Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making mp4 available offline on google drive for ipad

Options
  • 21-03-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to move a few Mp4 files to offline on the iPad app. They were shared to me.

I've checked the offline box to on and there is a loading symbol for the past 30 mins. The Google drive manual said these will be available offline once this finishes.

Firstly, is it possible to move a shared file to offline?

If the above is possible, how long would you expect a 50 minute Mp4 to load for until it completes this step. Sorry, I don't know the actual file type.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi

I'm looking to move a few Mp4 files to offline on the iPad app. They were shared to me.

I've checked the offline box to on and there is a loading symbol for the past 30 mins. The Google drive manual said these will be available offline once this finishes.

Firstly, is it possible to move a shared file to offline?

If the above is possible, how long would you expect a 50 minute Mp4 to load for until it completes this step. Sorry, I don't know the actual file type.

Thanks

A 50 min HD movie could be quite a large file size. Over a slow connection or even a fast one (WiFi chips in small devices are not that great) it could take a considerable amount of time.
    My experience with this make offline on iOS devices is that it can cause problems if the file is not compatible with the device. So make sure the iPad can play the file before doing this. In other words Google downloads the full file to the ipad, once it's downloaded it attempts to open/save it to the device, but it will seem to only do this if the ipad supports it

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Cheers Nick. The loading symbol eventually disappeared so I think it's sorted

Advertisement