Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserve Defence Forces Recruitment 2015 **Update!**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭janet1989

Lockstep wrote: »
    Yeah, friend of mine failed the eye test. Another failed the hearing.
    When will we get the results of the medical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

No idea. That relies on a fair few factors so it's not something that someone on this forum can advise on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

janet1989 wrote: »
    When will we get the results of the medical?

I asked at Bricin's the other day (at my own medical) and the nurse said usually about 2 weeks for the bloods to come back.

I, however, have been asked back in for more bloods and urine. EMT said this is no big deal - it often happens each year if you've been a bit unwell/whatever (which I was in the days leading up to the medical itself). Back in so on Tuesday coming.

I'd expect people (based on the above) to hear back about their medical within two weeks. However, when the security checks and other arrangements will be done with...anyone's guess, as Lockstep has pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lutenhutt

anyone know the recruitment date for 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Garzard

lutenhutt wrote: »
    anyone know the recruitment date for 2015?

Right now the DF seem to only be recruiting for Air Corps Technicians. Before dismissal on weeknights though we're typically given the dates of upcoming exercises and relevant events. Nothing on recruitment since the last competition closed but if yourself or others here are waiting for 2015 announces I'd be more than happy to keep the thread updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Id like to be kept update please Garzard.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Chonghaile85

Have my medical in St Bricins tomorrow, brickin would be an understatement :) , the aul hearing in one of my ears isnt the best :P

Any advice on dress code for the medical, casual, formal or a mix of both?? Thank in advance.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Have my medical in St Bricins tomorrow, brickin would be an understatement :) , the aul hearing in one of my ears isnt the best :P

Any advice on dress code for the medical, casual, formal or a mix of both?? Thank in advance.....

Casual is fine for the medical.

Anybody else have their medical in Bricins y'day? Glad to say I passed pending bloods, urine and security clearance obviously. Does anyone know how long this part of the process is and what follows on from that?

Anybody else have their medical in Bricins y'day? Glad to say I passed pending bloods, urine and security clearance obviously. Does anyone know how long this part of the process is and what follows on from that?
    The Doctor said to me it should only take a few days for the bloods. Once you get the all clear, your attested.

• Advertisement

Good man. You were worried about those hearing tests so fair play.

Had mine there about two weeks ago. A nurse on the day said it often takes about two weeks to hear confirmation of having passed bloods and urine. Security clearance could take some time though. I'm feckin itching to get in at this point. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Alt J

Best of luck too everyone :)

Cheers man! Yeah ended up getting H1 in both ears, couldnt believe it but I'll take it :)

I've heard the security clearance can take months, no craic! Anyone have any concrete info on when the clearances come back? Would it be worth your while contacting the gardai and inquiring...or better yet if there are any gardai or best buds of gardai on this forum can you fill us in? :)

I've heard the security clearance can take months, no craic! Anyone have any concrete info on when the clearances come back? Would it be worth your while contacting the gardai and inquiring...or better yet if there are any gardai or best buds of gardai on this forum can you fill us in? :)

Garda vetting is undertaken down the country somewhere - I think it may even be civilians who are tasked with this. So perhaps any Boards-based gardai (or friends of gardai) may not be able to say much about this.

On a related note, I've had to complete GV about 10 times over the same number of years past. Why don't they just have a system whereby once you've been vetted up until 'date X', then that's that. Then, when you need to complete GV again anytime in the future, they'd only have to check your record/standing with the guards from date x until date y. Seriously cut down on everyone's workload or wait, wouldn't it?

Did anyone applying for the RDF in Galway hear back about their blood results yet? I did mine last Wednesday and the doctor said it should only take a few days.

Anyone get word back on the blood and urine samples taken in St. Bricins two weeks ago?

Anyone get word back on the blood and urine samples taken in St. Bricins two weeks ago?
    I got an email yesterday inviting me to attest next weds (CBB). But I never got the blood and urine results back as such. So I reckon you'll just get a similar email as mine over the next few days. All the best with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mike923

Been waiting nearly 6 weeks for my blood and urine tests for the NSR.. A buddy of mine was emailed saying he was unsuccessful

mike923 wrote: »
    Been waiting nearly 6 weeks for my blood and urine tests for the NSR.. A buddy of mine was emailed saying he was unsuccessful
    Did they say why, Mike? Not being nosey about specific person or anything but what reasons would people fail it for?

• Advertisement

I think most people fail because of their hearing or eyesight not being up to par. I'm pretty sure it was because of my buddies eyesight..

Another possible reason would be failing the drug test and less commonly finding blood diseases and things like that.

mike923 wrote: »
    I think most people fail because of their hearing or eyesight not being up to par. I'm pretty sure it was because of my buddies eyesight..

Another possible reason would be failing the drug test and less commonly finding blood diseases and things like that.
    I don't know how people could fail the eyesight. I passed it a few weeks ago despite the fact I have double vision as a result of a squent. The tester even said that I had good eyesight! It says clearly in the DF Handbook that "there must be no history of squent". Either my tester made a mistake or they are less strict for the RDF.

janet1989 wrote: »
    I don't know how people could fail the eyesight. I passed it a few weeks ago despite the fact I have double vision as a result of a squent. The tester even said that I had good eyesight! It says clearly in the DF Handbook that "there must be no history of squent". Either my tester made a mistake or they are less strict for the RDF.
    I'd say what's more important is that the vision is functionally good, i.e. that (squint or not) your vision is such that you can gauge depth, see things far away and nearby, not colour blind, etc. Either way, good news for you. ;)

Well I had to pass two medicals for the RDF, one was fitness and an Eye and hearing test, the other was a complete medicals - blood, urine ect. and with a more in depth hearing and eye test..

The first was just reading the letters on the screen, peripheral vision, colour blindness test and dept gauging as EGOSHEA has mentioned

Still waiting on word back if im in or out (shaking it all about)! Reckon there's any point in contacting the recruitment centre and checking or just wait out?

Still waiting on word back if im in or out (shaking it all about)! Reckon there's any point in contacting the recruitment centre and checking or just wait out?

Nothing to lose by checking?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gg1305

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    Nothing to lose by checking?

Who should we be checking with? Is it manpower? Or the battalion?
    I missed a call from Cbb last week but nobody can figure out who made it, pretty annoying I just want to get there and start learning!

Chonghaile and GG,

I asked tonight at parade about this on your behalf. Cpl advised me to advise you to contact 7 Bn Sgt - won't post his name here. PM me for details if you like. The Cpl advised ye do this soon.

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    Chonghaile and GG,

I asked tonight at parade about this on your behalf. Cpl advised me to advise you to contact 7 Bn Sgt - won't post his name here. PM me for details if you like. The Cpl advised ye do this soon.

I emailed the admin Sgt,not sure if it's the same guy, and he knew nothing about my application?
    I'd just like to know where I stand is all!

• Advertisement

Egoshea ,
    If you could pm me the Sgts name that would be great

Advertisement