Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shop around re Insurance

• 21-03-2014 8:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Have a 1200cc bm, middle aged was with AON until they sent me my renewal. Have a grade 1 for insurance assessment plus full A license etc..... The quotes i got else where were mind boggling cheaper. Needless to stay I've upped sticks and moved elsewhere.

Shop around.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Arent AON gone bust and AXA taken over??? I was with them until I changed my bike and they could not get anywhere near Adelaide with the quote they were giving me. MCE are meant to be more competitive now aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭gipi

AON were acting as brokers for AXA anyway so the policies have been brought "in-house" as it were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Yeah just switched to adelaide, about 40% cheaper than quinn/liberty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

gbob wrote: »
    Yeah just switched to adelaide, about 40% cheaper than quinn/liberty

What kind of bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

blade1 wrote: »
    What kind of bike?

Tdm850, same cover plus adelaide allow riding other bikes where liberty don't.

gbob wrote: »
    Tdm850, same cover plus adelaide allow riding other bikes where liberty don't.

Yep that was key for me, riding other mo mo bikes. Low excess too and helmet and leathers covered as standard (nice to have).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    MCE are meant to be more competitive now aswell.
    Quoted me €360 FC on a 2005 MT-01...

Great says I, €1750 excess says she...FOOK OFF :eek: :rolleyes:

MonstaMash wrote: »

Ahhh they know the HOOLIGANS when they ring up.....LMAO.

They were very dear last year when I was onto them aswell, but a few lads on the other forums got a decent price lately so worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

MonstaMash wrote: »

Jesus!!!!

One other thing to watch out for is if you cancel will you get money back.
    I think Liberty pay back money up to 9 months.
    Carol Nash only 5 or 6 months!
    Don't know about the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

49 year old, full A license 31 years, over 10 years NCB, 2 penalty points for speeding, no claims in last 5 years, Garda Bike Safe certified, solo seat conversion (so no pillion cover required), Thatcham approved Datatool 3 alarm/immobiliser, garaged...

€380 FC with protected NCB, no breakdown recovery (have AA membership), €250 excess :D

Advertisement