Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80c mystery

Options
  • 21-03-2014 11:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

I got a letter last summer advising me that the Current Account fee structure was changing. In the letter it stated that from 19th August 2014 automated transactions would be charged at 20c per transaction, paper/staff assisted transactions would be charged at 40c per transaction and a €5 quarterly maintenance charge would apply.

I've kept an eye on what charges I was incurring since then but for the second quarter in a row I'm being charged 80c more than I expected. 

It's only 80c so I'm not losing any sleep over it and I'd be too embarrassed to ask about it at the bank, but it is bugging me that I don't know what the 80c is for.

The only items I haven't included in my calculations are Interest and Current Account Fees charges which are applied by the bank and just in this quarter the Govt. Duty ATM/POS charge.

Is Bank of Ireland charging me a fee to pay their fees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi JacquesDeLad,

Thank you for contacting us here on boards.ie.

Here is a quick glance at our charges which may help clarify your query.
    • Free Contactless payments until 18th August 2014
    • 20c for Automated Transactions e.g. Visa Debit Card, ATM, direct debits, standing orders and 365 phone/online and Mobile Banking transfers
    • 40c for Paper/Staff Assisted Transactions e.g. Cheque/paper lodgements and withdrawals over the counter using paper or Visa Debit card
    • A maintenance fee of €5 per quarter
    For more information on our fees and charges please see here on our website.

As we do not have account access here, we are unable to confirm the specific charges on your account. To get a detailed breakdown of your account fees please contact your account holding branch. If you feel there is any discrepancy with your fees, regardless of the amount, a representative will be more than happy to investigate this further for you.

If we can help you with anything else here, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

Advertisement