Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserve Defence Forces Recruitment 2015 **Update!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JB400

Garzard wrote: »
    Still no email J? I have the number bolded below. If you ring them and manage to get on to them, would you mind asking about the FTT dates? Tried twice over the course of today myself and couldn't get through, surprise surprise! If it doesn't work tomorrow either I'll try emailing instead. They might not be taking calls on Fridays or weekends though.

Anyway:

cheers for the reply.i called them the day you got your emails..they said my info still hadnt reached them from bricins and told me to ring back on monday...i'll ask them then about FTT..

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

I got an email for the 8th as well, but still got no idea what the induction will consist of. Is is a day long, few days long or maybe just few hours? It will be probably just a talk about the upcoming dates and what we should be looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

The reserve companies of the 7BN parade on a Wednesday night so it should just be for 1.5 - 2 hours.
    I'd imagine that it'll just be running through what the plan for you is, when your FTT is and any questions that you have to be answered by the people that will be dealing with ye.

Keep an eye out for me and give me a wave if you see me, I'll be the guy wearing green :D

The reserve companies of the 7BN parade on a Wednesday night so it should just be for 1.5 - 2 hours.
    I'd imagine that it'll just be running through what the plan for you is, when your FTT is and any questions that you have to be answered by the people that will be dealing with ye.

Keep an eye out for me and give me a wave if you see me, I'll be the guy wearing green :D

Ill be probably the guy wearing all the motorbike gear haha

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭brennan10

Ill be probably the guy wearing all the motorbike gear haha

Good stuff...wasn't sure if you had made the cut but sure we'll see you there!

• Advertisement

brennan10 wrote: »
    Good stuff...wasn't sure if you had made the cut but sure we'll see you there!

Why did you think that? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tom.737

Still no word after my medical months ago. Emailed em about 2 million times. And now I see on Facebook that they're advertising taking the next batch of army reserve guys in now. complete Joke. 3 years trying to get in and it doesn't look likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Tom.737 wrote: »
    Still no word after my medical months ago. Emailed em about 2 million times. And now I see on Facebook that they're advertising taking the next batch of army reserve guys in now. complete Joke. 3 years trying to get in and it doesn't look likely.

No word either way? Have you tried putting a message on Facebook? Seems kinda lousy to be left hanging. Maybe now that they're advertising they'll be in the office to answer the phone if you try calling - the number for Cathal Brugha is on the military.ie page

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tom.737

Kirm2 wrote: »
    No word either way? Have you tried putting a message on Facebook? Seems kinda lousy to be left hanging. Maybe now that they're advertising they'll be in the office to answer the phone if you try calling - the number for Cathal Brugha is on the military.ie page

Nope I didn't try that, tried a few email addresses that were emailing me before. My medical was also messed up too, I did it on the very last day because I was forgotten about yet again. Load of ****e! just gunna have to call them in the morning and hope for the best but I'm quite sure it'd be too late right now for an October camp for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

That's disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

The NSR Rec class are all going to be discharged or transferred to the AR as they all are the wrong med grade for the NS, complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JB400

Still haven't heard anything myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

mcko wrote: »
    The NSR Rec class are all going to be discharged or transferred to the AR as they all are the wrong med grade for the NS, complete joke.

Does the NSR have different standards to the army reserve?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

RECRUITMENT TO RDF NOW UNDERWAY

Interested? Click here

Are you interested in joining E Coy 27 Bn Navan?

Click here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Morpheus wrote: »
    RECRUITMENT TO RDF NOW UNDERWAY

Interested? Click here

Are you interested in joining E Coy 27 Bn Navan?

Click here

I'm due to be starting cathal brugha next week like a lot of people, however Navan would be only a ten/fifteen minute journey from me instead of going into town, so would be much handier.

Don't know whether to request a transfer, would there be much of a difference between the two places??

where did you apply to?
    which unit?
    you can easily request a transfer once your in.

Morpheus wrote: »
    where did you apply to?
    which unit?
    you can easily request a transfer once your in.

Infantry in McKee but got CB.

I don't want to miss out on anything though, obviously Navans recruitment and facilities would be much smaller I'm guessing?

I cant go into details or specifics but navan actually uses two seperate locations to train. non weapon related training, basically anything that requires a classroom, whiteboard or projector is done in HQ Navan. All else is done in the second location which has weapons ammunition a training AO and a range.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

Yes, they need to pass a sea going med as all NSR pers are seamen only, all line not corps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Was flicking around through the RDF section of the site and came across this which is causing a bit of confusion on my end:
    http://www.military.ie/en/reserve/training/
    Training is the life blood of the Reserve Defence Force. The part time soldier, or sailor, receives modern training, centered around weekly training parades, which are usually 2 hours in duration. There are also field-days, and overnights, usually once a month, along with a full-time training camp in the summer which is of up to 14 days in duration.

Is this our 2 weeks Recruit Training?

• Advertisement

no this is talking about 3 star privates up

as a recruit you will do 2 weeks , or whatever you have been told / will be told is on the recruit syllabus for your recruit year. but each year there after you will also have to do 2 weeks full time training, we all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 WicMan

Should i join the reserves if i want to be in the PDF, iv heard its possible to go from the Reserves into the PDF but would that be a good way of going about getting into it or should i hold out till the next PDF recruitment.

no if you plan on joining the PDF within the next year wait and apply for that.
    you cannot transfer directly. you will need to re do recruit training from scratch and you will only be wasting a valuable reservists place on him or her by leaving mid way through the recruit process in the RDF.

if however joining the PDF is a long term plan that you want to do in 2 or 3 years then yes you should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Just out of interest is there anyone here who is in college and also in the RDF. If so how do you find a balance between the two?

Also, if anyone from Navan RDF could tell me what weeknight the parades take place? (I understand if that information can't be released, it's just to see if I could fit it in)

Thanks!

for recruits, initially training is on wed nights, flowerhill navan at 8pm to 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Has anyone here applied for both PDF and RDF?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Kirm2 wrote: »
    Has anyone here applied for both PDF and RDF?

PDF is currently closed for entry, except medical doctors as far as I am aware from the careers page.

Have anyone got some more information about the induction on the 8th this month? How long is it going to be for?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭brennan10

Have anyone got some more information about the induction on the 8th this month? How long is it going to be for?

I'd imagine no more than 2 hours max.

• Advertisement

brennan10 wrote: »
    I'd imagine no more than 2 hours max.

Hopefully. Is there a dress code or anything we need to bring?

Advertisement