Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 month old teething...

Options
  • 21-03-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

My lil angel has turned into well a little devil this week I think her teething has coincided with a growth spurt.. So the little monster is constantly tired and too sore to get off to sleep bless her... At first I thought she was poorly because she's never this ratty.. But no tempature and her appetite isn't suffering that much bottles definitely aggravating her she ends up just chewing the teet... Trying pretty much everything.. Today I'm gonna wet a cloth and freeze it see how that goes.. But I am exhausted not a peaceful night or day since Tuesday... Fun fun.. Praying for the appearance off a new pearly white.. Anyone any ideas how comfort her pain I'd be v greatful xxxxxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Teetha gel - both of mine were/are addicts, rub a little directly onto her gums or onto a soother if she takes one. There's also Bonjela or Calgel but both mine preferred the Teetha. It's a herbal remedy....

My 17mth old still only has 4 teeth so we're still in the thick of it so i feel your pain :-(

Oh and of course it's ok to give Calpol or Nurofen as well, maybe half an hour before bed to help her sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

We use Teetha Sachets. Give our Little One a sachet about every two hours when it's really bad. We have gotten to a stage now where she knows when one is coming. We keep a box in the nappy-bag and one in the house so that they are always to hand. Teething rings in the freezer also help. So far (with two teeth fully erupted and two others partially) we are doing OK. We've noticed that she is now grinding her teeth which is sooooooooo annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amicranky89

Went and got the teetha gel and granuals worked like a charm and she loves the taste.. The frozen cloths are brilliant as well... She now has a rash on her neck and cheeks which is definitely from all that dribbling...poor little thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I've seen frozen apple slices mentioned in a few forums, so you could maybe try that?

On a side note - Anyone know why bonjela is not suitable for babies under 4 months? Has anyone used it earlier than that?

Advertisement