Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this possible?

Options
  • 21-03-2014 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Basically i registered a web domain awhile back, have done nothing with the site so when you go to it all it says is this name is taken by my web host. Zero content yet.

Is it possible to find out numbers who have tried access the site by direct web browser?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

Since you haven't actually created a website, then there isn't anything to access, so nobody has accessed it. However, I think your question is more along the lines of 'who has tried to access the domain name', and it's unlikely that's tracked, but you'd have to check with the company that you registered the domain name with.

Basically it comes down to what company you registered with, and whether they automatically created a dummy page for you (vs using a standard page as a response for any requests to domain names without websites), and whether they track that traffic.

I think it's very unlikely they track those numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

I imagine the number of people attempting to access the URL would be 0. People don't generally guess web addresses to find sites they are looking for. Also if you did get your hands on this statistic I imagine bots/spiders/scrapers would account for all traffic.

Advertisement