Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starve your cat and burn rats alive

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Sadly the starve a cat so it'll hunt better nonsense is something I've frequently come across in rodent killing advice. That nonsense is bad enough, but advising anyone to burn another living creature alive is just evil imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Not even going to respond to the burning part, but starving cats does not work for hunting. I know the theory is that they are hungry so they will be more likely to hunt but usually if they are starved they won't have the energy to hunt and will go off and find an easier food source. In my experience a well fed cat is a much better hunter! Plus then they won't eat what they catch so you don't have quite as much worry about worms etc.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, please be aware that it is against the forum charter and boards-wide rules to link to threads from other forums for discussion.
    Thread closed.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement