Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to identify good Miniature Schnauzer pups?

Options
  • 21-03-2014 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

we're about to look at a couple of litters this weekend.

Are there any key physical features we should look out for in the parents or pups?

We're trying to get a male pup.

I've seen maybe 10 adults in the past year and noted that a couple were alot slimmer/weaker looking than others, skinnier legs and smaller stature.
    I'd personally prefer a sturdier physique.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Well firstly, where did you source the breeders?

I suggest you contact the breed club and go that route. They can point you in the direction of reputable breeders with good quality dogs.

Stay away from the likes of donedeal as very few reputable breeders will advertise there. Good breeder rarely have to advertise on online sites like that as they usually have waiting lists because their dogs are of high quality, champions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

andreac wrote: »
    Well firstly, where did you source the breeders?

I suggest you contact the breed club and go that route. They can point you in the direction of reputable breeders with good quality dogs.

Stay away from the likes of donedeal as very few reputable breeders will advertise there. Good breeder rarely have to advertise on online sites like that as they usually have waiting lists because their dogs are of high quality, champions etc.

I contacted the ikc, not much help, they were supposed to forward me on a contact but I haven't received it. Also said they didn't know of any pups.

I've gotten a contact through another source.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I contacted the ikc, not much help, they were supposed to forward me on a contact but I haven't received it. Also said they didn't know of any pups.

I've gotten a contact through another source.

You should call the breed club directly - that's all the IKC will do anyways I'd say. The breed club will give you names and numbers of breeders with or expecting litters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The Schnauzer Club of Ireland

Mr J Stephens
    Wenden Kennels, Mount Venus Road, Rockbrook, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16
    Phone: 01-4949800
    E-Mail: info@wendenkennels.com

Miniature Schnauzer Club of Ireland

Ms M Betts (Secretary)
    Phone: Enquiries to Mr P Scanlon (087-6689129) 8pm-9pm
    E-Mail: minschnauzerclubireland@gmail.com

andreac wrote: »
    The Schnauzer Club of Ireland

Mr J Stephens
    Wenden Kennels, Mount Venus Road, Rockbrook, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16
    Phone: 01-4949800
    E-Mail: info@wendenkennels.com

Miniature Schnauzer Club of Ireland

Ms M Betts (Secretary)
    Phone: Enquiries to Mr P Scanlon (087-6689129) 8pm-9pm
    E-Mail: minschnauzerclubireland@gmail.com

I tried the second number last week and didnt get any information. I've just rang the first and left a message.

• Advertisement

Any information there on identifying a good quality pup?

Advertisement