Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Arsenal, 12:45, BT Sport

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Very easy to say that without taking circumstances into account.

For the previous 3 seasons there was no silverware at all in Madrid!!!

The point is simply that if Mourinho were the best manager in the world, he'd have done better at Real irrespective of the Real Madrid circus.

Great manager, and certainly one of the best, but not the best IMO. I don't think that's doing him a disservice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Nothing, first title in 50 years, overtaking Arsenal's invincibles, creating a side that would form the bedrock of the side that would go on to lead the club to their most successful period in the club's history. Currently top of the league this season despite having a squad bereft of a top striker and with a centre back that the beloved Rafa Benitez seemed to think was finished. A fantastic record against the top sides this season and an upcoming Champions League quarter final. Nothing.

City's squad is far stronger with more depth. We have yet to see if Rodgers can keep Liverpool at the top season after season.

I love that we can ignore circumstances. We all know there were existential circumstances that hindered his run at Madrid but who cares? If he wins more leagues and a Champions League at Chelsea, who will care?
    So Torres at £50M and the most successful African player of all time don't count as top strikers? Give it a break with the "poor Maureen" act. He has top strikers, he just doesn't play to their strengths.

Also we have to see can Rodgers keep Liverpool at the top season after season, but we have to see the same about Maureen as he hasn't stayed anywhere long enough. The closest he came was with Chelsea and he was sacked after they dropped off the pace. He has as much to prove as Rodgers has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

We've had top class managers. I'd say that not since Mourinho left have I seen a Chelsea side play with such conviction and belief in a system. A Chelsea side playing with real togetherness all with the same aim, like cogs in a machine. The closest we've come since Mourinho left was under Hiddink.

Surely Ancelotti's Double winning side would also tick that box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

If I were an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't be looking at either one-off decisions (which happened when they were about to go 3-0 down after 17 minutes), or the track record of opposition managers.

I'd be looking at the Arsenal team, the Arsenal board and the Arsenal manager. Nowhere else.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    If I were an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't be looking at either one-off decisions (which happened when they were about to go 3-0 down after 17 minutes), or the track record of opposition managers.

I'd be looking at the Arsenal team, the Arsenal board and the Arsenal manager. Nowhere else.

Or...

The players that we're missing.

I'd love to play against Chelsea with our full strength team with them missing Oscar, Hazard and Schurrle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Or...

The players that we're missing.

I'd love to play against Chelsea with our full strength team with them missing Oscar, Hazard and Schurrle...

No biggie, throw in Ramires, Willian and Salah.
    Job's a good un.

Panthro wrote: »
    No biggie, throw in Ramires, Willian and Salah.
    Job's a good un.

Because those three are your first choice mids...

Shyeah.

edit/
    I get what ya mean. Our first team against yours with those 3 replacements.

Wouldn't be 6-0!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Because those three are your first choice mids...

Shyeah.

edit/
    I get what ya mean. Our first team against yours with those 3 replacements.

Wouldn't be 6-0!

Well yeah actually, Ramires and Willian have been first choice all season.

You mustnt watch alot of football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

But that's the thing. Arsenal's passing game has low margin for error against a side like Chelsea optimally designed to punish why would you play such a high risk game? It's bizarre. Fair enough try it but when it's obvious it's not going to work park the f**king bus for a while at least and try play Chelsea's own game* against them before your team falls into complete disarray. Even with all those players missing Arsenal didn't have to lose 6-0.

*Just in case it's not clear Chelsea rarely park the bus. Same goes for Mourinho but he is pragmatic when he needs to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

saw this on twitter thought it was funny

Andre Marriner: "Gibbs, you're off!"
    Chamberlain: "But ref, it was me!"
    Andre Marriner: "Shut up Walcott or I'll send you off as well."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

A question re Arsenal.....when is the last time they won a 'must win' game v a big club/ team?
    Not a handy win against Cardiff or Villa or the likes but a win v the likes of city or Chelsea or barca or the likes in a big important game. Seems like a long time ago to me but I could be wrong. The term Flat Track Bully comes to mind or maybe I'm being unfair

A question re Arsenal.....when is the last time they won a 'must win' game v a big club/ team?
    Not a handy win against Cardiff or Villa or the likes but a win v the likes of city or Chelsea or barca or the likes in a big important game. Seems like a long time ago to me but I could be wrong. The term Flat Track Bully comes to mind or maybe I'm being unfair

Liverpool in the cup? 16th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Mourinho, "obviously we are not favorites for the title" ... why do people entertain this clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Mourinho, "obviously we are not favorites for the title" ... why do people entertain this clown.

Because if Man City win they are 3 points clear of us, because they have a vastly superior goal difference, because they have a squad, the vast majority of whom have already won this league. Maybe those are just a few reasons why this "clown" should be entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

We beat Bayern 2-0 in Munich last March. Plus the Liverpool game which has alrady been mentioned,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Because if Man City win they are 3 points clear of us, because they have a vastly superior goal difference, because they have a squad, the vast majority of whom have already won this league. Maybe those are just a few reasons why this "clown" should be entertained.

His little horse comment a few weeks back was embarassing, you would swear they were a small squad punching above there weight. Laughable!

He is asked "can they win it?" ... so why not just give up now eh? Its not even a mind game anymore, its a joke tbh. Its amazing the sheep follow this bull, Chelsea do not have a squad? Have not spent millions? Are not at the very top of the transfer tree? Do not have any league winners in their squad? And of course, have the best manager??? LOL

Please. He is a clown. Made a huge mistake in attacking his strikers and people are even saying it was on purpose now that Eto is scoring freely. Laughable. He got caught out and that is rare for him.

Chelsea are a serious team, built on serious millions. Make no doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

He is asked "can they win it?" ... so why not just give up now eh? Its not even a mind game anymore, its a joke tbh. Its amazing the sheep follow this bull, Chelsea do not have a squad? Have not spent millions? Are not at the very top of the transfer tree? Do not have any league winners in their squad? And of course, have the best manager??? LOL

Please. He is a clown. Made a huge mistake in attacking his strikers and people are even saying it was on purpose now that Eto is scoring freely. Laughable. He got caught out and that is rare for him.

Chelsea are a serious team, built on serious millions. Make no doubt about it.

The man is a parasite to football.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Again, doing better thean most former Chelsea managers doesn't necessarily equate to being the best manager in the world

I never he said he failed at Chelsea, he did well there. But he did no better than you would expect any of the others who could be described as the finest manager in the world could have.

An inability to bring through players shows a reliance on the cheque book and isn't sustainable in most cases. The great managers in history have all brought through players, yet Mourinho's echoed in this regard is abysmal. There maybe some young players in the Chelsea side, but these are players that were playing European football long before Mourinho rocked up.

As for the style of play, well it's down to personal preference. However, with a budget the size of his there's something wrong when the description of Chelsea; organised, hard to beat, physical, defensive, could easily be confused with that of Stoke during the Pulis reign.

Obviously we're not going agree on this, while I concede Mourinho is an excellent manager, without a prolonged period of success at a club not spending far an above what their rivals are, and without bringing through young players, he'll always be in the shadow of the likes of Ferguson, Guadiola, Wenger

Well a lot of these managers who have been at Chelsea would be hailed as either some of the best managers in the world or supposedly the next big things in management.

I can only assume that you are very reluctant to give Mourinho any praise. Ask any Chelsea fan how he did, they will say more than "well." The most successful manager in the club's history, who form a bedrock of a team that would go on to last all the way up until Chelsea won the Champions League in 2012.

Luckily for Mourinho it is sustainable. He can go to almost any club, he will always have a budget to work with. However you look at a player like Azpilicueta,who only cost 7 million, last season he was a good, if somewhat mistake prone right back with a tendency to make rash challenges, this season he is a supremely controlled, world class left back. 7 million isn't very expensive, Mourinho has turned him into a world beater. That's just one example, the man makes world beaters, ask Diego Milito, ask Benni McCarthy, ask Wesley Sneijder, ask Samuel Eto'o, ask Lucio, ask Frank Lampard, ask Drogba, ask Terry, the list could go on for ages. He may not have the greatest record in promoting youth players but the man has a fantastic track record in improving the players he works with, he makes champions.

Eden Hazard is having his most productive season in terms of goals, ask him how the Pulis football is working out, same goes for Oscar. Yes, his success is built on staying solid at the back and on hard work but going forward, particularly on the break, his sides are exhilarating to watch.

If the shadow of Wenger, Ferguson and Guardiola means winning 2 Champions Leagues, 2 Serie A's, 2 Premier League's and a La Liga title then I think that's a shade I'd like to be in. By the way, could including Wenger in that list be more badly timed or placed? In a match thread for a game in which Mourinho's Chelsea have decimated Wenger's Arsenal 6-0 and all but ruled them out of the title race.
    Surely Ancelotti's Double winning side would also tick that box?

Very good side but not a dynasty side given their age. You could also argue that their competition that season was a bit weak, and they were badly shown up against Mourinho's Inter in the Champions League that season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Breaking News: Kieran Gibbs found guilty in the Oscar Pistorious trial.

Well a lot of these managers who have been at Chelsea would be hailed as either some of the best managers in the world or supposedly the next big things in management.

I can only assume that you are very reluctant to give Mourinho any praise. Ask any Chelsea fan how he did, they will say more than "well." The most successful manager in the club's history, who form a bedrock of a team that would go on to last all the way up until Chelsea won the Champions League in 2012.

Luckily for Mourinho it is sustainable. He can go to almost any club, he will always have a budget to work with. However you look at a player like Azpilicueta,who only cost 7 million, last season he was a good, if somewhat mistake prone right back with a tendency to make rash challenges, this season he is a supremely controlled, world class left back. 7 million isn't very expensive, Mourinho has turned him into a world beater. That's just one example, the man makes world beaters, ask Diego Milito, ask Benni McCarthy, ask Wesley Sneijder, ask Samuel Eto'o, ask Lucio, ask Frank Lampard, ask Drogba, ask Terry, the list could go on for ages. He may not have the greatest record in promoting youth players but the man has a fantastic track record in improving the players he works with, he makes champions.

Eden Hazard is having his most productive season in terms of goals, ask him how the Pulis football is working out, same goes for Oscar. Yes, his success is built on staying solid at the back and on hard work but going forward, particularly on the break, his sides are exhilarating to watch.

If the shadow of Wenger, Ferguson and Guardiola means winning 2 Champions Leagues, 2 Serie A's, 2 Premier League's and a La Liga title then I think that's a shade I'd like to be in. By the way, could including Wenger in that list be more badly timed or placed? In a match thread for a game in which Mourinho's Chelsea have decimated Wenger's Arsenal 6-0 and all but ruled them out of the title race.

Very good side but not a dynasty side given their age. You could also argue that their competition that season was a bit weak, and they were badly shown up against Mourinho's Inter in the Champions League that season.

Lets not forget that Mourinho failed miserably to win a champions league with Chelsea the first time around. Giving him credit for another manager winning the champions league doesn't change the fact that he never got close to it.

Your definition of a world class player is somewhat skewed. Azpilicueta is a good full back, not a world class one, but a good one. Most likely replaced next year with Shaw will also prove the worth of that statement. Do you look to replace a World class defender with another? not alot. I'll give you Lampard/Terry/Drogba .... but Benni Mccarthy only played 20 odd games for Porto and Lucio and Sneider were already class but he did have a great method of getting an extra 10% from some players, like Milito and Eto being prime examples.

I still think that Spain and the pressure of being beaten to submission by Pep has somewhat broken Mourinho from the original funny, in your face character that we all used to like, now he comes across as needy for the media and petty towards other managers and even players as demonstrated with his comment about Wenger and his strikeforce.

A great man to spend money though. Will be interesting to see how he does v City 5 years from now since they are the only team to be able to outspend them.

Mourinho has yet to prove that his methods are sustainable,ma's he's never stayed at a club long enough. Similarly, his level of spending as FFP becomes more of an issue, Chelsea's ability to remain ahead of the curve will diminish

Maybe I am reluctant to give Mourinho credit to an extent. He's certainly not a likeable person, though I have stated on numerous occasions that he is a great manager. While picking Wenger ahead of him may seem badly timed, his inclusion is more down to how he transformed Arsenal, and how his methods changed the English game to an extent.

Football despite all the money, is still a game and if we're going to talk about the best, it should be a joy to watch. Irrespective of who you support, anyone would admit United in their prime were great to watch, Barcelona and the Arsenal invincibles similar. Mourinho, despite regularly having the biggest budget in football, has yet to produce anything close

Mourinho has yet to prove that his methods are sustainable,ma's he's never stayed at a club long enough. Similarly, his level of spending as FFP becomes more of an issue, Chelsea's ability to remain ahead of the curve will diminish

Maybe I am reluctant to give Mourinho credit to an extent. He's certainly not a likeable person, though I have stated on numerous occasions that he is a great manager. While picking Wenger ahead of him may seem badly timed, his inclusion is more down to how he transformed Arsenal, and how his methods changed the English game to an extent.

Football despite all the money, is still a game and if we're going to talk about the best, it should be a joy to watch. Irrespective of who you support, anyone would admit United in their prime were great to watch, Barcelona and the Arsenal invincibles similar. Mourinho, despite regularly having the biggest budget in football, has yet to produce anything close

Well he's been doing it for over 10 years now so I'd say that's quite sustainable. Isn't part of his genius that he has proven that he can go to Portugal, Spain, Italy and England and win the leagues of those respective countries? He has proven that he can do it in each of the top leagues. This stint at Chelsea is likely to be his longest at a club, so sit back, relax and enjoy him prove you wrong on that score too.

Mourinho transformed Chelsea, he transformed Porto and Inter and he's amassed 2 Champions Leagues along the way. There is no possible way to justify Wenger over Mourinho, their record in head to head games practically says it all.

Unfortunately your third paragraph is basically about personal preference. All I have learned from it is that you like possession based teams. Maybe some of us find beauty in a perfectly sculpted defensive performance that expertly exploits weaknessess on the counter attack. His Inter team were a joy to watch at times. As was his Chelsea side and Madrid side.

Lets not forget that Mourinho failed miserably to win a champions league with Chelsea the first time around. Giving him credit for another manager winning the champions league doesn't change the fact that he never got close to it.

Your definition of a world class player is somewhat skewed. Azpilicueta is a good full back, not a world class one, but a good one. Most likely replaced next year with Shaw will also prove the worth of that statement. Do you look to replace a World class defender with another? not alot. I'll give you Lampard/Terry/Drogba .... but Benni Mccarthy only played 20 odd games for Porto and Lucio and Sneider were already class but he did have a great method of getting an extra 10% from some players, like Milito and Eto being prime examples.

I still think that Spain and the pressure of being beaten to submission by Pep has somewhat broken Mourinho from the original funny, in your face character that we all used to like, now he comes across as needy for the media and petty towards other managers and even players as demonstrated with his comment about Wenger and his strikeforce.

A great man to spend money though. Will be interesting to see how he does v City 5 years from now since they are the only team to be able to outspend them.

"Failed miserably" would be quite the exaggeration. Also "never got close to it" is another exaggeration.

Who is replacing Azpilicueta? Somebody should probably tell the world class Spanish full back this because I imagine it would be news to him. Class yes, but world beaters? Probably not. Lets not forget that Sneijder was cast aside by Madrid while I'm pretty sure Lucio arrived at Inter on a free transfer.

Again, if this is broken Mourinho then I'd love to know what brand of plaster they have used to repair him because he has been fantastic this season.

And finally the last, desperate resort of those who would wish to devalue the accomplishments of Jose Mourinho. I do wonder, if priced the Porto and Inter sides, I suspect they may be among the cheapest teams to win the Champions League this century. But hey, we all need a narrative right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

In fairness, I could have built that team that way.

Start with a solid base and keep buying players. 1 in every three winds up being an Essien or a Makelele.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    In fairness, I could have built that team that way.

Start with a solid base and keep buying players. 1 in every three winds up being an Essien or a Makelele.

Perfect, somebody should alert the attention of some super-agents to your talent.

You'd swear Mourinho had been playing career mode in FIFA or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How can someone who praises the sh*t that comes out of the toilets at Barcelona say it took Mourinho to turn Eto'o into a world beater?

Or do Eto'o's achievements there not count because he doesn't have Barcelona DNA, or wasn't born and raised in the ways of La Maisa?.....poor Samuel.

Perfect, somebody should alert the attention of some super-agents to your talent.

You'd swear Mourinho had been playing career mode in FIFA or something.

The budgets are tighter in FIFA, and plus you'd probably stay longer with the one club in FIFA so I'd imagine he'd actually be pretty poor at it, seeing as he can't build a team that will play for him in the long term.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    How can someone who praises the sh*t that comes out of the toilets at Barcelona say it took Mourinho to turn Eto'o into a world beater?

Or do Eto'o's achievements there not count because he doesn't have Barcelona DNA, or wasn't born and raised in the ways of La Maisa?.....poor Samuel.

Actually I am referring to how Mourinho took a striker who had been used as a makeweight in the deal for Ibrahimovic, played him on the wing and turned him into a vital and productive cog in an all conquering side.

Of course I have huge admiration for what Eto'o achieved at Barcelona but Mourinho took a player that was cast aside, that some thought was past his peak, and once again made him a European champion.

By the way, I am a big Eto'o fan, wonderful at Barcelona and Inter and now is proving decisive in the big games at Chelsea in the winter of his career, a Mourinho player through and through.

Actually I am referring to how Mourinho took a striker who had been used as a makeweight in the deal for Ibrahimovic, played him on the wing and turned him into a vital and productive cog in an all conquering side.

That's not what you said though. Your point as sensationalist rubbish to try and big up Mourinho.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    The budgets are tighter in FIFA, and plus you'd probably stay longer with the one club in FIFA so I'd imagine he'd actually be pretty poor at it, seeing as he can't build a team that will play for him in the long term.

A team that can't play for him in the long term? Ask Carvalho, Terry, Makelele, Lampard, Drogba, Cech, Materazzi, Ibrahimovic, Lucio, Samuel, Sneijder, Milito, Eto'o, Arbeloa what they think of Mourinho and if they'd still like to be managed by Mourinho. His players tend to adore him and he, in turn, protects his players and guarantees success. How many other managers can guarantee that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

one hour forty five minutes to kick off, who do you think will win?

Personally, I think Chelsea will win as Arsenal are terrible in the big games

Well he's been doing it for over 10 years now so I'd say that's quite sustainable. Isn't part of his genius that he has proven that he can go to Portugal, Spain, Italy and England and win the leagues of those respective countries? He has proven that he can do it in each of the top leagues. This stint at Chelsea is likely to be his longest at a club, so sit back, relax and enjoy him prove you wrong on that score too.

Mourinho transformed Chelsea, he transformed Porto and Inter and he's amassed 2 Champions Leagues along the way. There is no possible way to justify Wenger over Mourinho, their record in head to head games practically says it all.

Unfortunately your third paragraph is basically about personal preference. All I have learned from it is that you like possession based teams. Maybe some of us find beauty in a perfectly sculpted defensive performance that expertly exploits weaknessess on the counter attack. His Inter team were a joy to watch at times. As was his Chelsea side and Madrid side.

My point about his methods being sustainable referred to such at one club. Winning the league in various countries is a remarkable achievement, but it's hardly as if the clubs he managed to those were unfancied. Certainly, those achievements don't compare to the achievement of winning the CL with inter and Porto.

I brought up Wenger not because he's the best manager, but for his contribution to the game. Wenger could never do what Mourinho has, and vice versa. I'm not comparing them as managers.

Yea, the type of football anyone likes is entirely subjective. It's telling though when nobody, outside the fan base of a particular club appreciates it in the way they do others

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That's not what you said though. Your point as sensationalist rubbish to try and big up Mourinho.

I'm interesting like that because I like to give the reader, such as yourself, a bit of credit. When I write I automatically assume that you have an above average knowledge of football, something as simple as Eto'o playing for Barcelona, achieving and contributing a lot was something I take for granted that everybody on here already knows thus there is no need for me to point out the obvious. In this way the reader, such as yourself, is able to place my comments in a wider sphere of context, where it will all merge in a cacophony of crashing and smashing until a narrative that is factually correct emerges. I give the reader, such as yourself, a lot of credit.

A team that can't play for him in the long term? Ask Carvalho, Terry, Makelele, Lampard, Drogba, Cech, Materazzi, Ibrahimovic, Lucio, Samuel, Sneijder, Milito, Eto'o, Arbeloa what they think of Mourinho and if they'd still like to be managed by Mourinho. His players tend to adore him and he, in turn, protects his players and guarantees success. How many other managers can guarantee that?

I'm sure they'd all love to play for him. He pays the best wages after all. The truth is though that he doesn't stick around clubs long enough to see if his success will last. He goes in. Has short term success then leaves. He knows how to manage a team, but next to nothing about how to manage a club.

My point about his methods being sustainable referred to such at one club. Winning the league in various countries is a remarkable achievement, but it's hardly as if the clubs he managed to those were unfancied. Certainly, those achievements don't compare to the achievement of winning the CL with inter and Porto.

I brought up Wenger not because he's the best manager, but for his contribution to the game. Wenger could never do what Mourinho has, and vice versa. I'm not comparing them as managers.

Yea, the type of football anyone likes is entirely subjective. It's telling though when nobody, outside the fan base of a particular club appreciates it in the way they do others

He's taken a different career path. He was deadset on winning the big 3 leagues in Europe, to do that he couldn't remain at one club for 10 years. Sure they were all big clubs but he still has to go and beat the other big clubs in those respective leagues.

If you say so, though I do think it odd that you mentioned Wenger earlier in this discussion if you now aren't comparing the two.

Jealousy? An uncultured mind? A deep, dark mistrust of counter attacking football? I don't know why some don't appreciate Mourinho's brand of football and I have no plans to find out.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm sure they'd all love to play for him. He pays the best wages after all. The truth is though that he doesn't stick around clubs long enough to see if his success will last. He goes in. Has short term success then leaves. He knows how to manage a team, but next to nothing about how to manage a club.

Far be it for me to question you, you who knows all about club management apparently, but I think someone who has managed 10+ years at massive clubs and has won practically everything that there is to win might know something about managing a club. Especially when he seems to be so clearly in the Ferguson mind set of having total control of the management of a club, even if it has been a struggle at times to gain that.

one hour forty five minutes to kick off, who do you think will win?

Personally, I think Chelsea will win as Arsenal are terrible in the big games

Theo will get wrongfully sent off

Panthro wrote: »
    Theo will get wrongfully sent off

I though Theo was out injured?
    Plus they are missing Ozil and Ramsey, suppose the two suspensions for Chelsea will even that up

Still fancy Chelsea though

Plus they are missing Ozil and Ramsey, suppose the two suspensions for Chelsea will even that up

And that's why it will be hilarious. Ref will be sending off Cazorla adamant it's Theo he's sending off.
    I reckon Torres will bag a brace. He's a weapon.

• Advertisement

He's taken a different career path. He was deadset on winning the big 3 leagues in Europe, to do that he couldn't remain at one club for 10 years. Sure they were all big clubs but he still has to go and beat the other big clubs in those respective leagues.

If you say so, though I do think it odd that you mentioned Wenger earlier in this discussion if you now aren't comparing the two.

Jealousy? An uncultured mind? A deep, dark mistrust of counter attacking football? I don't know why some don't appreciate Mourinho's brand of football and I have no plans to find out.

I mentioned Wenger because his contribution has been unique. While not the best, he certainly deserves mention.

As for the final paragraph, you're missing the distinction I'm making. I appreciate how effective his style of football is, but I don't believe it compares to that of other great sides, or managers.

I don't see how you equate Mourinho's style to a cultured mind? Surely a technical mind would be more appreciative of Mourinho's style

I'm interesting like that because I like to give the reader, such as yourself, a bit of credit. When I write I automatically assume that you have an above average knowledge of football, something as simple as Eto'o playing for Barcelona, achieving and contributing a lot was something I take for granted that everybody on here already knows thus there is no need for me to point out the obvious. In this way the reader, such as yourself, is able to place my comments in a wider sphere of context, where it will all merge in a cacophony of crashing and smashing until a narrative that is factually correct emerges. I give the reader, such as yourself, a lot of credit.

You're interesting alright.....but that has been discussed many times before.

It's great that someone such as yourself likes to give people credit when they are reading their posts, but if someone such as yourself starts fabricating points from their imagination to suit their argument then someone such as yourself couldn't expect the reader to join the dots, and someone such as yourself should expect to be called up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

6-0 I reckon. Put your house on it!

Essien wrote: »
    6-0 I reckon. Put your house on it!

Don't be daft.
    Arsenal will park the bus.
    Be lucky to get a sniff on goal I reckon.

3 mins to kick off, any team news?

Ba starts.
    What an odd selection!

Eto to score first and a Chelsea win please.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Get f**king Etoo :D:D

1 nil Chelsea

2-0
    lertsnim wrote: »
    This is Anfield all over again. **** sake
    If we keep giving the ball away cheaply we will get a hiding.

2-0, that German lad has turned into a big signing for Chelsea

Johner wrote: »
    Can't believe he missed.
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    thats a peno :D
    Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, horror show from Arsenal today.
    Hahaha

2 nil, now a peno to make it 3, and chamberlain to get red FFS, Arsenal are pure sh1t not even 15 mins gone yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

bizarre.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement