Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance in Co Kildare.

Options
  • 20-03-2014 10:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

As of this evening there are only 3 properties(No houses) out of 152 listings available that are willing to accept RA in county kildare and one of them are on hold. :eek:

It seems our little county is statically worse than dudlin for landlord snobbery that is aided by joan burton.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its not really a case of snobbery when you can rent it to someone else for more than Rent Allowance actually legally allows. In a lot of cases you'd have to get the landlord to sign a contract with an "official" rent on it and agree to give them more cash under the table (which the RA rules specifically ban) due to how highs rent have got. And the risk for a landlord is that they'll only get the amount on the contract and have zero way of enforcing the rest if it escalates to the PRTB.

Rents and/or rent allowance limits are the issue, not snobbery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

MYOB wrote: »
    Its not really a case of snobbery when you can rent it to someone else for more than Rent Allowance actually legally allows. In a lot of cases you'd have to get the landlord to sign a contract with an "official" rent on it and agree to give them more cash under the table (which the RA rules specifically ban) due to how highs rent have got. And the risk for a landlord is that they'll only get the amount on the contract and have zero way of enforcing the rest if it escalates to the PRTB.

Rents and/or rent allowance limits are the issue, not snobbery.

No even in cases where rents are within the limit RA is rejected and if you check RA questions on the main property site a large number of LL's exhibit snobbery.

Its a case of snobbery aided by the government.

In my area properties are remaining empty and even lowering their original rent rather than accepting RA its a case of letting agents taken a no RA policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This end of the county, there isn't anything available under the RA limits for single or couples at all as far as a cursory glance has shown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

MYOB wrote: »
    This end of the county, there isn't anything available under the RA limits for single or couples at all as far as a cursory glance has shown.

I know and no offence i wont name the towns but the 3 properties are in the least attractive biggish towns in the county,I just seen a report of a dublin family becoming homeless over this and an MP is trying to ban exclusion of RA its typical of us irish though,We dont seem to care about our own poor,Even during the boom we left the hospitals fall to dirt. Im just as guilty but this is getting out of hand now,No jobs,No properties and very bad health care for the people screwed over by the banks and government.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

In Dublin it is crazy too,you would not believe how many people reply to ads where you include rent allowance will be considered for the right people.
    As a landlord i don't get how people can generalise so much as a lot of decent people end up on rent allowance esp in the current climate.
    I would go see the houses that you are interested in then brooch the subject with the landlord if they are interested in you as tenants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement