Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Subway

Options
  • 21-03-2014 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

I see that Subway are opening another shop in Waterford...the old swaybees garage down from the cleaboy...opening Monday apparently :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I see that Subway are opening another shop in Waterford...the old swaybees garage down from the cleaboy...opening Monday apparently :)

Place is starting to look really great. Huge improvement on what was there, it had been looking really shabby for a while.

On a side note, the back entrance to the Ind. estate just a bit further down from the garage is looking well now too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I can't picture where this is going? In the petrol station that's been renovated or somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I have also heard this

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

In the back of the shop it's going, signs are up in there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Any chance someone would be kind enough to let me know where this is going? I'm guessing the new petrol station after opening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Sully wrote: »
    Any chance someone would be kind enough to let me know where this is going? I'm guessing the new petrol station after opening?

It's going in the petrol station, from the looks of it its going to be there instead of a deli..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

There's already 4 in the town and they're building a 5th?
    Jesus Subway is fairly popular around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

yes applegreen own that petrol station and they have subways in most of there service stations but are opening more

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

its great to see the place being done up, as soon as londis came in they suffered.. they used to do loads with lunch / hot foods etc..
    As for subway, im a bit dissapointed, its crap overpriced "food".. but if its creating another few jobs and keeping peoples bills paid I cant really complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

0rt wrote: »
    its great to see the place being done up, as soon as londis came in they suffered.. they used to do loads with lunch / hot foods etc..
    As for subway, im a bit dissapointed, its crap overpriced "food".. but if its creating another few jobs and keeping peoples bills paid I cant really complain.

You wouldnt get a nicer large sandwich for €5 anywhere else imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

In your opinion its crap,subway is very nice and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/06/health/subway-bread-chemical/

Thats one reason why I didnt eat it.
    Granted they are removing the chemical now, but I generally am not a fan of processed foods.
    Give me a good ould sangwich anyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I think you'll find you just did complain...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

If you read the link, you will discover it isn't used in the EU.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Kahless wrote: »
    If you read the link, you will discover it isn't used in the EU.

Shhhh, don't leave facts get in the way of a good boycott :pac:
    Azodicarbonamide is not legally allowed to be used as a dough improver in the European Union, according to the European Food Safety Authority. It is also banned in Australia.

Advertisement