Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reserve Defence Forces Recruitment 2015 **Update!**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Looking forward to the inevitable threads in a few weeks time... "What do I need to bring on camp?" Best of luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JB400

Passed the fitness test on the 12th of April, but still haven't received word on a date for the interview..Is this the case for any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭brennan10

Must be one of the first kicking off the interviews at Cathal Brugha tomorrow at 9am...here we go lads...all the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

mcko wrote: »
    The amount of people who failed to turn up and those who did then failed the fitness is huge...

More places for us then! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

brennan10 wrote: »
    Must be one of the first kicking off the interviews at Cathal Brugha tomorrow at 9am...here we go lads...all the best!

Best of luck!! Please share some info about the day, what happened, questions asked etc. etc. if you get a chance!! :D

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote: »
    Best of luck!! Please share some info about the day, what happened, questions asked etc. etc. if you get a chance!! :D

Thanks rizzee! How the day went...well...myself and bout 6-7 lads arrived for 9am. We then moved to waiting area and organised in order for interview. A sheet will be given to state name, age, hobbies, achievements and work you had in last 3 years with respondsibities held. I was last to interview of the lads. Firstly an informal chat is held with a superior to explain what the panel want during interview and then to wait outside til called. The interview itself was a panel of 3 and quite formal but use your experiences to date. Questions centered around working under pressure/motivation/teamwork so have examples to hand...hope this helps!

Thanks rizzee! How the day went...well...myself and bout 6-7 lads arrived for 9am. We then moved to waiting area and organised in order for interview. A sheet will be given to state name, age, hobbies, achievements and work you had in last 3 years with respondsibities held. I was last to interview of the lads. Firstly an informal chat is held with a superior to explain what the panel want during interview and then to wait outside til called. The interview itself was a panel of 3 and quite formal but use your experiences to date. Questions centered around working under pressure/motivation/teamwork so have examples to hand...hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply!! :)

That's great, i'll have a lot of that prepared i'm doing a few notes etc. as we speak. Do you have to wait to hear from them now or do they tell you how you did on the spot? Hope it all went well for you!

Thanks for the reply!! :)

That's great, i'll have a lot of that prepared i'm doing a few notes etc. as we speak. Do you have to wait to hear from them now or do they tell you how you did on the spot? Hope it all went well for you!

They ask the questions and you answer them best you can but don't waffle as time is precious. Apparently it'll take a few wks to hear whether successful or not either way. If all good date to be set for medical.

Thanks rizzee! How the day went...well...myself and bout 6-7 lads arrived for 9am...

Only 6-7 turned up??

Garzard wrote: »
    Only 6-7 turned up??

That was prob the amount approx scheduled for that time. Prehaps had more later in the day as they will for the rest of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Was in there doing support staff for the interview boards, bringing the applicants from gate to office and back again. There were 8 no-shows out of the 20 due to be interviewed today. For infantry there are two interview boards with a half an hour time slot per person. There were lads showing up very early, as in 0900 for 1230 and then CIS were doing their interviews as well elsewhere in CBB and we ended up with three of them before they got pointed in the right direction. One bloke showed up today instead of his time tomorrow and another showed up late after going to McKee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

The amount of people who failed to turn up and those who did then failed the fitness is huge, I would be surprised if they turn anyone away at the interview stage.

Good luck to all those who got this far, anyone going for the NSR if you have any questions then ask.

I'm going for NSR , where was your fitness test ?

If you pass the interview is that guarenteed entry to the RDF?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

If you pass the interview is that guarenteed entry to the RDF?

If you pass your medical yeh

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

I'm going for NSR , where was your fitness test ?

I am already in the NSR.Good luck with the test.

What's involved in the medical bar the eye test?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

How strict will they be on the interviews? How do they decide if someone is eligible for the next stage or not? Would more people pass or fail this stage?

Garzard wrote: »
    What's involved in the medical bar the eye test?

The hearing test is a big element of the overall medical.

Fail the hearing fail the med.
    There were 259 applied for the Rdf few of those who bothered to turn up and nearly all failed the fitness test.
    The military top brass have conceded that the campaign has failed at this stage.
    Talks about going back to local recruiting again.
    If you pass the Med the interview will be no problem.

passed the fitness today :)

• Advertisement

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JB400

259? I was expecting a lot more...so granted you pass the medical you're in?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Doctor14

Fail the hearing fail the med.
    There were 259 applied for the Rdf few of those who bothered to turn up and nearly all failed the fitness test.
    The military top brass have conceded that the campaign has failed at this stage.
    Talks about going back to local recruiting again.

I see the usual wasters with agendas are trying to get the rumour mill going again. Who fed you that line? That is what a lot of the RDF time wasters in the RDF want - local recruiting so they can justify their week long drinking binges.

It is a new RDF - figures you quoted are way out (259 may have applied for NSR alone) - no one has conceded on anything, or is there anything to concede. If you red the latest from D J7 dated 17 April, you would know what is going on.

From DCOS, there was a RDFRA meeting and that is where the figures come from.One area alone no one passed the fitness test.
    I have no agenda and need recruits as soon as I can get them but the facts are what I have told you, I was surprised as well.

259 applied to both the AR and NSR.

Frantically going around the website trying to memorize information ahhhhh... Interview in the morning! Hope all goes well.

Frantically going around the website trying to memorize information ahhhhh... Interview in the morning! Hope all goes well.

Best of luck

Anybody pass the fitness test for the NSR ?

yes

yes
    Have you had your interview ?

• Advertisement

How'd did the interview go? Did all the prep pay off?

Advertisement