Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football ranking table

Options
1424344454648»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭laoisman11

• All the signs were there for Armagh's win last weekend, and even if Kerry managed to take them to extra time, Armagh always looked more likely to make the final. They gained 3.1 rating points and now sit just behind Galway in the rankings
    • Galway picked up 2.4 rating points and maintain their number one position in the rankings. Donegal slip to 5th, but it still has been a hugely succesful year, given where they were 12 months ago
    • Down beat Laois as expected, and will finish the year in 12th. A season in Division 2 may give us a better understanding of where Down stand vis-a-vis the teams around them - the same could be said of Laois in Division 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

If you look back to the first post this thread, Galway and Armagh were much the same then too, but at 14th and 16th, and were similar to Laois in 15th place and below counties like Cavan, Meath and Kildare.

The final will separate the top two teams, but they have both improved markedly and each have beaten the recent top teams of Derry, Kerry and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭laoisman11

It's true that their fortunes have been closely linked over the last 25 years…….

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jack747

MArtin Breheny did a power ranking in the Indo. Did anyone see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Breheny is a cod, with his almost weekly top 10 lists....how is he still getting paid for this type of sh1te?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jack747

I agree. My old man was asking me could I find it anywhere as he was curious. Think it was from a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Some weeks it definitely seems he has no ideas for his column so just phones in a ranking of some form.

He often has interesting things to say though, but he's inconsistent and selective to the point of hypocrisy.

One week he'll decry how the money men and analysts in suits talking bullshit have taken over the GAA in place of old fashioned common sense grassroots Gaels. Then the next week he'll quote the head of commercial consultancy at PWC to back up his complaints about something….

I'll credit him for giving one of the few level headed takes on the whole GAAGo furore too.

Advertisement