Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband package sold to my 76 year old Grandmother.

Options
  • 21-03-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭

Without going into too much detail my Grandmother of 76 was sold a broadband package despite the fact the woman doesn't even know how to turn on a computer. The practice of this is nothing short of disgraceful. She returned the modem immediately and has since received bills for broadband and now received a bill of 230euro for cancellation.

I would like to know what address both e-mail and a physical address I could forward my complaint to?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Ah sure 76 is nothing, here they are doing the same thing to an 83 year old.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057091350

A nice pattern you have going here Eircom. You realise some of your agents are scum of the earth, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Jofspring wrote: »
    Without going into too much detail my Grandmother of 76 was sold a broadband package despite the fact the woman doesn't even know how to turn on a computer. The practice of this is nothing short of disgraceful. She returned the modem immediately and has since received bills for broadband and now received a bill of 230euro for cancellation.

I would like to know what address both e-mail and a physical address I could forward my complaint to?
    Hi Jofspring

I'm genuinely very sorry to hear this. Please DM me the account number in question and I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Hi Alan,

I tried PM'ing you but don't seem to be getting a response. 

This is issue is still occurring with Eircom looking for €300 off my Nan for the cancellation of the broadband that she didn't want in the first place.

I know it came as a surprise to you when I contacted you during the summer to say it still had not been sorted as you had put it through to cancel the charges eircom applied. 

It's been 7 months now and the issue is still ongoing and now my Nan has received a letter stating they will cut her off if she does not pay the outstanding bill of approx €300.

She has continued to pay her regular bill of around €40 as well.

Could you let me know asap if this issue can be resolved soon as it has gone on for 7 months now.

Jonathan.

Hi Alan,

I tried PM'ing you but don't seem to be getting a response. 

This is issue is still occurring with Eircom looking for €300 off my Nan for the cancellation of the broadband that she didn't want in the first place.

I know it came as a surprise to you when I contacted you during the summer to say it still had not been sorted as you had put it through to cancel the charges eircom applied. 

It's been 7 months now and the issue is still ongoing and now my Nan has received a letter stating they will cut her off if she does not pay the outstanding bill of approx €300.

She has continued to pay her regular bill of around €40 as well.

Could you let me know asap if this issue can be resolved soon as it has gone on for 7 months now.

Jonathan.
    Apologies [font=Times New Roman","serif]Jofspring

I was sure this had be resolved, I'll investigate again and get back to you as soon as possible

Al
    [/font]

Just so you know Alan her phone has now been cut off. She told me today she can't make or receive calls.

• Advertisement

Just so you know Alan her phone has now been cut off. She told me today she can't make or receive calls.
    Hi Jofspring

It's just been reactivated while investigations are ongoing - I should have more news by this evening

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

Her bill is still showing €271.32 outstanding from the broadband so it still hasn't been taken off her account.

Hi Alan,

Her bill is still showing €271.32 outstanding from the broadband so it still hasn't been taken off her account.
    Hello Jofspring

Apologies, please leave this with me and I'll get back to you asap - Also please PM me a mobile contact for you and I'll call you today

Thanks
    Al

PM sent 

PM sent 
    Thanks Jofspring

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Jofspring

Thank you for taking my call on this and should you have any further queries please let me know.

Thanks

Al

Thanks again Alan.

Thanks again Alan.
    No worries Jofspring

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement