Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

gizmo555 wrote: »
    How did you contact them? And did you buy from Argos in Ireland?

Yes I purchased the 2800 from Argos for €113.
    I contacted them through the contact us part of the website. Scroll down near the bottom and fill in the form.

glasso wrote: »
    bought from Argos and registered Dec 28th or something like that.
    got the coffee + care kit today finally.
    got 3 of the same one - revelation. had tasted that one b4 as had bought the one from amazon as a gift and the coffee arrived for that one early jan - 3 different types.
    it's not that great.
    the Gajah Mountain one mentioned above was nice.
    still can't be complaining too much. good to get the care kit anyways.

they sent me a full care kit for some reason, with the coffee

http://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/products/coffee/coffee-makers/coffee-accessories-gifts/coffee-care-kit

the water filter not really any use for the 2800 as it doesn't take one.

CoffeCareKit_004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭tart29016

hi guys,

I've been looking for a DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM 4200 for my mum as a present. The best deal I can see is on Amazon £249.

Is this the best price available?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

tart29016 wrote: »
    hi guys,

I've been looking for a DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM 4200 for my mum as a present. The best deal I can see is on Amazon £249.

Is this the best price available?

Thanks

See this is the problem with people constantly posting about how many weeks it took for their free coffee to arrive and asking how to setup the machine. When someone wants to find an actual deal they have to go back through pages of bs to see if there was any mention of an actual deal on the machine
    Edit:check out the amazon warehouse deals you can get it for about 175gbp there

Or go to amazon.de you can get the delonghi ecam 22110 sb for 270euro
    Or 196 from the warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭damemcd

camel camel will track it for you,thanks keyboard, machine price only please.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Finally got the space to open my 2800 this morning and start to use.. should i give it time and worth it in long run as seems a lot of effort for a cuppa coffee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Finally got the space to open my 2800 this morning and start to use.. should i give it time and worth it in long run as seems a lot of effort for a cuppa coffee!

Lol. A lot of effort? Come back to me when you've used a manual machine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I'll take it off your hands for €113 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭xabi

It couldn't be easier, 2 buttons pressed and in less time than a kettle take to boil, you have a very decent coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hey guys anyone having problems with the their brewing unit getting jammed EVERY FRICKING MORNING!!! And having to soak it in warm water to get it loosened again? Seriously frustrating as it takes me roughly 20 minutes before I can make a coffee in the morning.

Once this is done though I can turn it on again at 3pm, 8 hours later without issue but once I come back to work the next morning and turn it on it makes the same screeching/jammed sound and the red light comes on.

If the machine was at home I would have brought it back to Argos 3 weeks ago but I get a boat to work so it's a pain in the arse to box it back up again to bring it home to take it back.

Anyone else experience this and if so do you have any quick fix?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Hey guys anyone having problems with the their brewing unit getting jammed EVERY FRICKING MORNING!!! And having to soak it in warm water to get it loosened again? Seriously frustrating as it takes me roughly 20 minutes before I can make a coffee in the morning.

Once this is done though I can turn it on again at 3pm, 8 hours later without issue but once I come back to work the next morning and turn it on it makes the same screeching/jammed sound and the red light comes on.

If the machine was at home I would have brought it back to Argos 3 weeks ago but I get a boat to work so it's a pain in the arse to box it back up again to bring it home to take it back.

Cheers.

get onto delonghi for their guarantee? they might send you out a new part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Cheers.
    There's normally a warning not to use certain beans (caramelised? I can't recall), as they block the machine, are you using standard beans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Cheers.

Is the grinder set too fine? - I set it between 3 & 4. 5 and higher seesm to cause blockage.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Is the grinder set too fine? - I set it between 3 & 4. 5 and higher seesm to cause blockage.

the lower the number the finer the grind.
    e.g 1 = finest, 10 = coarsest

There's normally a warning not to use certain beans (caramelised? I can't recall), as they block the machine, are you using standard beans
    No I'm just using normal medium roast beans. I use the same ones in my Krups machine at home and never had an issue.

CeilingFly wrote: »

That was the first thing I suspected so I changed it to a coarser grind and it's still happening.

I contacted delonghi like suggested above and they gave me a number for a registered service centre in Dublin so must give them a buzz tomorrow.
    Would much prefer a more local service centre in Cork as I would like to be without it for as little time as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Lots of these available from Amazon Warehouse at the moment. Warehouse currently offering 20% off open box and used items. I just purchased a "used very good" one for £146 delivered tomorrow to Parcel Motel. Downside, as far as I know warehouse products do not carry the manufacturers warranty. They do come with Amazons 30 day warranty. Good price if you are prepared to take that into account.

Do these machines give much trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

pissed wrote: »
    Lots of these available from Amazon Warehouse at the moment. Warehouse currently offering 20% off open box and used items. I just purchased a "used very good" one for £146 delivered tomorrow to Parcel Motel. Downside, as far as I know warehouse products do not carry the manufacturers warranty. They do come with Amazons 30 day warranty. Good price if you are prepared to take that into account.

I’ve been using it daily since I got it last year, a warehouse deal also. Just read the manual carefully when setting up especially when first commissioning it for first time. Oh and register your machine for your free gifts. When filling online form just say you bought it before December 31st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭NATLOR

pissed wrote: »

Its not a 30 day warranty its a 30 day returns policy.

I bought a Philips bean to cup from the German warehouse a few years ago but knowing these machines can be temperamental I emailed them first asking about the warranty policy on warehouse products, got a reply saying 2 years

18 months later the machine packed up and I got an immediate refund

i would presume that policy stands across all the Amazon sites

BTW I replaced it with a Delonghi and its been faultless for over 2 years now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Having the same issue with it getting blocked and coffee dripping very slowly. Gone back to Nespresso. Tried loads of beans, different grind settings etc. Couldn't be bothered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

I've probably put through 500 shots since I got mine in December without any flaws. Descaled and cleaned a few times when prompted to but that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Have one for about 2 years now. It makes 6 cups a day. Descaled when prompted to and cleaned as required. but that's about it. Works perfectly.

Just bought one for the office yesterday at the 20% warehouse promotion for £146. A steal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Any links to one of these with the warehouse promotion?

Edit : I dunno why I didn’t look myself ha.
    Found em anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Whats the upkeep like on these machines? And is it much hassle to remove beans from the machine (eg, if you decided you wanted to try a different bean). I'm very tempted by this but I'm coming from a nespresso machine and I like the ability to jump around the different flavors and having feck all upkeep other than running descaler through it from time to time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,877 ✭✭✭✭banie01

JohnK wrote: »
    Whats the upkeep like on these machines? And is it much hassle to remove beans from the machine (eg, if you decided you wanted to try a different bean). I'm very tempted by this but I'm coming from a nespresso machine and I like the ability to jump around the different flavors and having feck all upkeep other than running descaler through it from time to time.

Removing beans is a pain, the hopper is integrated and not removable.
    That said the hopper is quite small so if you load it regularly its easier just to run through the contents rather than empty it.
    Upkeep is fairly simple.
    I descale about once a month.
    Clean the grouphead and piston head on the same cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

I've had this since December 16 and have not had to descale. Is this something I should do without warning light coming one. Averaging two cups a day. Coffee tastes better than ever and one of the best purchases I've made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

thomasm wrote: »
    I've had this since December 16 and have not had to descale. Is this something I should do without warning light coming one. Averaging two cups a day. Coffee tastes better than ever and one of the best purchases I've made.

I had min nearly a year before I had to descale. Surely depends on your water softness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Did you use the test strip to set your water hardness? I think it defaults to the hardest setting so it will prompt you when it needs descaling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

Don't worry, I've only descaled mine twice in 4 years and it's still banging out great coffee.

Advertisement