Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic travel in US - bring passport?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

So I compromised, took along the passport on the condition she guarded it.

So far haven't been asked for anything except drivers license on train and hotel.

I will not say to " I told you so" but I will probably make the " I told you so" face

Yea you won't need it... but you're still supposed to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CompositeJohn

Yep, wont need it but good to have it. I always carry it on travel by air, car travel depends if I remember but usually our major trips I do carry it.

Driving home from work a year or so ago I had an F150 turn into the side of my car :confused: Anyway the police officer that came out asked about my visa status and passport given my accent. This is in Kansas with a typical paddy complexion!!

Needless to say I didn't have it on me and he told I should carry it at all times. I got it photocopied and put it in with the car title and called it a day. I'm too prone to losing things to carry the original everywhere especially now that my visa is in an expired passport multiplying my chances of losing one.

Advertisement