Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Draw

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

You said that having good players doesn't necessarily make a good team. I agree, but the fact is that PSG have clicked as a team.

Well we're not talking about the EL are we? And the fact is that reaching a quarter final and going out narrowly to Barcelona in your first season there for a long time is mightily impressive. And they're better this year.

The same Barca who last year lost to Celtic and got destroyed by Bayern Munich!

Chelsea won the Champions League around 20 months ago and are alot better side now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Still funny the amount of fear Munich instill...pretty much anyone could've faced them and got the "well they're out" response. If Barcelona got through I'd rather face them instead of the other two.

If PSG didn't have Ibrahimovic, Chelsea would be widely backed. They still should be..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I see Ibrahimovic, just like Ronaldo used to have to put up with, is still being labelled as 'not doing it in the Big games'
    It's such bull****.
    He was the best player at Euro 2012 and has scored plenty of goals and had superb performances in most crunch games in recent years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Nunu wrote: »
    I see Ibrahimovic, just like Ronaldo used to have to put up with, is still being labelled as 'not doing it in the Big games'
    It's such bull****.
    He was the best player at Euro 2012 and has scored plenty of goals and had superb performances in most crunch games in recent years.

No he wasnt, but totally agree with the rest

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Yeah, who'd be mad to back PSG with that scrub Cavani only..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

You said better team originally, now its better players!! Which is it?

Both surely. Both are probably true TBF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Chelsea have been criticised, rightly so, for lack of a sharp edge. They're top of the premier league but the premier league is the premier league. Some teams are god awful and their playing style suits Chelsea. PSG are a different kettle of fish entirely. They've got individual match winners, a quality back line and a strong midfield. A lot of people it seems are underestimating PSG. PSG are slight favourites in my book but Chelsea have every chance.

Advertisement