Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Went to omni after work and was told two were due in soon and reserved one. Came home and just got the text saying it's ready for collection. Delighted tbh.

That was mine. Picking it up now. The girl said that it may be a newer model as they were running low on stick. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Interested in the 4200, pity to have missed what seemed a great deal. Anywhere selling it close to that price now or expected to in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭emo72

CeilingFly wrote: »
    you can change the coffee temperature - check the manual, takes about 10 seconds. Factory set at standard level 2 and you can go to level 4 (too hot imo) Level 3 is probably what you want

I'm set on hottest level 4. Still not remotely hot enough. What gives lads, what gives?

Interested in the 4200, pity to have missed what seemed a great deal. Anywhere selling it close to that price now or expected to in January?

not much difference tbh . get the 2800 for a bargain price.
    it's half the price of when the 4200 was selling for 199 sterling which increases a bit with higher irish vat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

emo72 wrote: »
    I'm set on hottest level 4. Still not remotely hot enough. What gives lads, what gives?

Have you heated cup up first.

• Advertisement

mad m wrote: »
    Have you heated cup up first.

Not really. Will have to try that. Can't believe it's so lukewarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Just picked up mine earlier from Liffey Valley. What a fantastic piece of kit. Very impressive for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Vwsham

Is this possibly faulty? Anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Have it ordered for collection between today & Monday. Went into shop to check this evening but no sign yet. Worrying a bit now that it wont come in at all, or that the price will have changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Mine is pretty damn hot on level 1 but I put hot milk and froth in mine so it would mask any coolness anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

On level 3 mine is very hot. I wonder are you adjusting it correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

None available in Limerick stores today but one showing in Cork Mahon store

On level 3 mine is very hot. I wonder are you adjusting it correctly.

I'm sure I am. I'm level 4 but I'll have a look again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Jaysus lads I have gone at it a few times and I can't get anything out of it at all!

When I turn it on, the two coffee lights and the steam flash together. If I press one of the coffee buttons, the two coffee lights flash intermittently. It starts making noise, the infuser moves up to compact the coffee, makes some more noise, the infuser returns, and the lights go out.
    I've tried coffee beans and ground coffee and still nothing. Any ideas please?

I'm sure I am. I'm level 4 but I'll have a look again later.

I’ve mine level 4 and I’m turning it down, nearly took the mouth off me today! I’ve decided I don’t like lavazza beans from dunnes. Awaiting an online order.

On a different note, anyone recommend a decaf bean (yes I know sacrilegious!)?

Jaysus lads I have gone at it a few times and I can't get anything out of it at all!

When I turn it on, the two coffee lights and the steam flash together. If I press one of the coffee buttons, the two coffee lights flash intermittently. It starts making noise, the infuser moves up to compact the coffee, makes some more noise, the infuser returns, and the lights go out.

Did it do the initial steam filter? Turn the knob the whole way right, sounds like it’s about to break but water comes through and then the machine works properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

The instructions have this for priming it for the first time
    Remove the water tank, ll to the MAX line with fresh water then replace in the appliance ( g. 1).
    2. Turn the cappuccino maker outwards and place a container with a minimum capacity of 100 ml underneath ( g. 2).
    3. Plug the appliance into the mains socket and place the main switch on the back of the ap- pliance in the I position ( g. 3).
    4. Press the button ( g. 4); IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS (WITHIN A MAXIMUM OF 30 SECONDS), turn the steam knob anticlockwi- se as far as it will go ( g. 5). This is priming the water system. (It is normal for the ma- chine to make some noise).
    5. Wait for delivery of hot water to stop auto- matically. The lights ash to indicate that you must close the steam tap by turning the ste- am knob to the 0 position.
    6. Turn the steam knob to the 0 position. The appliance goes off automatically.

I have a really expensive Schaerer Bean to Cup machine but in my last house the water was from a well and the limescale was utterly insane, like you would not believe how bad it was. Whatever you are imagining, it is 10 times worse. It destroyed the brew group in my Schaerer due to overpressure as it was clogged and its going to be over €400 just to replace the brew group and have it serviced by Marcos in Sandyford.

So I decided to buy this Delonghi ESAM2800 today from Argos, at €113 its a ludicrous bargain!

Make sure you set the temp accordingly, I put it up to 4 and its probably a fraction too hot for coffee. Saw many people reviewing complaining about the temp being too cold and having to microwave their cup. Clearly they didnt bother to read the manual because its very easy to set.

I recommend that if you use the steam function to heat milk, that you buy a cleaning kit for the nozzle as hot milk is super sticky and near impossible to clean without something the right size. This kit which I previously bought to clean my Zojirushi Travel mug (best thing ever by the way!!!) is the absolute perfect fit to clean the steam wand. I bought it from Home Store & More for €3.99.

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/baking-tools+utensils/tala-originals-nozzle-brushes/invt/063862

Here are a couple of photos and a half drunk cup of coffee! :D

26104723_10155962835903991_575058908_o.jpg

26142780_10155962835878991_1536944443_o.jpg

you'd also want to take off the second piece of the steam wand that you still have on the machine in the picture to clean it. it clips out if you pull it down. (just below the top - still has a plastic piece left after attached to metal pipe)
    to clarify the first outer piece comes off when you twist it left .

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭itsasecret

I had one reserved up in blanchardstown, when up to collect and was told that they never came in and that i could try to reserve it again at some
    later date 😢😢😢 am gutted was giving it to husband as suprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

Guys short notice but I have a reservation expiring at 7 today in blanch if anyone wants it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

No sign of my reservation text yet. If it's not there tomorrow I think I'll be forgetting about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

bluelamp wrote: »
    No sign of my reservation text yet. If it's not there tomorrow I think I'll be forgetting about it!

Same position as yourself. I expect Argos might just not get back to us? Doesn't look too promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Same position as yourself. I expect Argos might just not get back to us? Doesn't look too promising.

Me too. Was due in today, haven't got a text

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Vwsham

Me too. Was due in today, haven't got a text

Same as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Argos is open on monday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Picked mine up this morning. First attempt was a bust as I let too much moisture in the hot milk. Second go very nice, although I'll have to gauge the strength tomorrow as it was a little mild for me. I'll say a week if trial and error and I'll get it right. Very impressed with the machine all told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Picked mine up this morning. First attempt was a bust as I let too much moisture in the hot milk. Second go very nice, although I'll have to gauge the strength tomorrow as it was a little mild for me. I'll say a week if trial and error and I'll get it right. Very impressed with the machine all told

Ahem ————— > Link :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I see this come up a few times - both here and on amazon reviews.

I don't want to come across as arrogant, but if everyone read the fairly short instructions on initial set-up they would not have this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I see this come up a few times - both here and on amazon reviews.

I don't want to come across as arrogant, but if everyone read the fairly short instructions on initial set-up they would not have this problem

Honest to god I read the manual from the pictures at the start to the finish. However, I did the hard water test thing and then decided not to read the rest of the relevant section that stimpson kindly pointed out.
    In fairness to myself I had a few goes at it, and I was probably attracted to the 'Turning the appliance on' part.
    Thanks for the help, only for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

Yeah, not holding my breath. Can't see it arriving into stock on a Sunday, or new years day. Who knows, some branches are open Monday, some aren't.

Advertisement