Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Short notice but code available for limerick at the offer.collect by 6 if any good to anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

I bought the 2800 on 26/12/2017. i have used it about a dozen times. I have registered it. i prefer my americanos. If anybody want to buy it at €113 cash its available. Else I will put it on adverts. I live in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭caviardreams

pjproby wrote: »
    I bought the 2800 on 26/12/2017. i have used it about a dozen times. I have registered it. i prefer my americanos. If anybody want to buy it at €113 cash its available. Else I will put it on adverts. I live in Clondalkin.

You know an americano is just an espresso topped up with hot water - you can make them with this machine. Coffee will only be as good as the quality of the beans you are using so try it out with some freshly roasted beans before you abandon it! You may regret it :)

i made a coffee for my daughter last week-water took about ten minutes to drip out-i assume the grinder needs adjusting but truly i would prefer a simple coffee. thanks for the reply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

Picked up mine today in Arklow. It had to be re-ordered at the new price but the very nice and efficient staff in Arklow were more than happy to honour the price I originally ordered it for. Many thanks to the person who posted it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

You're really just proving my point. I can't understand how yourself and the other negative posters are so ready and willing to assume the worst and then to take time out to be intentionally rude to people. As I've said before it'll turn into hkud here with this type of attitude. Complete opposite to the spirit of boards and particularly bargain Alerts where we all post to help each other find bargains.
    You have assumed I did or didn't do things incorrectly without ever asking and proceeded to be negative. It's a shame really that people on here have become so quick to jump and be unhelpful. Surely you have something better to be doing with yourself. Anyway I've had enough of this negativity. Thanks again for the bargain alert. And here's to a 2018 where people say nothing if they have nothing nice or helpful to say.

really
    glasso wrote: »
    turn the steam wand dial and let a few hundred mls of water out. then will be available to make coffee.

this was explained about 5 times now in this thread - if you read back you would see it. hence annoyance from posters tbh. you obviously you didn't make much of an effort searching for it.

now likely to get a response telling people to "jog on".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭caviardreams

i made a coffee for my daughter last week-water took about ten minutes to drip out-i assume the grinder needs adjusting but truly i would prefer a simple coffee. thanks for the reply though.

Yes you will need to adjust the setting in terms of grind, beans quantity and water etc. it should take about 20 seconds to extract from start to finish per shot and end up approx 30mls. That's probably why it is not tasting great. But once you get it right, it is simply pressing a button each time for your coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

You really are not going to get much simpler than the pressing of two buttons in the morning. One press to turn it on from stand-bye and then the button to make the coffee. It will grind the coffee, tamp it and extract delicious coffee from the grounds at a good pressure. Doesnt get any simpler than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Delighted with my new machine. Took a while to get the settings the way I wanted it, but lovely coffee now and much nicer and cleaner than my nespresso machine. Was impressed with Argos in The Crescent Limerick, for honouring the price and all the staff seemed to be aware of the missing pallet when I went in there so big kudos to them. Nice bunch of people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

This might be obvious to everyone else but just a heads up to anyone who might have been making the same mistake I was.

My routine every morning is
    ✓fill my water tank
    ✓ system flushes through
    ✓ preheat my mug
    ✓ press the double shot button
    ✓ press the double shot button again
    ✓ place my coffee on the warming plate
    ✓ press the steam button
    ✓ place my jug of milk under the steam wand & froth
    ✓ clean steam wand & express steam into boiling water
    ( This is where I was making the mistake, after this I was just turning off my machine & I noticed the cleaning flush wasn't happening, the machine doesn't remember you're after making espresso before frothing your milk, while this isn't a major issue you can imagine a few hundred coffees down the road without being properly flushed would impact on the condition of your machines internals & the taste of your coffee)
    ✓ So now I press the steam button again which brings back on the flashing coffee lights & when they stop flashing I turn my machine off & it flushes the system through before going off.

Hope this helps out other people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭travist

At the time on purchase of machine I was offered some sort of extended warranty but usually do not take these. It was about 36 Euro I think. Did people buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Any one know if these are going any cheaper elsewhere other than Argos' 220 current price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Any one know if these are going any cheaper elsewhere other than Argos' 220 current price?

There was one chancer selling one on adverts for €175 but not sure if he still is - there were some funny comments posted on his ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Vwsham

tototoe wrote: »
    Delighted with my new machine. Took a while to get the settings the way I wanted it, but lovely coffee now and much nicer and cleaner than my nespresso machine. Was impressed with Argos in The Crescent Limerick, for honouring the price and all the staff seemed to be aware of the missing pallet when I went in there so big kudos to them. Nice bunch of people

Unfortunately the kudos doesn’t seem to stretch to the North West. I just spoke to the female front of house manager in Argos Sligo and she told me they will NOT honor their price.
    I mentioned that many other stores were, as it was their error being unable to provide for reservations.
    Very disappointed in their customer service. Not as much as a half hearted apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

Did you try contacting the poster of this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Oh you little dancer. Got it in post today !! Free when you registered machine. Mine is the 4200s

2a5m23t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Did you use a normal Irish address and what postcode?
    mad m wrote: »
    Oh you little dancer. Got it in post today !! Free when you registered machine. Mine is the 4200s

2a5m23t.jpg

what date did you register it do you mind saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

@flangemeistro - Why not do the milk first? That's what I've always done with my Saeco

Re machine for sale in Clondalkin.

that machine is now sold-thanks for all the interest.

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    what date did you register it do you mind saying?

End of November glasso

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Did you use a normal Irish address and what postcode?

Yes. Registered my Irish address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Did it come by standard post or courier?

stimpson wrote: »
    Did it come by standard post or courier?

An post, signature required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

the_pod wrote: »
    @flangemeistro - Why not do the milk first? That's what I've always done with my Saeco
    Ya I also do the milk first with my Krups and Panasonic B2C but this one takes an age to cool down after frothing milk before it will let you select espresso.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭supue

Ya I also do the milk first with my Krups and Panasonic B2C but this one takes an age to cool down after frothing milk before it will let you select espresso.

There’s an easy fix to that. When you switch back to espresso the lights stay flashing for the coffee until it cools down. To speed this up, open the steam wand - the last remains of steam will come out, then hot water flows for a few seconds, then close the steam wand. The coffee should be good to go - if not, repeat for a few seconds more. You’ll get to know how long you need to do this for after a few attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

mad m wrote: »

2a5m23t.jpg

Mine got delivered today, also have the 4200 so was mid December when I registered. I only just got my Ponaire order yesterday so plenty of coffee to get through!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭travist

travist wrote: »
    At the time on purchase of machine I was offered some sort of extended warranty but usually do not take these. It was about 36 Euro I think. Did people buy it?

I have not taken it out of box yet, so was wondering should I still try get the extended warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭jayjbe

travist wrote: »
    I have not taken it out of box yet, so was wondering should I still try get the extended warranty?

I think you can go for product insurance within a certain period of purchase. Even if opened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

You can buy a plan at the point of purchase or within 45 days of buying them. If your item is replaced under the plan, the plan will end.
    The only bad thing is that you can use it only once.

Advertisement