Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tank protectors

• 21-03-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

i only ride with textiles, is it worth putting one on anyway?
    i think most look a bit tacky, what does the board think about them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You can get really nice custom ones Andy. Dont have to be them multicoloured HOOLIGAN jobbies! Or just get a nice tankbag like I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Alternative tank protectors http://www.stompgrip.com/traction-kits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I have a bagster cover on the Pan, best thing I ever got, But even my Deauville had protectors on and I rarely wear anything other than textile

Join Ireland Weather Network

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Alternative tank protectors http://www.stompgrip.com/traction-kits

Excellent product but very pricey for what they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

thecivvie wrote: »
    I have a bagster cover on the Pan, best thing I ever got, But even my Deauville had protectors on and I rarely wear anything other than textile

Bagster here too
    photo_zps6db88a10.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

i only ride with textiles, is it worth putting one on anyway?
    i think most look a bit tacky, what does the board think about them?

I'd a fake carbon one fitted to my last bike, IMO it'd didn't look tacky. But if you buy tacky designs it'll look tacky. Current bike came with a tank bag and mounting harness so I just leave the harness on all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Excellent product but very pricey for what they are.
    True that, but strangely enough if you search on eBay.de occassionally you will find them at a very affordable price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bandit12Biker

You can also buy CLEAR ones;I have a carbon one on my bike take and looks well;rather have one than none as hate small scratches that area;may not annoy some people but annoys me

You can also buy CLEAR ones;I have a carbon one on my bike take and looks well;rather have one than none as hate small scratches that area;may not annoy some people but annoys me

I have read that the clear stomp grips fade and turn a yellow colour with the heat of the sun, which in turn might make the the bike look a bit dirty on certain coloured bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bandit12Biker

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have read that the clear stomp grips fade and turn a yellow colour with the heat of the sun, which in turn might make the the bike look a bit dirty on certain coloured bikes.

One I bought in past was so clear could hardly see it on tank but it did its job as after few months it had small scratches on it;best way to describe it is it`s like clear plastic pieces you get on new phone screens etc..of course thicker and better stickiness. Other ones I have saw on mates bike had ridges like bubble wrap but somehow looked tacky and condensation got down it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

MonstaMash wrote: »
    True that, but strangely enough if you search on eBay.de occassionally you will find them at a very affordable price ;)

Go on....

Advertisement