Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Art of the Brick exhibition - Ambassador Theatre - starts April 5th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kaaaacey

Has anyone been to this? And of so is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I went on Saturday evening and yeah it was good, couple of cool pieces, I thought it was worth the look for the price.

They give you a little narration recording thing so you can get more details of some pieces.
    Just remember there's more downstairs!

Also the gift shop items are a bit pricey of course, I got one of the books they had on Amazon for about a quarter of the price!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My debit card got swallowed at an ATM yesterday, do I need to book online for this? I don't have time tomorrow to go to a ticketmaster office and I want to head in around 6pm for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

I went on Sat and was able to just get tickets at the desk. So you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Is this a good event for young kids (say 4 and 6) or is it more for the older types?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

How long does it take to get through this? Is 1.5 hours enough?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You could probably do it less than that. I done it in an hour and a half though, really slow going through it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

You could probably do it less than that. I done it in an hour and a half though, really slow going through it :)

Cheers, lookin forward to it on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Is this a good event for young kids (say 4 and 6) or is it more for the older types?

I went on Wednesday, it's not great for kids to be honest - they'll prob be frustrated they can't touch the lego!
    The only thing they'd get a real kick out of is probably the dinosaur.. The rest of it is lego sculptures and still life pieces.

It's a good exhibition though, just not for younger kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Yes it was OK for adults not really suited to kids under about 8 I would say. Here's a few pictures from it if you want to have a look.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/arciphel/sets/72157643905404923/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

Thanks for sharing those

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Finally got to it yesterday, thought it was phenomenal. So inspiring. I would recommend it to any art aficionado, regardless of whether they are interested in Lego or not. The creativity really was something to behold, it actually makes me feel bad for building from instructions the whole time.

Edit: By the way, if anybody is going to be attending the show in the coming weeks before it finishes up, I would be hugely appreciative if you could keep an eye out in the gift store for a print of his 'Yellow' piece for me. It was sold out, and the lady said they may get more in before the show finishes, but being from Cork I won't be around to check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 seldduca2012

For anyone who has been to the exhibit thus far can you tell me if it is possible to bring a camera to take pictures of the exhibits??

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Arciphel wrote: »
    Yes it was OK for adults not really suited to kids under about 8 I would say. Here's a few pictures from it if you want to have a look.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/arciphel/sets/72157643905404923/

Of course you can bring your camera in, see above!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 seldduca2012

Ah i wasnt sure if they were taken at the exhibit by a member of the public or not.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The only photography rule they have is no flash, otherwise it's grand.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Missed this when it was on in Dublin but saw it in Amsterdam. Very, very inpressive. Took loads of pics.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My sister is actually working at the exhibition in New York. She says it's great. My son went to see it when it was in Dublin - he loved it.

Advertisement