Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Parking Zones

Options
  • 21-03-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Anyone have a link to a map showing the various parking zones for residents permit holders in the city. I've been googling all morning and can't find anything.

I'm sure in the past the best I could find was a list of streets which I could park on but I can't even find that now. My zone is CC if anyone knows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Couldn't find anything either a few months ago, the council have a list of streets in city hall though that you can get a copy of. And they have a map on the wall in there and have no problem letting people take photos of it, I dunno why they don't put it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I dunno why they don't put it online.

Parking fines are big business, very big. In the recent past it was a private company taking all the profits, today, it's a huge injection of cash into City coffers in unallocated cash slush accounts.

It's very akin to the black market economy, yer don wan anywon, anywon, evvin yerself, to know about it, and that wharehouse full of cash is actually an art installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I had to go City Hall a few weeks ago for this. There wasn't any maps "left" but they do have a huge map as confusticated already mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Most of the city is covered in zones though, not like people are going to park 40 mins walk to town to avoid paying - I'm pretty sure most people who park illegally know they're doing it, making a map of the areas available online wouldn't change that.

They told me in city hall they don't give out maps at all, not that they had none left, so wouldn't fancy your chances any other day either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,285 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Most of the city is covered in zones though, not like people are going to park 40 mins walk to town to avoid paying - I'm pretty sure most people who park illegally know they're doing it, making a map of the areas available online wouldn't change that.

They told me in city hall they don't give out maps at all, not that they had none left, so wouldn't fancy your chances any other day either...

There are plenty of places outside the pay parking zones which are a 10-15 min walk from the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Up by Neptune is a very busy spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I edited my post. There is s huge map! Bloody iPad autocorrect 'fixed' what I originally typed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Best I can do for you.

6zFFvD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

You've gone very well indeed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement