Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    I've tried Celeb slim and it works short term but you're better off getting your diet and exercise sorted. That said, I am freaking out because although I'm gymming 3 times a week I can't keep my hands off the rubbish that is constantly at work, it's so hard and I would never buy that stuff! That and the fact I chose my dress on my own, I'm starting to freak out that I never got a second opinion-I hope it's lovely when it comes!
    Sticky your dress is fab, so beautiful. When is your wedding?

Thank you :-) It's on 6th June. So 2.5 months to go. I booked it 4 months in advance - bit crazy to say the least.

C'mere don't mind the gym, the food is the big one girl!! I'm surprised you're tempted by the goodies at work.....the thought of 180 people staring at me puts the fear of god into me and even though I have a huge sweet tooth (I would probably have had a cake/bun/dessert a day like) I don't even want it anymore. The ultimate test was when I went home and I walked past Bulter's chocolate cafe......I NEVER walk past Butler's chocolate cafe. But I just don't even want sweet stuff - you need to go cold turkey !!!! It's only for a few months like......if you don't do this now when will you ever do it, it's our weddings like, the only one we'll hopefully ever have!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

Yep Stickybookmark is right. 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. Once you start eating healthily, the weight will fall off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was just saying that last night or well thinking it.. I was sitting there watching Don't tell the Bride oh twas gas I love the lady Nora in it... Anywho wanted a nibble and was thinking what to have just had an apple, instead of the bag of crips.... It is easyier to do than the excercising if you aren't into it, just put temptation out of site and pop some fruit or something similar in plain view..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yep Stickybookmark is right. 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. Once you start eating healthily, the weight will fall off!

The exercise is important too - it's likely that people still won't be happy if they hit their goal weight through diet but still don't like their body because they did nothing to tone or strengthen it in the process. A bit of a recomposition (lose body fat, build muscle without much of a weight change) looks good on pretty much everyone.

Just in case ye don't see it in the other post. Here's the Supervalu wine offer:

Buy 6 bottles get 10 euro off (so e.g. if you bought 24 bottles you'd get 40 euro off)
    Applies to wine on discount also (i.e. wine which is at 8 euros per bottle)
    Runs from 26th March - 08th April

Once you order your wine while the promotion is on, you get it at the above price

So it'll work out around 6.70 a bottle and apparently there will be a big range of wines on special offer. I'm meeting the Off Licence manager Sat week to go through the list. She couldn't email me a copy unf

• Advertisement

thanks for this. hoping to call to our local shop and see what they offer and then if not supervalue it just may be

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm rapidly realising I TOTALLY under-budgeted for invitations :(. We designed our own so basically budgeted 0 for them. Now I realise we have to pay for printing, also get RSVP cards**, envelopes, stamps...

** Would it be terrible to put RSVP information on the back of the invite? We want electronic RSVPs as we live abroad, so it's just going to be our wedding website details, a phone number and an email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

That's what we did Faith, just put our phone numbers on the back as a RSVP!

It'll save you a good bit and no one batted an eyelid at the lack of physical RSVPs.

Oh that's good to know! It would save us quite a bit.

We also have to decide whether to do our invites in Canada, and have the freedom to customize them, or arrange for them to be printed and posted in Ireland by a helper, and have no customisation. It'll cost much more to do them from Canada, but I'd be sad to not get to DIY them a bit. Money versus DIY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Faith wrote: »
    I'm rapidly realising I TOTALLY under-budgeted for invitations :(. We designed our own so basically budgeted 0 for them. Now I realise we have to pay for printing, also get RSVP cards**, envelopes, stamps...

** Would it be terrible to put RSVP information on the back of the invite? We want electronic RSVPs as we live abroad, so it's just going to be our wedding website details, a phone number and an email address.

Ours is directly on the front of our invite.
    It says

RSVP to
    http://www.ourwebsite.com
    by 1st March 2015

• Advertisement

Same, as most.

Your fine with a phone number or email. We done ours up too cant wait to get them printed tis fine though as we can do some and the main ones aren't pricy but the RSVP is kinda built into the invite, but we do have my mobile number on it and also the website address, where you can answer to RSVP.

Before all this I checked out vistaprint and if you were badly stuck you can upload your document on that and print, or for the RSVP you can just order business cards just get the cheap ones and make them up like RSVPs. Some nice designs there, bit wasteful if you don't have around 100 but still tis cheap.

Envelops just go to the pound shops or something. Picked up some grand plain ones 100 for €2.49 and RSVP ones for 99cent. I was just going to decorate them and have some nice punches.. Wouldn't be too fussed on getting pricey ones as they only end up in the bin

Vistaprint is an option. It's $9 for 10, and we need about 75, so it'd cost $72-ish. Affordable, but we have a friend at home who can do them for free :)

Oh I thought you said you just realised you had to pay for

"I realise we have to pay for printing, also get RSVP cards**, envelopes, stamps"

Well I must say it is an ease to get them done and dusted, so if vistaprint was in budget go for it... That or defo do wait for your friend when ye are back.

Also emailing is grand.. Have ye thought of that to cut down on postage... Email all the youngins or people you know who check their emails all the time.

Can put more than one invite lets say for a family and cousin that live nearby could put their invites in together makes postage cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

We just put in rsvps cards for the older folks who wouldn't use email much. We put loads of info on the back of the invites. Save the trees!

We got ours from Vistaprint, Through a combination of a really good coupon code and choosing relatively inexpensive options we ended up paying £68 for 50 invitations and 50 RSVP cards. Not too bad :)

A tip for vistaprint btw. Upload your invitation, go as far as checkout then walk away for a day or two.
    They'll send you an offer for money off. It's automatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Another tip for vistaprint. Check out their marketing products, they use the same sizes for flyers and postcards as they do for some invitation types and they are often a lot cheaper. My Accomodation cards and RSVPs are a mix of flyers and postcard with the same images just re-used.

Also if you buy them in stages it can work out cheaper as they keep sending you better discounts.

uhh all very handy tips..

Was it a friend of a friend got magnets done on it they came up on offer something like €20 for 40.. They were great really nice and different way to do the invites

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Another tip for vistaprint. Check out their marketing products, they use the same sizes for flyers and postcards as they do for some invitation types and they are often a lot cheaper. My Accomodation cards and RSVPs are a mix of flyers and postcard with the same images just re-used.

Also if you buy them in stages it can work out cheaper as they keep sending you better discounts.

Yeah my invites are just A5 postcards from vistaprint, with their basic plain white envelopes. The total for 100 was E75 including VAT & delivery and all that. Probably should have sprung for the heavier card, but overall I was delighted with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm putting on a dress and pretending to be a future bride just for this post!!

Ok so, I'm getting married to my wonderful fiancée (the 3 cards i got for her since we were engaged were the male version of fiancé :( !!) in 3 weeks. It's actually 2 weeks, 6 days, 6 hours and 25 minutes but who's counting.

I'm trying to think of a pre wedding gift for her, obviously I'll get the flowers delivered to work but I'd love to get her something unusual that she can use/have before the big day.

Any suggestions??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Gavlor wrote: »

Ok so, I'm getting married to my wonderful fiancée (the 3 cards i got for her since we were engaged were the male version of fiancé :( !!) in 3 weeks. It's actually 2 weeks, 6 days, 6 hours and 25 minutes but who's counting.

I'm trying to think of a pre wedding gift for her, obviously I'll get the flowers delivered to work but I'd love to get her something unusual that she can use/have before the big day.

Any suggestions??!

How about a photo album of places ye have been together, key moments in your life together. You could write notes about each one.

For something useful you could put together a bride survival pack, happy feet insoles for her shoes, mini bottle of champagne and a few other things.

A goodie bag would be a nice touch..Maybe suss her to see what her favourite perfume is or the one she always wanted.. get her something blue maybe for the big day....ill pm you another one there

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Got my dress in Smart Brides yesterday! Love love love it! My mother loved it too which meant so much! :) so excited for wedding now.

4 months out now. What should I be doing?

I think everything is booked that i need to have booked. And the invitations are gone out.

Ceremony next I suppose...

dumdedumdedum.

fits wrote: »

I think everything is booked that i need to have booked. And the invitations are gone out.

Ceremony next I suppose...

dumdedumdedum.

I'm at the same point. Invitations haven't gone out yet, but save the dates have.

We need to buy rings, shoes for both of us, my veil and a belt for my wedding dress. That's about all I can think of for now! We've re confirmed all of our bookings, and I guess we just need to think about making our ceremony now.

Gavlor wrote: »

Any suggestions??!

I think you should use the 'something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue' theme maybe each wrapped separately & then in a box together. You could ask her Mum or sis for ideas for the something old! Or an old friend of hers

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

All done :D I'm a Wife :eek: :D

fits wrote: »

Ceremony next I suppose.p.

dumdedumdedum.

I'm 2.5 mo out. Need to buy a veil, ring for him, suit for him, shoes for him, bestman suit, bridesmaid dress, flower girl & page boys outfits, choose flowers, buy wine, pick readings, pick readers, pick music for church, pick 1st dance, buy bridesmaid gift, organise teeth whitening for both of us, get ribbons to decorate car, choose menus for big day plus day after party, start writing speeches I suppose...

we need to
    write ceremony - I really want to get this right as family are dubious about non-religious ceremony, to say the least!
    finalise music and readings. I am more on top of the music than the readings
    Buy wedding rings ( so not pushed about one tbh! I love my engagement ring, twould do!)
    hair and make up trials (make up trials will be diy)
    organise dress fittings. Its supposed to come in around now. I think I had better phone them tmw as shop said they would hope to have it by february.
    organise jewellery for myself and bridesmaids. I am getting a necklace made to suit my dress by a local jeweller.
    organise informal meal for day after
    Get suit for himself and organise suit for best man.
    organise sound system for dj and ceremony.
    find out about menus, table plans etc.
    gifts for the parents
    and gift for the groom.
    organise honeymoon.

Yeah. Theres rather a lot to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

xzanti wrote: »

As in recently? Congrats!!

xzanti wrote: »

HUH! congratulations!

I know just the thread for you ;) (if you like)

congrats xzanti!! Oh come back and give us all he details would love to hear how it went

Thanks fits your list reminded me of a few things I forgot from my to-do list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I'm 4 months and 3 days out:

Need to go to France to buy wine
    Book hair trial
    Organise day before meal
    Meet with servers/day of co ordinator
    Get his shoes
    Organise discount for tux hire for friends
    Finalise individual flower choice
    Organise both parents meeting Dean marrying us
    Print RSVP cards for over 50s
    Finish buying bridesmaid presents
    Make cones for pew ends
    Book internal flights to finish honeymoon booking

And lots of organisation jobs/list making that will be done in the final weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

Had a meeting on Saturday with hotel manager to discuss some finer details. He mentioned having a song to make our grand entrance as Mr & Mrs to!!
    Hadn't even thought of that! Now I know we don't necessarily have to have one but both of us like the idea..
    any suggestions as to what we could use?

• Advertisement

teggers5 wrote: »
    Had a meeting on Saturday with hotel manager to discuss some finer details. He mentioned having a song to make our grand entrance as Mr & Mrs to!!
    Hadn't even thought of that! Now I know we don't necessarily have to have one but both of us like the idea..
    any suggestions as to what we could use?

I know a guy I worked with had the music for the Sunday game play as he & his best man/groomsmen walked in (they play GAA though) and then they had some Beyonce song play for the girls to walk in.

I know a guy I worked with had the music for the Sunday game play as he & his best man/groomsmen walked in (they play GAA though)

Our hotel wedding coordinator mentioned that someone there had done that before, wonder if it was the same person! We have been joking about using the Champions League music for it :pac:

I know a guy I worked with had the music for the Sunday game play as he & his best man/groomsmen walked in (they play GAA though) and then they had some Beyonce song play for the girls to walk in.

Love that idea but neither of us are huge GAA fans.. :/

Our hotel wedding coordinator mentioned that someone there had done that before, wonder if it was the same person! We have been joking about using the Champions League music for it :pac:

Is your venue somewhere in the midlands? I'm actually not sure where this guy got married but he's from Laois so would have been somewhere in the midlands

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It was the most amazing day ever. I'm still on a high.

The weather was stunning (Last Saturday).

Couldn't have planned it any better. We truly were blessed :)

Pics in the pics thread :cool:

• Advertisement

Is your venue somewhere in the midlands? I'm actually not sure where this guy got married but he's from Laois so would have been somewhere in the midlands

Nope, Limerick city!

So we both spent last night trawling through songs trying to pick a one to use for our reception entrance....
    we're gonna use The Saw Doctors - I uesta love her! :D

So we both spent last night trawling through songs trying to pick a one to use for our reception entrance....
    we're gonna use The Saw Doctors - I uesta love her! :D

yeah you should definitely make it humourous! (God I so can't spell humourous :confused:)
    I'm addled enough trying to pick all the church music and first dance - a head wreck :eek:

yeah you should definitely make it humourous! (God I so can't spell humourous :confused:)
    I'm addled enough trying to pick all the church music and first dance - a head wreck :eek:
    Lol something lighthearted anyway..
    I know I thought it'd be a lot easier to choose. We met with our church singer on Saturday too so I think (hope) we're all sorted there!
    For our first dance we're having Michael Buble-Everything

Lol something lighthearted anyway..
    I know I thought it'd be a lot easier to choose. We met with our church singer on Saturday too so I think (hope) we're all sorted there!
    For our first dance we're having Michael Buble-Everything

I asked my cuz who's very into music to come with some non-traditional 1st dance songs and she gave me a few good suggestions from local Cork bands but himself is from Dublin and he's very sensitive to anything having a Cork bias - argh!! So he was suggesting some Dublin songs which I think aren't really appropriate. The search continues. Have you just picked all religious stuff for the church or have you asked your priest if you can have a few non-religious? That's the difficult part for me, I have a few non-religious I want but the singer doesn't know them, she said she's willing to learn up to 2 new songs per wedding but she has to check with the harpist to see if she knows them/can learn them and then it all depends on whether the priest will allow them! A lot of variables

Our priest is pretty old school but he doesn't mind if we use a couple of non-hymns. We're using hymns throughout the mass and then for entrance,signing of register and recessional we're using songs..

Our priest is pretty old school but he doesn't mind if we use a couple of non-hymns. We're using hymns throughout the mass and then for entrance,signing of register and recessional we're using songs..

What's recessional?

As we're leaving the church :)

As we're leaving the church :)

Oh! I didn't know I had to pick a song for that as well....
    I thought it was 2 songs for the signing of the registry and that was that.

Do you think a priest would allow a CD to be played during the signing of the register? As I'd love to play 2 songs but I'd like them to be sung by the original artists (not by the church singer)

Its never ending is it?!
    What we're having is..
    -a song as the bridal party enters the church
    -an instrumental piece as we light the candles
    -4 (I think) hymns to be played at various parts of the mass
    -song for signing of register
    -song as we leave
    we could have more or less if we wanted. It was pretty much up to us.
    I can't see using a CD being a problem but it would be safer to check with the priest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement