Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House share what to say?

Options
  • 21-03-2014 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I am trying to find somewhere to stay on the south side of Dublin (I work in D18) but I am not getting many reply to my inquiries on Daft.

For email only adverts I say the following:
    Hi <name>,
    If you are still accepting viewings please let me know as I would be interested in setting one up.

I can normally free after 6 for viewings any day of the week.

My Bio:
    I am <age> year old guy, Mon - Fri job, work in <area>, into <my interests>.

I want to keep it short as I know they have shed loads of people emailing them.

When they list the phone number they normally say after a certain time so I respect that but when I go to contact them the number has disappeared or the advert is gone.

What I have started doing is texting them before that time but I haven't had much luck with that either.

On the viewings its self I have always asked the usual questions like how much is gas, bins etc? What do the other house mates do? Why is the person leaving? Does everyone keep to themselves or does everyone do stuff with each other?

What other questions should I be asking or not asking from the above?

I was at a viewing during the week as they got everyone to arrive at the same time, how do you deal with them situations where its hard to get talking house mates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Id say your best bet is to just use the phone; emailing, even texting, is most likely going to be a waste of time. If the properties are in a high demand area then chances are they have already filled the place by the time they have read your email.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭done4now

So do I just ignore the 'Phone Between Hours: 18:00 - 21:00' and ring them straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Or you could phone them between the hours of 6 and 9! If they are in work then chances are they wont read/respond to a personal email until that time anyway.

The way I see it, Id sooner pick up the phone and talk to someone. At least that way you know a) they actually got your correspondance, and b) you know where you stand right away.

Advertisement