on other sites, just a waste of bandwidth for me.
    • There used to be a section below a thread and above the quick reply with Sharing buttons to outdated sharing sites like StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious etc - I liked that the sharing options were kept to one section, clearly labelled. The placement of them was horrendous which is why they were never used but perhaps a compromise can be found? As a rudimentary suggestion - create a dropdown beside "Thread Tools" in the top post of a thread called Sharing Options. It could have a merger of the FB/Twitter logos if you desire a visual element to attract the eye. Over time you may want to add more

Good point, probably makes more sense to have them at the end of the page, rather than scrolling up to link them. Those bookmark links are still there on the older skins if I'm right.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well it ties in perfectly with the launch of the new website.

fb2n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Gordon wrote: »

fb2n.jpg

I for one, cannot wait for this new site.

300021.PNG

Ahhhh thank you.
    I was just about to ask if people were joking but then I spotted it!:o:D

fb2n.jpg

What's this?

Don't worry, we'll let you all know very soon.

Don't worry, we'll let you all know very soon.

Oh come on spill the beans! :P;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

fb2n.jpg

8 days too early aren't you Gordon?

Is it still embargoed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

It was supposed to be...

I can't delete posts from feedback, it must be caused by the data migration permissions now that we've partly warehoused for the shift.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Dav wrote: »
    It was supposed to be...

Oops.

• Advertisement

I have absolutely no idea what this is but can't wait! Will it be an entirely new entity or will it be an extension to boards? Why not wait to add the new twitter buttons along with faceboards?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I must renew my subscription before the launch date to make the most of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Will it be an entirely new entity or will it be an extension to boards??

It'll be whatever you want it to be.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Truly these are exciting times we live in when fresh, new ideas like faceboards can invigorate things around here.

K-9 wrote: »
    It'll be whatever you want it to be.

Sounds dirty!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Scotty P

I see the virtual faceboards app is up now:

http://faceboards.mobapp.at/

Would've been nice if we were asked, but sure fire away.

What's all these new boards stuff like youboards.ie and the other new one?
    So is that faceboards then I was just on? Deeply confused with all the new stuff! What's next boards music :p:D

Faceboards founded in 1922...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

1922 = nineteen hundred & twenty two hours = 7.22pm

Gordon, who let the dogs out? page 19, section 22 of the NDA : Punishment for early disclosure shall be the lesser of 722 brdscoins or an "extreme" wedgie.

• Advertisement

Hey, I can't delete it and I've notified the board so we should be fine. However, I really don't think the brdscoins has been cleared for media yet has it?

Advertisement