Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

givecredit wrote: »
    There is a small square shaped clear plastic that slides into section of water container. Make sure this has not come loose. Check your packaging for piece size of small dice.

I checked the packaging and haven't noticed it.

Tried everything again from scratch, the machine turns on and does the wash, the 2 buttons at the top stop flashing but the water tank light remains flashing.
    The manual says when that light is flashing "the grinding is too fine and the coffee is delivered too slowly"

I'm using these beans http://www.discountcoffee.ie/lavazza-qualita-rossa-coffee-beans-1kg?gclid=CjwKCAiA7ovTBRAQEiwAo8dPcWwcCbV_urXEYnv8OMm5MBiDV_Nfien-E5-xEkmdmZtqk5oCvuSYHhoCiz0QAvD_BwE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Esse85 wrote: »
    I checked the packaging and haven't noticed it.

Tried everything again from scratch, the machine turns on and does the wash, the 2 buttons at the top stop flashing but the water tank light remains flashing.
    The manual says when that light is flashing "the grinding is too fine and the coffee is delivered too slowly"

I'm using these beans http://www.discountcoffee.ie/lavazza-qualita-rossa-coffee-beans-1kg?gclid=CjwKCAiA7ovTBRAQEiwAo8dPcWwcCbV_urXEYnv8OMm5MBiDV_Nfien-E5-xEkmdmZtqk5oCvuSYHhoCiz0QAvD_BwE

The black magnet is present in the water tank and little plastic cover keeping it in position. ? I use same beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

givecredit wrote: »
    The black magnet is present in the water tank and little plastic cover keeping it in position. ? I use same beans.

I've requested a refund from Amazon, I was waiting about a month for delivery initially, I've only opened it today to set it up and that YouTube link I've posted explains the problem I'm having, I'm not gonna get a screwdriver and mess around with it myself, disappointing.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

I have the 2200 version and trying to change the auto off. It says to hold the eco button until all 5 lights come on, this isn’t working for me, anyone managed to charge this setting?

anybody get the free coffee through a machine registered on the Argos machine deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

glasso wrote: »
    anybody get the free coffee through a machine registered on the Argos machine deal?

Some posters did a few pages back.

I registered 3 weeks ago, Still waiting for something myself.

i bought the one from amazon as a gift and got the coffee delivered a couple of weeks ago. (registered dec 23rd or so)
    then I bought the argos model for myself and registered dec 30th I think - no sign of the coffee yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Registered for the Argos one and nothing. However I’ve saved a fortune this month thanks for the bargain alert. I picked up a coffee most days and sure when you are in for a coffee you inevitably pick up something else. I’d be confident I’ve already gained the cost back on the machine!

yeah maybe there will be no free coffee with the argos one as it's pretty much the cheapest model and was a crazy low price.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Some posters did a few pages back.

I registered 3 weeks ago, Still waiting for something myself.

I'm still waiting too. :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Vwsham

xabi wrote: »
    I have the 2200 version and trying to change the auto off. It says to hold the eco button until all 5 lights come on, this isn’t working for me, anyone managed to charge this setting?

If you try it when it’s switched on at the back of the machine but off at the front (no lights on) it should work. This caught me out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Got mine free coffe today after over month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

devil-80 wrote: »

Did it come in the post?

argos deal purchase? what date did you register it?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

What milk are people using for the streamer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

You can use any milk. I use low fat as I'm used to it now. It takes a few goes to get it right. Don't make them too big. Shot and 100 mls or so of milk. It nearly doubles in size when you use the steamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

mcbobbyb wrote: »
    You can use any milk. I use low fat as I'm used to it now. It takes a few goes to get it right. Don't make them too big. Shot and 100 mls or so of milk. It nearly doubles in size when you use the steamer

download.jpg?w=750

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    What milk are people using for the streamer ?

Think I remember reading that skimmed milk is better for frothing.

normal full fat milk works fine for me. most important thing is to get a nice little stainless steel frothing jug.
    300ml is probably the best size as it allows you to make enough for a couple of coffees at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

That looks a great deal to get for just registering! Along with the purchase price.

• Advertisement

That looks a great deal to get for just registering! Along with the purchase price.

he had a 4200 from amazon, not the 2800 from argos.
    haven't heard of anyone confirming yet that they got the free coffee resulting from the argos deal....
    I got the coffee from the amazon one that I got as a gift for someone else but nothing so far from the argos one that I bought for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I was on to Delonghi there as I am moving home next week. This is the response:
    I've just spoken with my colleague in the Coffee Club. She has informed me there was a large shipment of these sent to Ireland on Monday. She has provided SeaBridge who is the courier in Ireland with contact numbers so you should receive a text or call from them, if not this week, then next week

Did it come in the post?

Yes it was delivered by Anpost.

argos deal purchase? what date did you register it?

Bought from Amazon Warehouse about 20 December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Model 4200,amazon warehouse deal before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭travist

normal full fat milk works fine for me. most important thing is to get a nice little stainless steel frothing jug.
    300ml is probably the best size as it allows you to make enough for a couple of coffees at a time.
    reading manual/ have yet to use and it says skimmed or partially skimmed for a richer denser froth.
    For a cappuccino it can’t make two in sequence? How to make two. It says machine needs 10 mins to cool down before making a second coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

travist wrote: »
    reading manual/ have yet to use and it says skimmed or partially skimmed for a richer denser froth.
    For a cappuccino it can’t make two in sequence? How to make two. It says machine needs 10 mins to cool down before making a second coffee?

Just make the two espresso first or turn off the steam button and let hot water run through the steam wand for a few seconds and it will be good to go again.

stimpson wrote: »
    I was on to Delonghi there as I am moving home next week. This is the response:

I've just spoken with my colleague in the Coffee Club. She has informed me there was a large shipment of these sent to Ireland on Monday. She has provided SeaBridge who is the courier in Ireland with contact numbers so you should receive a text or call from them, if not this week, then next week

still no sign of any coffee. this response sounds bs tbh - people who got the coffee had it delivered by An Post, not a courier.

did anyone get anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭racersedge

Ours arrived yesterday by post. Would have registered after Christmas as the machine was a wife’s present.

• Advertisement

racersedge wrote: »
    Ours arrived yesterday by post. Would have registered after Christmas as the machine was a wife’s present.

presume that it was the 4200 from Amazon then, not the Argos one?

Advertisement