Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserve Defence Forces Recruitment 2015 **Update!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Outdoors Junkie

JB400 wrote: »
    Is the BMI test just a weighing scales and height test, or is it with calipers???

Just height and weight no calipers, unless your over the Army's BMI scale limit which I think is around 29/30.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JB400

Just height and weight no calipers, unless your over the Army's BMI scale limit which I think is around 29/30.

Haha the calipers might make an appearance so...

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

Haha the calipers might make an appearance so...

They check waist as well.

They check waist as well.

Cheers for the info...should be grand...

Cheers for the info...should be grand...

Good luck buddy! What unit do you want to get into?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

what is the from that is send attached to the email ? I can't open it on my computer because i dont have Microsoft office, can anybody help me out here ? on this ?

Good luck buddy! What unit do you want to get into?

Infantry in cathal brugha...yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭brennan10

what is the from that is send attached to the email ? I can't open it on my computer because i dont have Microsoft office, can anybody help me out here ? on this ?

The attachment just says the same as the email really but mentions to fast from 10pm the night before the medical, be clean shaven and that you can bring a packed lunch as the testing process is lengthy.

By the way you don't need to print off that attachment.

brennan10 wrote: »
    By the way you don't need to print off that attachment.

yes but I got a form with the GP details too

• Advertisement

Medical Email Attachment

I'm having a little confusion here , need a little help , so the first part says candidate name and address ? Do I write my name here and address ? and the second part says Details of family Doctor/gp and says candiate name,adress and contact no: do I put the doctors details there ? sorry if its seems a bit obvious but I just don't want to make a mistake.

ps do I sign the end or does the doctor ?

Medical Email Attachment

I'm having a little confusion here , need a little help , so the first part says candidate name and address ? Do I write my name here and address ? and the second part says Details of family Doctor/gp and says candiate name,adress and contact no: do I put the doctors details there ? sorry if its seems a bit obvious but I just don't want to make a mistake.

ps do I sign the end or does the doctor ?

Is this the questionnaire form?

Is this the questionnaire form?

Nope just something To do with the gps details

Nope just something To do with the gps details

You give your local doctor's/ GP's details in the questionnaire but I don't remember filling out a separate form about my GP.
    I would fill it out the best you can, bring a spare (unfilled)copy and a pen and if you then make a mistake you could just ask one of the staff members at your medical for assistance, you will have plenty of time on the day. I thought I had brought everything with me on the day including blood group evidence but forgot (of all things!) the medical questionnaire and when I realised I had forgot it I just asked for another one to fill out and was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Does anyone else have to repeat the hearing test? I got a '25' on one of the sheets so failed to react on just one sound! I thought I did well on it , funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

rizzee wrote: »
    Does anyone else have to repeat the hearing test? I got a '25' on one of the sheets so failed to react on just one sound! I thought I did well on it , funny.

Seems to be alot of people have to repeat it. I did. Done much better on my second time. The doc doing the test was actualy amazed i had to even repeat it at all

Seems to be alot of people have to repeat it. I did. Done much better on my second time. The doc doing the test was actualy amazed i had to even repeat it at all

Well done. Yeah I don't know how I failed I felt very confident after getting out of the little room. Any tips on what you did before the repeat one, did you avoid loud noises etc like it says? Maybe wear ear plugs the night before? I've mine next Friday afternoon

Well done. Yeah I don't know how I failed I felt very confident after getting out of the little room. Any tips on what you did before the repeat one, did you avoid loud noises etc like it says? Maybe wear ear plugs the night before? I've mine next Friday afternoon

I followed the tips given to a certain extent I.e 72hr thing etc but didn't lock myself in silence either...you know the score what goes on in that box. Once the doc explained about how to do the test I felt ok with it. He mentioned about the box may feel clausphobic so decided to close my eyes for the duration so not to affect concention. Just listen best you can. Press the button only when sure. I found the beeps had a rhythm so could roughly know I should hear the slightest beep...my top tip was defo closing my eyes as it allowed me to relax into it...worked for me....sorry long winded responce but hope it helps!

I followed the tips given to a certain extent I.e 72hr thing etc but didn't lock myself in silence either...you know the score what goes on in that box. Once the doc explained about how to do the test I felt ok with it. He mentioned about the box may feel clausphobic so decided to close my eyes for the duration so not to affect concention. Just listen best you can. Press the button only when sure. I found the beeps had a rhythm so could roughly know I should hear the slightest beep...my top tip was defo closing my eyes as it allowed me to relax into it...worked for me....sorry long winded responce but hope it helps!

Haha thanks! I actually did it twice, the doctor who did the eye & hearing tests was dead sound, first time he actually thought I passed it and it wasn't until I got to the doctor at the end for the final report that I found out I failed!

He told me to go back and make an appointment so when doing that the hearing doc just said go in and try again! Same story haha so made an app for next Friday when i'm back from holidays.

Yeah there was some sort of pattern going on, I have a feeling I might have been hitting the button thinking there was a noise when it was just going on in my head.

Had the eyes closed the second time and it was definitely a lot better (top tip BTW). The blood rushing around my head kept moving the headphones too, very annoying!!

• Advertisement

Haha thanks! I actually did it twice, the doctor who did the eye & hearing tests was dead sound, first time he actually thought I passed it and it wasn't until I got to the doctor at the end for the final report that I found out I failed!

He told me to go back and make an appointment so when doing that the hearing doc just said go in and try again! Same story haha so made an app for next Friday when i'm back from holidays.

Yeah there was some sort of pattern going on, I have a feeling I might have been hitting the button thinking there was a noise when it was just going on in my head.

Had the eyes closed the second time and it was definitely a lot better (top tip BTW). The blood rushing around my head kept moving the headphones too, very annoying!!

I'm really surprised to hear how you had to hear from the doc at the end about the fail when you thought you had it in the bag....I'm sure you'll smash it next week....you've had plenty practice at this stage lol. Say for example its the same story next time is that the end for you then or what?

I'm really surprised to hear how you had to hear from the doc at the end about the fail when you thought you had it in the bag....I'm sure you'll smash it next week....you've had plenty practice at this stage lol. Say for example its the same story next time is that the end for you then or what?

Haha thanks... I hope so! I won't be away from loud noises anyway til the Thursday evening when i'm home though that's my only worry.

Ah sure i'll pass will be grand;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Irishboy!

Can anyone let me know what the tips are ye received? i got none at all

I had the tv volume at an absalute minimum, avoided screaming children and took two days off work before the test. The doc gave me a good tip. He told me too push the earphone tight on to my ear wit lh my hand during the test. Done the job. Hearing the lads outside the booth talking while your in the "soundproof" booth doesnt help either

I did my hearing test already, I didn't really avoid too loud noises the day before and I traveled to the hospital by a motorbike. I got the top grade though. And yeah, there is a patter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EncinoMan

Guys, the email requested I bring a "full vaccination history from birth (vaccination card)"

I don't have one of these I'm pretty sure, much less know what it is. Could someone tell me whether we actually need these and if so where do I get one or what exactly is it?

EncinoMan wrote: »
    Guys, the email requested I bring a "full vaccination history from birth (vaccination card)"

I don't have one of these I'm pretty sure, much less know what it is. Could someone tell me whether we actually need these and if so where do I get one or what exactly is it?

What they want is your Carte Jaune or Yellow Card, it's an international certificate of vaccination (ICV). It is issued by the World Health Organisation. It is recognised internationally and may be required for entry to certain countries where there are increased health risks for travellers. And it's basically a history or record of every vaccination you've had since you were born or should be.

I had brought my own one with me on the day of the medical and a separate form of vaccination history from overseas trips which weren't on the card and the Doc never asked for them ( even after I brought them up in conversation ), so you might not get asked.

I'd ask your parents or whoever you might think knows where it might be, I'm sure you have one somewhere.

Remember to ask them when you'll hear back from them about the blood and urine results I'd be very interested to know.

Good Luck on your medical!

EncinoMan wrote: »

hey,where abouts on the email did it ask for that???

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheStig13

What's the colour blindness test like?

• Advertisement

hey,where abouts on the email did it ask for that???

In your first email after the interview under "PLEASE BRING:"

This also includes:

A printed copy of this email.

Blood Donor card or evidence of your blood group if you have it.

Glasses/ contact lenses if they are prescribed to you.

Snack/lunch and a drink.

And in separate email you should have an army medical questionnaire, that you need to print and fill out.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement