Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdated Software in use by Blacknight

Options
  • 21-03-2014 12:53pm

I had a website proposal for a college who were interested in using Moodle for displaying their courses online. We discussed the options and chose a modern responsive website theme.

I downloaded most recent version of Moodle Moodle 2.6.2 and uploaded this to Blacknight server, it took as a while as nearly 45 mb of data to transfer. Went through the installation procedures and got to the final stages. When had installed database at final step, got the error Mysql Database - version 5.1.33 is required and you are running 5.0.83.

Contacted Blacknight support and was told that if I wanted to use Moodle would have to install version 2.2.11. However the theme that we had chosen will not be available in this older version and more worryingly on the downloads page it is listed under - Legacy versions - no longer supported - http://download.moodle.org/

It seems that I will have to either drop the project or move to a new hosting provider where a newer version of Moodle will be supported, if not most recent one, then at least one that will not be marked as more or less out of date. I hope that Blacknight will update their software soon as Moodle is popular software and should be an available option for those hosting with them.

Comments

Hi ed333 we are working with the Vendors on this however we don't have an ETA at present, we are also working on implementing a new hosting service which will allow the latest versions without restriction from Vendors we hope to have this in place in the next two months.

Hello, it's been 3 months since your reply and there is still no change. If Blacknight really are "working with the vendors on this" then surely there should be some progress by now. I have had another project that I could have used Moodle for and still cannot use it. Can you tell me please when a newer version of MySQL will be installed?

Hi ed333 apologies for the delay but we are very close to having new mysql servers online with the latest version and also new shared hosting plans which will provide the latest php versions.

At the moment I would say a realistic ETA of 2 weeks for mysql and 4 weeks for php.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

At the moment I would say a realistic ETA of 2 weeks for mysql and 4 weeks for php.
    The 4 weeks are up. Has this happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Advertisement
Advertisement