Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARD key information

Options
  • 21-03-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been shunted around between departments and providers for the last 2 weeks now and been given apparently wrong znd conflicting information at every turn so I need some definate answers here please.

I had a phone and broadband account with Digiweb that was cancelled about 6 weeks ago. 4 weeks ago I tried to get connected with Sky. They need an ARD key to test/connect the line which they said I could get by calling Eircom. Eircom told me they do not give these out over the phone and I don't need it anyway. Re-called Sky who this time say they will get the ARD key off eircom themselves. 5 days later I recalled Sky and they now say they can't get the ARD off Eircom, and I now need to go to the Eircom fourms and get it myself. Well I just took a look over at the Eircom Fourms and it appears that the last 2 people to request this key within the last 2 weeks have been told to contact sales (which is exactly what I did in the first place).

So how do I get my ARD key? 

Thanks,
    Conor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

redbeaard wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been shunted around between departments and providers for the last 2 weeks now and been given apparently wrong znd conflicting information at every turn so I need some definate answers here please.

I had a phone and broadband account with Digiweb that was cancelled about 6 weeks ago. 4 weeks ago I tried to get connected with Sky. They need an ARD key to test/connect the line which they said I could get by calling Eircom. Eircom told me they do not give these out over the phone and I don't need it anyway. Re-called Sky who this time say they will get the ARD key off eircom themselves. 5 days later I recalled Sky and they now say they can't get the ARD off Eircom, and I now need to go to the Eircom fourms and get it myself. Well I just took a look over at the Eircom Fourms and it appears that the last 2 people to request this key within the last 2 weeks have been told to contact sales (which is exactly what I did in the first place).

Thanks,
    Conor

Hi redbeaard

I can confirm eircom do not provide Ard Keys. The Ard key is no longer used by eircom for finding specific lines or addresses.

Should you need assistance in setting up an eircom account please contact the sales team on free phone 1800503303 where an agent will be able to locate your line and place and order.

I understand the inconvenience this can cause and I'm aware you wish to obtain an Ard key to connect with another provider however eircom will be unable to give you an Ard key and it is the other providers reasonability to provide you service should you wish to sign up with them.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭redbeaard

Hi,

Thanks,
    Conor

Hi redbeaard

I can confirm eircom do not provide Ard Keys. The Ard key is no longer used by eircom for finding specific lines or addresses.

Should you need assistance in setting up an eircom account please contact the sales team on free phone 1800503303 where an agent will be able to locate your line and place and order.

I understand the inconvenience this can cause and I'm aware you wish to obtain an Ard key to connect with another provider however eircom will be unable to give you an Ard key and it is the other providers reasonability to provide you service should you wish to sign up with them.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Unfortunately I doubt very much you understand the inconvenience this has and is causing us right now and I will spare you the long paragraph detailing our situation as this is not the place.

"it is the other providers reasonability to provide you service should you wish to sign up with them"
    Sky need the ARD key to connect my service. They are unable to proceed without it. Eircom have the ARD key and did a line test for me 2 weeks ago. If the ARD key is no longer used by eircom for finding specific lines or address then please provide me with details of your the system you now use, preferably with whatever identifying number is needed so that I can proceed. 

This really should not be this complicated. If Eircom can identify my line then any attempt to not share that line can only be seen as a blatant overuse of your monopoly of the physical network which there are laws against.

Thanks,
    Conor

Hi,

Thanks,
    Conor

Hi redbeaard

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Unfortunately I doubt very much you understand the inconvenience this has and is causing us right now and I will spare you the long paragraph detailing our situation as this is not the place.

"it is the other providers reasonability to provide you service should you wish to sign up with them"
    Sky need the ARD key to connect my service. They are unable to proceed without it. Eircom have the ARD key and did a line test for me 2 weeks ago. If the ARD key is no longer used by eircom for finding specific lines or address then please provide me with details of your the system you now use, preferably with whatever identifying number is needed so that I can proceed. 

This really should not be this complicated. If Eircom can identify my line then any attempt to not share that line can only be seen as a blatant overuse of your monopoly of the physical network which there are laws against.

Thanks,
    Conor

Hi Conor,

I'm aware this makes things difficult for you and Sky however as advised previously eircom will be unable to advise you on the Ard key.

Al

Hi Conor,

I'm aware this makes things difficult for you and Sky however as advised previously eircom will be unable to advise you on the Ard key.

Al
    Hi Al,

Then please advise then on how is it possible to proceed without the Ard key?

Is Eircom unable to provide the Ard key or just unwilling? 

Conor

Hi Conor,

Al
    Hi Al,

Conor
    Hi Conor,

I can confrim that eircom are unable to offer the Ard key.

I'm afraid we cannot offer advice on how to proceed with another service provider. This would their responsability.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Conor,

Al
    Hi Al,

Conor
    Hi Conor,

I'm afraid we cannot offer advice on how to proceed with another service provider. This would their responsability.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

So I've established that Eircom have my Ard key (or equivalent) for my address as they've done a line test.

Therefore you are unwilling, not unable, to give me the Ard key. 

I don't know what policy of Eircom's has changed since a few weeks ago when you were giving them out but I'd like to hear about it. 

Do I have to go to ComReg to establish exactly what are your responsibilities regarding your Universal Service Obligations and computation rules? Are you aware of these obligations?

Regards,
    Conor

Hi Conor,

Al
    Hi Al,

Conor
    Hi Conor,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

So I've established that Eircom have my Ard key (or equivalent) for my address as they've done a line test.

I don't know what policy of Eircom's has changed since a few weeks ago when you were giving them out but I'd like to hear about it.

Do I have to go to ComReg to establish exactly what are your responsibilities regarding your Universal Service Obligations and computation rules? Are you aware of these obligations?

Regards,
    Conor

Therefore

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi redbeaard

I can confirm that reasons for operational decisions that effect eircoms policies will not be available or provided. I have made things quite clear and should you wish to contact the regulator this is ultimately your decision to do so.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Hi Conor,

Al
    Hi Al,

Conor
    Hi Conor,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Regards,
    Conor

Therefore 

Hi redbeaard

I can confirm that reasons for operational decisions that effect eircoms policies will not be available. I have made things quite clear and should you wish to contact the regulator this is ultimately your decision to do so.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Well if you can't comment on Eircom's policies or give any logical or reasonable explanation for impeding my access to a telephone line through another provider then I can only assume, with much certainty, that this is an example of Eircom trying to strangle competition through their unfair monopoly of the physical network, with the many people in my situation bearing the frustration and financial cost in the process.

Ever heard of corporate social responsibility?

Conor

Hi Conor,

Al
    Hi Al,

Conor
    Hi Conor,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Regards,
    Conor

Therefore 

Hi redbeaard

I can confirm that reasons for operational decisions that effect eircoms policies will not be available. I have made things quite clear and should you wish to contact the regulator this is ultimately your decision to do so.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Well if you can't comment on Eircom's policies or give any logical or reasonable explanation for impeding my access to a telephone line through another provider then I can only assume, with much certainty, that this is an example of Eircom trying to strangle competition through their unfair monopoly of the physical network, with the many people in my situation bearing the frustration and financial cost in the process.

Ever heard of corporate social responsibility?

Conor

Hi Conor

I understand this is disappointing and should you wish to contact the regulator as you had previously advised you are free to do so.

I am not going to debate eircoms operational decisions nor equally debate or discus corporate social responsibility. I have made it clear I that I will not be able to provide you with the Ard key.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement