Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Well we are only ordering our rings on Saturday (if it kills us!) and the wedding is in 5 week so that's how long it'll take :P Ah we aren't getting anything fancy so we've no bother in ours in fairness.

I'm going to go with a gradual tan, I was going to get a spray but then I remembered that I NEVER wear tan so told myself to cop on. I'm always that one in photos with my gang that is pale so may as well continue along that road :) I used the Garnier gradual tanner for my hen and it really was nice, just took the white shine off me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Tesco are doing 25% off 6 bottles of wine this weekend if anyone is looking for wine deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

wine shopping tis for the weekend..

Remember the code Rainbow Kirby "Freckles Swore when taking place they would never grow on a ugly face" or back or bit of arm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Awesome, our wedding isn't until august so we'll leave rings for a couple of months.

Whoever recommended shoesofprey.com - THANK YOU! I've designed my ideal wedding shoe there in exactly the colour I want. Hurrah!

Faith wrote: »
    Awesome, our wedding isn't until august so we'll leave rings for a couple of months.

Whoever recommended shoesofprey.com - THANK YOU! I've designed my ideal wedding shoe there in exactly the colour I want. Hurrah!

That was me, it's FABULOUS isn't it? The shoes I got are just lovely. I ordered matching flats yesterday, it's addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

ahayes84 wrote: »
    It depends on what you want. I had first thought i would go somewhere like h samuel for a wedding ring as i felt i got a fab engagement ring no need to buy a very expensive wedding ring. But i found they did very little in 18c white gold which my engagement ring is made of.

Also i had an unusual engagement ring band so it was really hard to find a ring that complimented it so i got mine made. It cost 1150 for my band with pave diamonds and my OH's palladium band. I had costed similar in Jewellery stores and it was working out more expensive to buy from them.

It took about 4 weeks to get our bands made but we specifically said we were in no rush.

Where did you get your ring made? We're having a similar problem finding a ring to compliment the engagement ring and so far haven't got on too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

We got our rings in Martin gear. my ring needed to made to fit my engagement ring. Got an 18 c white gold with ten diamonds. Other half got a lovey two tone ring. total was 1000. Both beautiful rings and Martin was an absolute gent to deal with. makes the rings himself. He's definitely worth a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

annoyedgal wrote: »
    We got our rings in Martin gear. my ring needed to made to fit my engagement ring. Got an 18 c white gold with ten diamonds. Other half got a lovey two tone ring. total was 1000. Both beautiful rings and Martin was an absolute gent to deal with. makes the rings himself. He's definitely worth a visit.

Thanks will check that out. We had gone to the place were the engagement ring was made but the cost quoted for the wedding ring was significantly above the budget we had earmarked for the rings.

I went to Topaz jewellers in Limerick. He was fantastic too once he saw my ring he knew exactly what to do with it. Bit of a trek if you are not from the limerick area though

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever tried Monte Regio Rioja there is a good deal on groupon at the moment, Cant place it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

On the prosecco...has anyone tried the €8 bottle from lidl or aldi (can't remember which one) but it's really really nice! It has an orange coloured label on it.

Fake tan...I don't normally wear it ever, but I'm thinking I might need something now so I've just tried the dove moisturiser one and I really liked it. The day it was developing it did smell, but the following day it was fine and one application was enough to just take the bright white look away.
    A few friends use it all the time and swear by it, one girl is getting married in a few weeks and was thinking of just using the dove on her wedding day instead of a spray tan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Christ there's no way I'm going without tan! I'm relying on the tan to cover the bingo wings....tan is a great bingo-wing coverer!! So no-one is doing sun beds so....I would have thought surely they're better than fake tan streaks all over the dress. Hmmm
    Another question - what is cut off age for flower girls. We have to include a 10 yr old in our wedding, is that heading into junior bridesmaid territory?? She's tall-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

I normally don't wear fake tan either, hate the smell of it. I'm thinking of using tinted moisturiser too. Not a fan of sunbeds.

Dove one, I might try that one too.. I hate the tan smell but if it wears off then ok.. I know a friend of man had the fake tan for her wedding and it came off all over the dress.. would hate that..

It is Lidl the orange label one is in. Had a taster session on Sunday (taster more like bottles) it is lovely for the price alright

Milly33 wrote: »
    Dove one, I might try that one too.. I hate the tan smell but if it wears off then ok.. I know a friend of man had the fake tan for her wedding and it came off all over the dress.. would hate that..

Ooh, i would hate that too. I hope she complained if she got it done in a salon.

It does take a few minutes to dry, I just threw on my dressing gown and started drying my hair before I got dressed. I was trying on dresses about 2 hours after putting it on and it didn't budge.
    The other one that I really like is the new Sally Hansen one, it's a cream.
    It won't come off in a shower of rain, you have to wash with a sponge or puff in the shower, but at least it all comes off in one go. I'm not sure if I'd chance it for the wedding day, but it's definitely worth trying out too.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't use sunbeds on principle, tbh. I don't understand how they're still legal and so loosely regulated. I'd go for fake tan if I felt something was necessary, but ideally I'll just get a tan through plenty of outdoor activities over the summer :).

Lucky you to have that option!

Dress shop number 4 today. A last minute decision. The shop is having a 50%sale on all the stock in her shop but everything is fully reorderable at full price. Worth a shot!

I thought I had found the dress, but my BM got a sneaky pic of me in it and it doesn't photograph well. Everyone said it looked better on me in the shop than it does in the pic. Which is weird. Anyway seen an ad for this sale and thought it was worth a shot. I'll won't be able to watch the rugby now! Not happy about that!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

I wasn't able to take a photograph of me in my dress. I hope it photographs well!!!

fits wrote: »
    I wasn't able to take a photograph of me in my dress. I hope it photographs well!!!

even though you were buying it? That makes no sense! They'll let you take photos alright in any dress shop if you make a big enough deal out of it. Tell them your sister is in Oz and she's chief bridesmaid and you just can't chose a dress without getting her blessing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

even though you were buying it? That makes no sense! They'll let you take photos alright in any dress shop if you make a big enough deal out of it. Tell them your sister is in Oz and she's chief bridesmaid and you just can't chose a dress without getting her blessing

Its a bit more complicated than that :). I only decided to order it a few weeks after trying it on the second time, and we never asked to take photos the second time. And the shop is a good distance away so I can't really drop in now either. I'm sure it will be fine. It feels great on, that's the main thing.

• Advertisement

We weren't allowed take pics in any shops we've been to so far. One if my bm's is abroad and we were hoping to send her a few pics so she felt included but they said no.

Tesco are doing 25% off 6 bottles of wine this weekend if anyone is looking for wine deals

i just found out this applies to bubbles as well! just tried to order 42 bottles of bubbles for delivery (saving 500 euro!!!) but it won't let me? Anyone have any idea why??

We weren't allowed take pictures either, but all sales assistants left the room for long enough to snap a few of each dress ;). One deliberately said "I'm going to make a call and I'll be a few minutes..." after we asked if we could take pictures. That was the shop where I bought the dress in the end!

i just found out this applies to bubbles as well! just tried to order 42 bottles of bubbles for delivery (saving 500 euro!!!) but it won't let me? Anyone have any idea why??

It could be a stock issue. They might not have enough in stock. Can you try to go to a few stores and buy there?

Make sure your delivery time is after 11am or whatever time the restrictions are on that day.

I bought my dress! I bought my dress!
    I want to get married tomorrow now so I can wear it again!

kildareash wrote: »
    I bought my dress! I bought my dress!
    I want to get married tomorrow now so I can wear it again!

congratulations! i bought mine on Wednesday! now i can actually enjoy watching 'say yes to the dress' in peace without feeling a rising sense of panic while watchign it :D

It could be a stock issue. They might not have enough in stock. Can you try to go to a few stores and buy there?

the shops only had like 3 bottles each in stock or something! i was able to order 42 bottles of moet on tesco.ie today, saved 500 euro :D:P:)

the shops only had like 3 bottles each in stock or something! i was able to order 42 bottles of moet on tesco.ie today, saved 500 euro :D:P:)

it didnt' fecking work....the [EMAIL="b@stards"]b@stards[/EMAIL]!!! :mad::mad::mad:
    Despite the fact that the order went through for 42 bottles, Tescos rang today said they only have 6 bottles in stock, to get 42 they'd have to order them and by the time they came in, the promotion would no longer stand (it ends tomorrow I think). I guess they would have said the same to anyone ordering wedding wine, anyone else get caught?

Oh no, bit daft if they have an online shop. Maybe just call in and ask them in one of the stores to do a bargin

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh no, bit daft if they have an online shop. Maybe just call in and ask them in one of the stores to do a bargin

Wilton only have 6 bottles in stock which they're giving me with the 25% discount. 6 down, 36 to go! :eek:

The same thing happened to my sister a couple of years ago. She had to buy in smaller quantities but it all worked out in the end.

Dunnes stores are doing 25% off 4 bottles of wine so you could try there for some.

The same thing happened to my sister a couple of years ago. She had to buy in smaller quantities but it all worked out in the end.

Dunnes stores are doing 25% off 4 bottles of wine so you could try there for some.

that's exactly what I did! Got 12 bottles off Dunnes in Ballyvolane, 16 from Dunnes in Douglas and the rest from Dunnes in Wilton. 44 bottles of champers in the garage with 25% off and saved 500 euro :D:P:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Back to Ireland this weekend, got quite a bit of wedding stuff done - got the suits for the men sorted, they're wearing grey and look quite spiffy :D Also got the flowers sorted and got the Leonidas chocs we're giving as favours sorted, we did our menu tasting and I had a bridal hair trial. Productive!

Back to Ireland this weekend, got quite a bit of wedding stuff done - got the suits for the men sorted, they're wearing grey and look quite spiffy :D Also got the flowers sorted and got the Leonidas chocs we're giving as favours sorted, we did our menu tasting and I had a bridal hair trial. Productive!

excellent! what's involved in getting flowers sorted? I haven't done that yet...

We were in touch with a florist that was recommended by our venue - sent her some ideas and explained our colour scheme. Explained what we wanted in terms of bouquets/corsages/buttonholes/room decorations, and put together a provisional price for it all. We'll be in touch with her again in early May to finalise things.

We were in touch with a florist that was recommended by our venue - sent her some ideas and explained our colour scheme. Explained what we wanted in terms of bouquets/corsages/buttonholes/room decorations, and put together a provisional price for it all. We'll be in touch with her again in early May to finalise things.

Oh it was just an exchange of emails you didn't actully meet up/choose flower types (like roses, lilys etc)?

btw what's the difference between a corsage and a buttonhole? Just wondering if I'm missing something!

Oh it was just an exchange of emails you didn't actully meet up/choose flower types (like roses, lilys etc)?

We went into the store when we were in Limerick to talk to her, having discussed some things over email/phone beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Corsages go on the wrist.

congrats kildareash well done!! must be fantastic to find the one....was it what you had in mind..

Corsage is for the wrist yep think debs, and buttonholes is for the jacket as such you pin it, magnet it whichever you prefer on on the jacket or there abouts

nosietoes wrote: »
    Corsages go on the wrist.

Ooohhh. Who wears those???

Corsages are normally worn by the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom. I'm skipping them though.

Wow it never occurred to me to get these for my mam or his, I don't think we'll bother, I don't particularly like them. Also Mam is doing the flowers so asking her to make her own might be a bit odd :P

This date next month I'll married and hopefully having a savage day :)

I'm also getting corsages for my sister-in-laws and my niece as well... although my future mum-in-law may end up going for a boutonnière depending on the lengths of her sleeves because she's a little bit short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I haven't seen people wearing corsages at weddings since the early 1990's!

Milly33 wrote:
    congrats kildareash well done!! must be fantastic to find the one....was it what you had in mind..

More or less. It's a style I loved, but didn't think it would suit me, so i was thrilled when it did.
    I was beginning to think "the one" was a made up concept, but when I seen this dress on the hanger I wanted to buy it...I didn't want to take it off and it fit like a glove. I want to go try it on again.
    Best of all, ill be fully kitted out for around the same amount I had budgeted for my dress alone!

I'm not getting corsages for the mam's. I personally think they're a bit of a nuisance. They will have buttoneires like everyone else.

really? I love corsages but then I am obsessed with flowers and I know that my mum anyway wouldn't be keen on putting a pin through her dress.

Same nosietoes. I know my mam would definitely not want to put a pin through her nice expensive new dress. But I don't think she'd fancy a corsage either so its best just to leave it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement