Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well lads who is going to the darts this Thursday @ the O2?

• 21-03-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm heading up for my first time and looking forward to it,
    Anyone going or who has went before?
    What's the craic?
    Good night? Messy? Trouble? Atmosphere?

Match predictions?
    Wes Newton v Gary Anderson
    Phil Taylor v Raymond Van Barneveld
    Peter Wright v Michael Van Gerwen
    Adrian Lewis v Dave Chisnall
    Wes Newton v Simon Whitlock

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

I'll be there, first time myself as well!

Have you been practicing the Yaya/Kolo song?? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'll be there too. It's good craic but hopefully you're not up the back because you can hardly even see the screen from up there.

I also advice you to take out a mortgage before you go because you'll need it to buy a couple of pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I'll be there too. It's good craic but hopefully you're not up the back because you can hardly even see the screen from up there.

I also advice you to take out a mortgage before you go because you'll need it to buy a couple of pints.

The last time I was in that place for a gig the Guinness was overpriced POISON, never drank anything as bad in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

DeadlyH83 wrote: »
    I'm heading up for my first time and looking forward to it,
    Anyone going or who has went before?
    What's the craic?
    Good night? Messy? Trouble? Atmosphere?

Match predictions?
    Wes Newton v Gary Anderson
    Phil Taylor v Raymond Van Barneveld
    Peter Wright v Michael Van Gerwen
    Adrian Lewis v Dave Chisnall
    Wes Newton v Simon Whitlock

Messy . . . .very messy. Good craic until the gobsh1tes around you who have no interest in darts start acting like complete pr1cks under the influence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

Messy . . . .very messy. Good craic until the gobsh1tes around you who have no interest in darts start acting like complete pr1cks under the influence.

Yea I can imagine the pricks!!
    Hopefully they won't go over board and it will be a good night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

And that's why I have no interest in going.

The UK Open looked like a great tournament for real fans to attend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Not bothering this year. The venue is terrible for darts, the premier league is as dull as watching paint dry and the crowd are terrible.

Would rather go to a few nights of the Grand Prix in Citywest tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

giving it a miss myself for first time ever, getting stale now this premier league set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 Darraghgt4

Heading up with few mates for the second time. The atmosphere is unbelievable which i think justifies the price of the pints, a great night out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Heading up myself but in row 38 so won't see a thing.

Fearing the ques at the bar already

First time going so hopefully it's good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

Yea queues at the bar will be frightening.

Can anyone tell me is it easy to get from Heouston train station to the O2? Cheers

My predictions are
    Newton 7-5 Anderson
    Lewis 7-5 Chisnall
    Newton 7-3 Whitlock
    Van Gerwen 7-3 Wright
    Taylor 7-2 Van Barneveld

DeadlyH83 wrote: »
    Yea queues at the bar will be frightening.

Can anyone tell me is it easy to get from Heouston train station to the O2? Cheers

My predictions are
    Newton 7-5 Anderson
    Lewis 7-5 Chisnall
    Newton 7-3 Whitlock
    Van Gerwen 7-3 Wright
    Taylor 7-2 Van Barneveld

The Luas will drop you right outside the O2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

You will have no bother with bar queues lads
    The jacks in between games a different matter though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

KevIRL wrote: »
    You will have no bother with bar queues lads
    The jacks in between games a different matter though

Very few benefits of being a lady darts fan.

This is one of them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

Interesting to hear people's views on the premier league format being stale. I agree. Strange that the so called 'relegated' players like Anderson and Newton got promoted immediately to this years event.

For anyone that is interested there is a tournament coming up in the weigh inn bar in Omagh ( I will confirm the exact dates and times later) that should be right up the street of Irish darts enthusiasts. It features the top 40/50 players on both sides of the darting divide , and I would imagine it would be the first time that such a cast of Ireland's finest darters would compete under one roof at the one time. Watch this space .

Dessiemc27 wrote: »
    Interesting to hear people's views on the premier league format being stale. I agree. Strange that the so called 'relegated' players like Anderson and Newton got promoted immediately to this years event.

In fairness it was sky that picked Anderson and Barney. Newton shouldn’t be near it as he is just not good enough and boring to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

buster180 wrote: »
    In fairness it was sky that picked Anderson and Barney. Newton shouldn’t be near it as he is just not good enough and boring to watch.

Fair enough buster. I just wish they had not used the term relegation. I like watching Anderson and Barney. I'm sure they are crowd pleasers too.

Regarding my above mention of the weigh inn bar tournament I now have a thread started above.

Good luck to all who go to the O2 tonight and I hope there is no trouble like at the odyssey , as I would expect there to be quite a few impressionable young lads and ladies with their family attending.

Advertisement