Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early adopter - No games. Frustrated.

• 21-03-2014 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

For probably the first time in my life I decided to buy a brand spanking new console an xbox one when it was released.

Not only has it dropped in price quite a few bob but I've played all the games that I want to.

No RPG games at all... Just finished Tomb Raider which was great. Finished Ryse which was sh1te and short. Not too interested in Titanfall since I know i'll get whooped since I don't play enough to be good...

As I said I've never bought a console on release but I am seriously underwhelmed by the lack of games and the fact it costs 60 euro for a couple of hours of game play.

/rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Xcellor wrote: »
    For probably the first time in my life I decided to buy a brand spanking new console an xbox one when it was released.

Not only has it dropped in price quite a few bob but I've played all the games that I want to.

No RPG games at all... Just finished Tomb Raider which was great. Finished Ryse which was sh1te and short. Not too interested in Titanfall since I know i'll get whooped since I don't play enough to be good...

As I said I've never bought a console on release but I am seriously underwhelmed by the lack of games and the fact it costs 60 euro for a couple of hours of game play.

/rant over.

I'm the same with the Playstation! Sitting here debating whether or not to get infamous.

I've been on my 360 more than my PS4 lately!

Seriously regret getting a launch console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Not too interested in Titanfall since I know i'll get whooped since I don't play enough to be good...

Sounds line the games you've played aren't challenging enough?

Why not try Titanfall and see how you get on? You can't expect to be an expert as soon as you start playing, and there's a challenge in itself.

Plus as it's an online game and not a limited campaign so the game will challenge and hopefully interest you for longer.

Btw it's a great game ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I'm the same with the Playstation! Sitting here debating whether or not to get infamous.

I've been on my 360 more than my PS4 lately!

Seriously regret getting a launch console.

None of the games have much replayability. Ryse was so bad the moment I finished it I traded it in before it plummets in value. Nice graphics story boring obvious and linear. I have forza but never liked racing so much.

Think I won't buy console on launch again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

as any console just released, games take a few months even over a year before theirs a decent amount of them too keep anyone interested
    I only play titanfall now on my xb1, you should give it a chance, its definitly worth it
    but other then that I am mostly playing on the pc or xbox360

oh and I loved ryse :) abit short but other then that excellent imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

You should always look at what is out and what is on the release calendar before buying. I really wanted to play Assassin's Creed 4 but knew the console wouldn't be able to hold up for probably a year after that, so here I am, still haven't played the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I jumped the gun to XB1 and found games limited.
    Same for the PS4 which I jumped to afterwards.
    Back on XB1 and now with Titanfall (very easy game to play), Fifa14/COD/Forza/Killer instinct there's enough to keep me entertained.

Definitely try titanfall..it's geared for average gamers and regardless of your skill level you'll still get tons of kills and have a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

How about Rayman Legends, Dead Rising 3 and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare? Or Max and the Curse of Brotherhood or Strider from XBL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

This is pretty much par the course for launch consoles, & has been this way for a long time. There's a few nice titles starting to trickle out now though, & I'd say by this time next year, there should be a library starting to establish itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

yup, you can't buy a launch console and look back. The usually drop in price soon afterwards (if not within the first 6 months).
    Would agree with others, Titanfall is just a lot of fun, unlike COD/Battlefield where you could be up against 8-16 good players, there are a lot of bots to shoot at. Plus you titan can be put in follow mode and can protect you aswell.
    I also enjoyed the halo spartan game, suppose I just like anything halo.

I bought Titan fall in argos yesterday impulse, its not typically the type of game I go for but beggars cant be choosers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I bought Titan fall in argos yesterday impulse, its not typically the type of game I go for but beggars cant be choosers :D

you won't regret the purchase :D its alot of fun, add a few of us boardsies for extra "craic":pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

early adopting is something you will do only once I think unless there is an unreal launch title. I did it with the 360 and ended up still playing halo 2 for ages on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    early adopting is something you will do only once I think unless there is an unreal launch title. I did it with the 360 and ended up still playing halo 2 for ages on it.
    I was planning on getting the 360 at launch, but Oblivion was delayed. Now there is a game that's strong enough to see one through a gaming drought.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I was planning on getting the 360 at launch, but Oblivion was delayed. Now there is a game that's strong enough to see one through a gaming drought.

I think thats the problem there are no "meaty" titles yet. Nothing very engaging or immersive.. Graphically all are pretty nice but from a story point of view nothing has been next gen in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

evad_lhorg wrote: »

I got the 360, X1 and PS4 day one. The only one I regret is the X1, the others kept me fully entertained from the start. I was done with Xbox and PS2 gen when the 360 was released so I was dying to move on.

I do think people expect too much from a console at launch though. Unless you are big into gaming and enjoy a large type of different you will be out in no time.

I have too much to get through on the PS4 as it is. Working on AC4, Lego Marvel, Thief, MGS GZ, and inFamous SS.

Finished DR3 and Forza 5 on the X1 and there is nothing else on it for me as the PS4 has everything else but better looking. I don't like online only games so that's Titanfall out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Theres not a single marquis title that has me even considering buying one. It's a shame really. Developers must not have much time to do something really big and worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Thomas D wrote: »
    Theres not a single marquis title that has me even considering buying one. It's a shame really. Developers must not have much time to do something really big and worthwhile.

A few games got delayed like watch dogs and witcher 3 I was hoping they would keep me going with single player.
    It can only get better i suppose, some good looking games due out later this year and early next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I got the 360, X1 and PS4 day one. The only one I regret is the X1, the others kept me fully entertained from the start. I was done with Xbox and PS2 gen when the 360 was released so I was dying to move on.

I do think people expect too much from a console at launch though. Unless you are big into gaming and enjoy a large type of different you will be out in no time.

I have too much to get through on the PS4 as it is. Working on AC4, Lego Marvel, Thief, MGS GZ, and inFamous SS.

Finished DR3 and Forza 5 on the X1 and there is nothing else on it for me as the PS4 has everything else but better looking. I don't like online only games so that's Titanfall out.
    I just think there are too many middle of the road titles at launch and people just play/buy them because there is nothing else. Not many early titles hold their "quality" a few years down the line.

Oblivion was the first quality game on 360 and that was months down the line. PS4 and Xbox one are pretty much the same so far.
    Look at all the top rated games.... pretty much every one can be played on the current gen. Not worth it yet. Elder scrolls could, yet again, be the first game that could make people fly out and buy a console. Titanfall(also on 360) and Infamous are not really the type of games that grab peoples attention for too long. Towards the end of the year could be a different story though with much bigger games coming. And by then they should have any problems ironed out and the price will probably have dropped also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Definitely is a lull at the minute but I've so much to play on my 360 I haven't minded really.

So far on X1 I've played:

Forza - bored after a week or two
    Fifa - fun for a while, online full of idiots so traded it in after a few weeks
    COD Ghosts - same as above
    Tomb Raider - hadn't played it on 360, really enjoyed it. Wouldn't play the story again though and multiplayer is pants.
    NFS Rivals - good fun but very repetitive, done with it after 2 weeks.

Currently plodding through Lego: Marvel Heroes and having games of Titanfall here and there (which is getting stale already IMO)

Games have been decent I think overall but very little longevity to them.

Watch Dogs in May and Murdered: Soul Suspect in June will probably be the next things I pick up. Unless Ryse drops in price drastically.

Advertisement