Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

My dress is short too so ended up with ridiculously expensive but gorgeous coral pink peep toe shoes... On the hunt for nice pony hair leopard print flats but really don't want to pay shoesofprey prices for my 2nd pair of shoes... But we'll see what happens... Still have 15 1/2 weeks to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

My shoes are cream. There was a big mix up- I ordered ivory but got cream and they are lovely and were very reasonable. But now i think i want gold shoes!!! Argh. They are chie mihara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

I have wonky feet (bunions on both, size 7.5/8) and can't wear heels so my shoe selection was seriously limited :-( I got a pair in Clarkes, closed toe, low heel, cream leather. A school teacher would wear them to work for sure!! :-( I feel hard done by but what can u do. Haven't got my flip flops/flats yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

I don't know how the ladies do heels... Even the lingo and names being mentioned here im like mmm.. Whats pony hair? Is it like it says...

Take a look at ecos or sketchers even you might be able to get a nice snasssy pair of cozy shoes but funky ones.. Could get those 5 toes shoes hahah they are great. I love the looks you get from people when you are wearing them

My heels are 7 cm so not so high. I couldnt go higher than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I have 3 pairs of shoes! My fiancee bought me a pair for my sisters weding a couple of years ago. I couldn't afford the mat the time and he asked if i really wanted them!!! They are dune vivian. However i'm a bit taller than him in them so i have a lower pair for when we head off for photos and the first dance. They are dune decra. Then i have a pair of wedges for dancing later on. Also from dune they are the cream ones of these

My dress has no train so can't be bustled and i didn't want it sweeping the floor for the night so wedges seemed the best option.

I think i'll be changing shoes all day though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

fits wrote: »
    My heels are 7 cm so not so high. I couldnt go higher than that.

Similar here, 8cm heels for me and I still bought flats for the evening as well. Bridesmaids are in 15cm heels, I'm going to look tiny!

April/May brides - this is fantastic :D

http://shredofdecency.ie/

Someone drove through a red light and into himself's car this morning. He is fine, the car isn't. Puts my shoe troubles into context.

^ Sorry to hear that, that's crap :( Glad he's ok though!

• Advertisement

Well I think he got a bad fright, as you would. But yeah very glad he wasn't hurt.

I have a feeling we might have to change the car too, something we hadn't planned on! my jalopy isn't really suitable for commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

fits wrote:
    Well I think he got a bad fright, as you would. But yeah very glad he wasn't hurt.

Glad he's ok fits, I'm sure he got some fright. But at least no serious injuries
    fits wrote:
    I have a feeling we might have to change the car too, something we hadn't planned on! my jalopy isn't really suitable for commuting.

There is always something when you're trying to save.
    Will he be able to claim off the other person's insurance?

kildareash wrote: »
    Will he be able to claim off the other person's insurance?

Should be able to yeah. Just dont know how bad the damage is yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

fits wrote: »
    Someone drove through a red light and into himself's car this morning. He is fine, the car isn't. Puts my shoe troubles into context.

Oh no, glad he is ok, hope you are both not too shaken up.
    April/May brides - this is fantastic :D

http://shredofdecency.ie/

That is brilliant, great idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I'm glad he's ok and hopefully the insurance will work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

That's horrible fits, glad he's ok.

The honker on my chin has gone down loads already thank feck.

Booked in to get my nails and wax done next week, can't believe the big day is next Saturday!!! Fingers crossed the weather stays the way it has been.

I can't wait to put on my fab dress and marry the man of my dreams :)

Haha, vom inducing or what ;)

Been googling wedding make up and hair looks to go with the style of my dress this morn.

I am loving this bit!

I've asked a few friends and got some recommendations for new MUA's. Going to have another trial with a different girl and see how I get on.

I don't wear make up day to day, and I'm not great at doing bold eyes or eyeliner, but I love the look. I'm always watching make up video's on you tube. So that's what I'm going to try this time. Have some pics of what I like. If I don't like it, I can always get her to do another more natural look next time.

Hope the hubbie to be is over the shock fits...

The more I read the stories about makeup and shoes the more im like mmmm I am so missing the female gene me thinks or just that part of the brain or brian as I like to call him....

think I am just about going to try out some tan and that's it.. The only thing id love it some glittery or sparkly body powder which they don't seem to do anymore

Was stuck in an airport last week and wandered into victorias secret. They have heaps of sparkly body cream stuff.

Just wondered in haha only messing!! Thank you I would never have thought to look there. We don't have one in Cork but I could try online. I remember a few years ago it was everywhere, they had a kind of powers shimmer for your face and then body shimmer but not anymore it is all about the brows and tan

• Advertisement

Mostly perfume in the airport ones not much underwear at all.. Its a really weird store tbh.

just looking through there website and im like ohhh how does she look like that

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

It is my hen this weekend and i am bursting with excitement! Only 6 weeks til wedding as well. No idea where the time has gone!

I dislike Victoria's Secret - the bras are crap and come in a very narrow size range, and their sparkly glittery crap holds no appeal for me at all.

Jes rainbow what did they do to you haha, very harsh.. Yeah I was just browsing the bras there and while they look nice id say they wouldn't hold much up...

Ohhh Bluebell do you know what ye are doing then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Milly33 wrote: »
    Just wondered in haha only messing!! Thank you I would never have thought to look there. We don't have one in Cork but I could try online. I remember a few years ago it was everywhere, they had a kind of powers shimmer for your face and then body shimmer but not anymore it is all about the brows and tan

Inglot have simmer body powder and they are opening in Cork soon

Jes rainbow what did they do to you haha, very harsh.. Yeah I was just browsing the bras there and while they look nice id say they wouldn't hold much up...

That's the problem! Their bands start too high and their cups don't go high enough for me. Anything I've read on /r/ABraThatFits about them suggests that their bras stretch out really quickly too, which is really annoying.

thanks Westernlass not sure who they are but I shall go goggle them

Milly we are going to Edinburgh for the weekend. I am from Scotland and the wedding is in Ireland so decided to have it back home. I have no idea what we are doing but my five bridesmaids have been working very hard on it so I am sure it will be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

bluebell27 wrote: »
    Milly we are going to Edinburgh for the weekend. I am from Scotland and the wedding is in Ireland so decided to have it back home. I have no idea what we are doing but my five bridesmaids have been working very hard on it so I am sure it will be great!

We might run into each other so bluebell, that's where my hens is this weekend ;)

Gosh really.have a wonderful time tread softly. I am a bit biased but Edinburgh is a great city!

A trip back home for it, sounds lovely I hope ye have a blast now. With 5 ladies planning I am sure it will be great. Oh I still remember this underground pub we went to in Edinburgh it was great, some random chap dressed as jack sparrow, redbull and vodka €1 or pound and then best characters there... Have a great weekend

bluebell27 wrote: »
    It is my hen this weekend and i am bursting with excitement! Only 6 weeks til wedding as well. No idea where the time has gone!

OOh lucky you! Have a great weekend :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That's the problem! Their bands start too high and their cups don't go high enough for me. Anything I've read on /r/ABraThatFits about them suggests that their bras stretch out really quickly too, which is really annoying.

But they're so pretty :(. I saw a gorgeous front closing halter neck bra on their website last night that I really want. There are frequent occasions where I wish I'd never found /r/abrathatfits because then i could have gone on wearing badly fitting, but beautiful bras, blissfully unaware of the fact they were the wrong size! In my real size, bras are all ugly and functional, with very few fun colours or styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Happy hen bluebell and tread softly! How exciting!

• Advertisement

Imagine if ye met over there!! Have a cheers if ye do.

All excited the invites are done yippee, himself is picking them up after work cant wait to see them. Must just sort the menu card and the additional info to go with them and that's it..

Milly33 wrote:
    All excited the invites are done yippee, himself is picking them up after work cant wait to see them. Must just sort the menu card and the additional info to go with them and that's it..

Have you seen them yet? Are u happy with them?

Yep I have seen then..

They are loverly and a total bargain at €30 for 70 + a few for messing around with...

The are just what we wanted.. I will say that doing up the invites did get a bit im going to kill you if you don't get around to doing it but it was all worth it.. We picked up envelopes in the poundshop and I hand stamped them to pretty them up.. Must just print off the menu card as the caterer would like one, don't fancy them myself and the information leaflet which is more or less done..

On a bad note the heat rash is back with this heat wave we are having, and guess where I get it!! on the hands going have to try and get rid of it before the summer..

On a bad note the heat rash is back with this heat wave we are having, and guess where I get it!! on the hands going have to try and get rid of it before the summer..

Oh no. There is probably no lotions or potions that work on it if it's a heat rash. You'll be the only one praying for a normal irish summer with no heatwave!

We really must get round to designing the invitation. We wanted to do something that incorporated us and our two kids, but their small toddlers so it's proving trickier than I thought to get them to do what I want!
    Might try again this weekend.

• Advertisement

It really is a bit of an ordeal trying to get them (the invites) to work, but once you master one step you will be flying it. Himself used photoshop for most of ours. We have a few vectors if they are any good to you to use.. Something with the kids and family sounds lovely something personal adds a nice touch.

I know this chap Rob Stears does comic work if you wanted something like that, he could do a family portrait..

The heat rash is so annoying, it start like little spots and when it gets bad it looks like elephant hands... Steroid cream and some antihistamine should keep it under control, just have to get non drowsy ones as one sip of wine on them and ill be sleeping

Thanks Milly, I know what I want it's just a matter of executing it, I can always make up the kids bit. Know is going to probably even notice the personal bit!

Hope the heat rash goes down quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭CorkClaire82

This time next week I'll be a Mrs!!!!!

whooo hope the last week is nice and relaxing enough for you. do you have much left to do

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's been a while since the last one, but I had a wedding day nightmare last night. This one was that my dress was way too big for me and I'd forgotten to get it altered. Ugh, I hate those nightmares!

Also, it was pure wishful thinking because unless I seriously cop on, my dress is going to have to be let out to get me into it!!

My last nightmare was that everyone was talking over my speech and then the guests all walked out.

I think my hairdresser is going to let me down. Im a long time client but she closed her business recently and is working in another salon... And not returning my calls. I have been trying to book a trial Darn it anyway. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭CorkClaire82

whooo hope the last week is nice and relaxing enough for you. do you have much left to do

Not a whole pile really, just decorating the venue a bit but that'll be Thursday. Finishing work Monday so it's all go from then! Eeeeck.

fits wrote:
    I think my hairdresser is going to let me down. Im a long time client but she closed her business recently and is working in another salon... And not returning my calls. I have been trying to book a trial Darn it anyway. :|

Oh no. That's terrible. That is my worst nightmare. I'm fussy about hairdressers as it is.
    Hope you sort it out.

I just wish she'd tell me straight out if she can't do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement