Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Here Comes The Trio

Fits do you still need a humanist ceremony draft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think we are ok, thank you. Just going with simple order of service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah don't look at the weather forecast it is 9times out of ten..Just see what the morning holds for you...

Fingers crossed they wont be bad this time, I say a prayer for you... That now or just really stressed now to bring them on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh Fits, don't worry about the weather forecast. There are just no guarantees of good weather in this country.
    Blazing sunshine doesn't agree with photographers anyway!
    Get a child of prague and stick her out the night before!ha!

Yes happy days another thing done, we settled on the bubbly this evening. We are going with the Supervalue deal getting the Griffin normal and pink and then getting some bucks fizz in Tesco too.. The last of the major things done delighted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

amor3 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. I'm having a child free wedding, only my own and nieces and nephew. 5 children in total. I have told everyone this from day 1 and now mil is really causing major hassle, 1 of her nieces, my oh's cousin, will have no one to mind her daughter, (don't know if this is true )so she is pushing for her to go

That's ridiculous. Stick to your guns !!

Fits that's sh!te. I was Lucky with mine, got it out of the way the week before. Jeez it's hard enough going to the loo in a wedding dress. But at least you can pop up to your bedroom to go to the loo. I would definitely get that medicine that Dolbert mentioned if I was you.

Amor and Kildareash on the kids thing- the hotel organised a babysitter for my 9mo. The wedding was at 14:30 and we stayed in the venue the night before so we got ready in teh venue. The babysitter arrived at 12 and was booked until 4. The buggy never made it to the church (basically becasue I didn't explicitly task someone with bringing it) well I discovered after it was in teh boot of the wedding car but no-one told me and no-one brought it in. The ceremony was at 14:30 normally the baby would go for a nap at 15:00, it was 15:00 by the time the ceremony started. So the babysitter had to try and entertain a wriggling baby in her arms who she had never met before, without any buggy. As I was in the middle of bridal prep when the sitter arrived I was only barely aware of her arrival - I mean she came in and spoke to me but shur I was in another world (with stress, adrenalin, excitement etc...) plus I was writing my speech all through the bridal prep so I was seriously distracted. I'd say she was given an Ella pouch and a bottle for the child alright, but that was it. No snacks for the church. Very little instructions (if any). I could hear my baby through the ceremoney shouting away down the back, I think your ear is tuned to the sound of your ownchild, I really wanted to turn around. As her shouting/cooing/general babbling got louder and louder I kept thinking 'for god's sake take her outside .....pleease....'but I'd say the sitter thought she was meant to keep her in the church. I never explicitly said to the sitter ''if she starts making noise, please take her outside'. I don't even think a dodie was brought along for the child....
    I found it hard to focus on the ceremony I was trying to drown out my baby's cries. I kept thinking 'this is your wedding, where you're about to take vows in front of all your family and friends you have to focus on the ceremony and just ignore her' I tried to think of her cries as her contribution to the ceremony, but it was hard!! It was very distracting. You'd think the sitter would know to take the child out but I'd say she wasn't sure if she should stay or go. I had told her I wanted her to bring the baby up for photos at the end and the poor girl came into me during bridal prep twice (she was only a yougn one) to ask me to clarify exactly what I wanted her to do and when, my own thinking is....she was in a bit of a tizzy about what she was supposed to do with the baby at the end and she was afraid if she went outside she'd miss her cue.
    Kildareash:
    1. Do you know the childminder? Can you meet her in advance and have a detailed chat about what to do in teh event of this or that. Don't assume anything. People do not behave the way you expect them to!
    2. Can you divide and conquer. A 2 yo will need an adult looking after them 1-to-1 for the mass. So will a 3yo. Do you or OH have any childless brothers or sisters? Or a couple with just 1 child where neither of the couple are in the wedding party? I would put 1 adult solely in charge of the 2yo and 1 adult solely in charge of the 3yo for the mass.
    3. Food is the answer. My sis was my bm. Her hubby was looking after their 1yo for the mass. I had been expecting her to be a wildcard but I didn't hear one peep out of her. Why not? Coz he drip fed her through the entire ceremony. I kept th eceremony as short as poss and it ended up 1 hour. I was saying to my BIL after how long was it and he said I'll tell you exactly now it was 2 packets of chickatees, 2 packets of raisins and half a pack of rice cakes long :-) :-) The little girl was in the wedding party so he fed her 1 raisin at a time, 1 chickatee (those organic ella ones or whatever) at a time directly into her mouth so it didn't get on the dress. I think this is genius if you could arrange 1 adult each to do this for your 2.
    4. I'd start packing the back for the church for your kids now. I totally ran out of time/forgot about it. Put in snacks, wipes, drinks, diversions, toys, books change of clothes all that.
    5. For the night of the wedding there's no way I'd keep the kids onsite. My Mam found a lady for me (her friends sister) who lived 20 mins away from my venue. We did a trial one Sat arvo I dropped the baby over to her and she kept her for a few hours. Went fine. I called up to her 2 days before the wedding and set up the travel cot for her, gave her all the nappies, clothes, food etc so all she had to get on the day of the wedding was bottles, car seat, buggy adn baby. I put my older bro in charge of the handover on the day of the wedding. (he has kids so he would know how to put a child seat into her car, fold up the buggy for her etc) She drove to the hotel at 5pm on the day of my wedding and took my baby away. Only then did I relax for the first time and start to enjoy the day

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The wedding nightmares are coming thick and fast now :eek:. I've had three over the last two nights! Mostly about me forgetting and turning up with no makeup and in my normal clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Faith wrote: »
    The wedding nightmares are coming thick and fast now :eek:. I've had three over the last two nights! Mostly about me forgetting and turning up with no makeup and in my normal clothes.

Oh I had them, was in boots with the dress (flat manky ones), the best man was in jeans, the parents weren't sitting up the front ... Oh they went on. However, about a month out they stopped so there's hope maybe :)

Thanks Sticky, some great advice there and some things I hadn't thought about.

The plan is to get to know her while she's on summer hols now. So she can call over to us and get to know the kids and after a couple of week's I'll go do the shopping or something while she minds them.

The 3yo won't be a problem at the mass (she actually loves mass) but the other fella is a different kettle of fish. But maybe he'll change over the next few months. If they're getting a bit antsy in slimming world, I put you tube on with the volume turned off and he will sit looking at the pics. I'll make up an activity pack with stickers and colouring books and food for the church.
    With the wedding in November, they might not be able to go outside during the ceremony if it's raining so I'll just have to have plenty of distractions for them in the church.
    Naps I won't know until closer to the time, he is still a napper.
    But I might ask my brother just to be on hand if one wants to head off in a different direction from the pack! He will only have his 9yo son with him on the day and he will be happy to sit with his other cousins if his dad has to tend to one of mine.

Kids of your own do add a while new dimension to the day and even the planning and organising.

• Advertisement

Thanks Sticky, some great advice there and some things I hadn't thought about.

The plan is to get to know her while she's on summer hols now. So she can call over to us and get to know the kids and after a couple of week's I'll go do the shopping or something while she minds them.

The 3yo won't be a problem at the mass (she actually loves mass) but the other fella is a different kettle of fish. But maybe he'll change over the next few months. If they're getting a bit antsy in slimming world, I put you tube on with the volume turned off and he will sit looking at the pics. I'll make up an activity pack with stickers and colouring books and food for the church.
    With the wedding in November, they might not be able to go outside during the ceremony if it's raining so I'll just have to have plenty of distractions for them in the church.
    Naps I won't know until closer to the time, he is still a napper.
    But I might ask my brother just to be on hand if one wants to head off in a different direction from the pack! He will only have his 9yo son with him on the day and he will be happy to sit with his other cousins if his dad has to tend to one of mine.

Kids of your own do add a while new dimension to the day and even the planning and organising.

Baffeled just off the phone to my mum and tis like nope there was nothing wrong.. Very weird has me thinking now was I being a bit off but I don't think so and even asked himself was I being weird...

I am going to run with it anyway and hope for the best

Milly33 wrote: »
    Baffeled just off the phone to my mum and tis like nope there was nothing wrong.. Very weird has me thinking now was I being a bit off but I don't think so and even asked himself was I being weird...

Don't question it! Maybe someone had a word with her!

kildareash wrote: »

Chalk it down. Very stressful. I'd recommend planning out the entire day from first thing in morning to last thing at night kids wise - who will be responsible for them hour-to-hour. If possible have the same person take overall responsibility for them for the whole day from start to finish. I didn't do that and I wish I had.

Also your suggestion about your brother or BIL is a great one for the church. Best to give that job to a Male family member as they're not that pushed about the ceremony whereas the women (sisters, mothers, aunts) like to watch the whole ceremony and hear each piece of music, the readings, admire the flowers, what was the church singer like etc. For men it's not such a big deal if they effectively 'miss' the whole mass coz they're looking after a child. IMO

Keep going and don't look back. Glad it's all sorted now.
    Chalk it down. Very stressful. I'd recommend planning out the entire day from first thing in morning to last thing at night kids wise - who will be responsible for them hour-to-hour. If possible have the same person take overall responsibility for them for the whole day from start to finish. I didn't do that and I wish I had.

Also your suggestion about your brother or BIL is a great one for the church. Best to give that job to a Male family member as they're not that pushed about the ceremony whereas the women (sisters, mothers, aunts) like to watch the whole ceremony and hear each piece of music, the readings, admire the flowers, what was the church singer like etc. For men it's not such a big deal if they effectively 'miss' the whole mass coz they're looking after a child. IMO

Said brother would be happier sitting with the kids TBH! Not into these big formal family events.
    The babysitter will be with us for the whole day and her mum is a guest so at least she has a bit of a support system for herself. Any of my brothers or nephews will be happy to help with the kids. And I think keeping them in the hotel with us will work out better on the day. I think there would be a big drama if they had to leave the venue. What I might do is get the hotel to organise a babysitter for the night, and sitter no 1 can head off home or come and join the party.

How old is your LO? Thanks for all the advice. I've certainly taken it all on board and will make more consideration for the kids on the day. I suppose mine are hardy enough to let someone know if they need something and what they need.

But I am having second thoughts about who we have chosen to babysit now. I toyed with the idea of asking a friend of a friend who would have her own car etc but OH asked his friend's daughter.

Totally different topic, but we are having such financial stress at the minute, it's beyond a joke. Every month there seems to be a big expense, the way we are going we will just barely have enough to cover the wedding. Such a headache that we're both just wishing our lives away until after the wedding, when at least our savings will be for repairs and stuff like that. Major headache!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So tomorrow is our big day. Everything has been done we hope. Had our final calls with all suppliers, have been down to the venue, suits and dresses all tried on and fit perfectly, had our practice run yesterday had a lovely lunch with herself this afternoon and exchanged gifts, feeling very calm about the whole thing!

Im sure I will have some butterflies in the morning but apart from that Im good to go!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Have an absolutely wonderful day :D

Best of luck Business Cat, have a fabulous day :)

Have a great day Business Cat. Looks like no rain forecast and 20 deg C? Happy days for you!

Fits when are you up??

Kildareash at least you'll have the wedding presents as well after the wedding, that will help take some of the pressure off.
    My lo was 9mo on the day of my wedding. I had trouble with a 3yo and a 1yo as well though, they refused to walk up the aisle/stay still for photos. It was some circus! Kids under 4 should not be in bridal parties !!!!

Oh on the babysitter go for the oldest, most experienced person you can find. Someone who has kids themselves would be worth their weight in gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

best of luck business cat

Totally different topic, but we are having such financial stress at the minute, it's beyond a joke. Every month there seems to be a big expense, the way we are going we will just barely have enough to cover the wedding. Such a headache that we're both just wishing our lives away until after the wedding, when at least our savings will be for repairs and stuff like that. Major headache!

It's stressful, isn't it? We have most of ours covered, but even so, I'm afraid to spend money on anything between now and the wedding because I'm afraid of unexpected costs.
    So tomorrow is our big day. Everything has been done we hope. Had our final calls with all suppliers, have been down to the venue, suits and dresses all tried on and fit perfectly, had our practice run yesterday had a lovely lunch with herself this afternoon and exchanged gifts, feeling very calm about the whole thing!

Im sure I will have some butterflies in the morning but apart from that Im good to go!

:)

Best of luck! Have a wonderful day.

Ladies, what do you think of this dress for our Day 2 BBQ? http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_61252+268610_-1

I like it, but my friend thinks it's too "birthday party-ish". The original dress I wanted will unfortunately be floor length on me, and I don't want to spend loads on a dress, then half that again on alterations!

Ladies, what do you think of this dress for our Day 2 BBQ? http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_61252+268610_-1

!

Lovely, it's perfect assuming you're not having a winter wedding?

Yeahhh so excited best of Luck Business Cat!! have the best day ever....

yes I am going to go with the flow now and not say any more about it, makes me worried though I hope she is ok..Anywho sure onto the next thing..

Have you by any chance started paying things off kildareash!! I said from day one the minute we would start kinda taking money from the fund it would all be a bit OMG where is it all gone... Am kinda feeling a bit of it now kinda like what if we don't have enough what about this and that..

I have put a stop to any new ideas or thinking oh this would be nice, or buying more gifts for people, just saying now concentrate on what we have and make it great... Must say we have come under budget in a few things now which is good. The dress fingers crossed will either be €200 or €100 under budget, the wine we came in €90 me thinks, not much but it makes a difference..

I like it, but my friend thinks it's too "birthday party-ish". The original dress I wanted will unfortunately be floor length on me, and I don't want to spend loads on a dress, then half that again on alterations!

I really like it, but sometimes that brand can be a bit hit and miss. Sure go in and try it on, you've nothing to loose.

Have you by any chance started paying things off kildareash!! I said from day one the minute we would start kinda taking money from the fund it would all be a bit OMG where is it all gone... Am kinda feeling a bit of it now kinda like what if we don't have enough what about this and that..

I have put a stop to any new ideas or thinking oh this would be nice, or buying more gifts for people, just saying now concentrate on what we have and make it great... Must say we have come under budget in a few things now which is good. The dress fingers crossed will either be €200 or €100 under budget, the wine we came in €90 me thinks, not much but it makes a difference..

No, we haven't started paying off anything yet. We're still saving away, we just though we'd have more disposable cash to pay off our wedding rings every month, so we're behind on that. We have the money to pay for the big things. And I'm so budget conscious that so far everything has come under budget, and I haven't compromised on quality.
    I ordered a car for OH as a surprise, and now I'm wondering will we have enough left for it! It will be fine in the end, just wish we weren't so stressed in the meantime.
    That's the other downside of organising a wedding with kids, we could live on beans on toast for the next four months, but they eat so much!

Lovely, it's perfect assuming you're not having a winter wedding?

Nope, early August! I think I'll give it a go :).

I was going to say you could stock up on the mcdonalds vouchers but they aren't cheap anymore.. We got the leaflet and I was shocked €85.0 for a happy meal I remember when they were 2.50...

Maybe ye could pay the car half now and half later perhaps... I was hoping that will be an option as I don't want to be worried about paying people on the day... Just think about when it is over and all the extra cash ye will have!! Ye can go mad treating yerselfs and the kids... try and not let it get you down, tis only money in the end and maybe like that you could arrange with some of the things ye have left to pay that ye could call down a week after to pay off things..

Just got the reminder today that we are six weeks!! haha I am not counting but a good friend sends me a text to let me know.. Had a loverly night chatting with himself parents last night and it was great to go through things on both sides, I cant wait to get them all together and get the ceremony plan done...

T

They might need to be taken outside e.g.
    - nappy incident
    - toilet incident
    - one of them pukes
    - one of them has a tantrum
    - one of them wants Mammy (e.g. during the vows) and nothing and no-one is going to stop them

So I would pack a warm coat and hat for each of them and put it in the bag for the babysitter, and make sure to tell her to bring a coat for herself as well. Is the church nearby? It would be worth making sure the babysitter knows where the toilets are.
    And if possible you could take them up to the church a few times in the weeks leading up to the wedding and do practice runs for walking up the aisle (with one of the bridesmaids if she's local) ''ok now walk up to the aisle to Daddy''with Daddy standing at the top. Rem you won't be in the church to help or encourage them (you have to wait in the porch/outside with whomever is giving you away) and neither will your OH he will be up to the top of the aisle so the co-ercing and the walking them up the aisle will be done by A.Another so if you could do a practice run with that A.Another before the big day it might help alot.

Maybe ye could pay the car half now and half later perhaps

The wedding money is safely tucked away, it's our day to day money that's taking the hit and in turn we've had to use the credit card which was going to be our back up to pay for necessities. We've had car repairs, the boiler and washing machine broke in the same week, just everything thrown at us so far this year. We've no major events before our wedding, so if we can just knuckle down, hopefully everything will be ok.
    I'm half thinking some family members might offer to pay for things in the run in, but no one has offered or asked us yet.
    They might need to be taken outside e.g.

And if possible you could take them up to the church a few times in the weeks leading up to the wedding and do practice runs for walking up the aisle

Thanks Sticky, for all the advice. They will definately have coats etc with them for going in and out of church.
    They have very familiar with the Church already, as they go there about once a week as it is with my mam. I know walking down the aisle is a different story, but I might ask my mam to start making it a thing when they visit the church.
    I know my LO is very shy and I'm expecting her to get stage fright and not want to walk down the aisle and that's fine too. I think I'll ask her grandad to be at the back of the church to take her if she doesn't want to walk. Or she can walk with me and my brother, or one of the bridesmaids as she loves both of them. You just can't plan for these things, and I'm not one to force them into it. It's no big deal. We're more than happy for them to come and sit or stand with us on the altar for parts of it, if that's what they want. We still have to be their mammy and daddy on the day, and I know making sure they are happy/full/rested etc is going to be on the back of my mind all day too. It's never far from my mind, even when I'm in work!
    But thinking about it more now, I think I'll make more of an effort to bring them to mass so the little fella gets used to sitting down, and not being allowed talk out loud. My little girl knows the drill.

• Advertisement

I was kinda thinking that about a few bits and bobs. Family members wanting to pay etc but the more I think about it the more if they pay after might be better at least that way then if something happened and they could no longer pay it isn't a huge surprise to you...

I wonder how business cat is getting on not a bad day now

I know my LO is very shy and I'm expecting her to get stage fright and not want to walk down the aisle and that's fine too. I think I'll ask her grandad to be at the back of the church to take her if she doesn't want to walk. Or she can walk with me and my brother, or one of the bridesmaids as she loves both of them. You just can't plan for these things, .

At least you're thinking it through in advance and planning it out. I had a plan alright for who should walk up the aisle with who, and that went to sh!t on the day coz of the 1yo and the 3yo refusing to play ball. Just a minor thing but if a bridesmaid is walking up the aisle holding the hand of a smallie, the bm may be inclined to let their bouqet slip down. A bouqet is meant to be carried at belly-button height (as was mentioned on here before!) and that's easy to do and remember when you're using 2 hands but takes more of a concerted effort if one hand is leaning down to hold the hand of a smallie.
    There's a very high chance your bridesmaids will end up holding the hand of a smallie coz you're talking about kids <4 and from what I saw they very often wont'go up the aisle otherwise. So might be an idea to get your bridemsaids (on the morning of the wedding) to do a quick practice of walking while holding the child's hand and still holding their bouquet (with 1 hand) at belly button height. Obviously on the day you wont'give a sh!t, but when you get the photos after you will. The bridal entrance is the most photographed part of the day.

Put your elbows on your hips and youll carry the bouquet grand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I'm getting the mothers involved with walking the kids down the aisle. They will take one each.

Totally agree with you kildareash, if the kids wants to sit or stand with us, i have no problem what so ever. And if anyone there does have a problem with this if it should happen, well to be honest, they really shouldn't be there then.

Fingers crossed I am hoping my two nephews will walk the bridesmaids down the aisle as the best men will be at the top anywho and then have the mum and dads go down with eachother.. forgot now about mum but maybe my older brother or my other one will walk her down...

Hoping to have the family really involved in the ceremony maybe having them all seated around us in a semi circle and then having two parents light one candle and then we will light ours from theres... Having the dads give us the rings etc cant wait to start that next...

• Advertisement

Sounds lovely milly. Nice to get family involved as much as possible.

Went into town today to pay the balance on the honeymoon, yay!!! Got my shoes but not really happy with them, they only from new look but a bit pinching on one foot, seen a nice pair in next so i think i will swap. Posted the last of the invitations as well. After a very long lull things seem to be moving again :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

I'm just waiting for the new wedding stamps to come into the local post office then it really kicks off! Be a nice boost once the invites go out! 10 weeks to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hey guys,
    Hoipe everyone's plans are going good!
    How far in advance are you all sending your invitations out?
    We're about 4.5months away from the big day now, we were so organized early on I think we got too laid back and now I'm slightly panicking (on the inside!!). We're making our own invitations so starting them next week.
    With regards to booklets for a church wedding, is everybody doing full booklets(full prayers etc) or has anoyone decided to go with the scroll idea with just the titles of prayers etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

Hi Gee_G - I sent electronic save the dates I designed about 9 months in advance. Mostly to let people from abroad know well in advance. I then set up a wedding website (free mywedding.com job) to provide info on the venue and accommodation and for RSVPs, photos, music requests and stuff.

Posting the wedding invites 10 weeks in advance. Everything I checked online said 6 to 8 weeks but I'm too excited to wait and I would rather give extra notice for people to arrange better deals for accommodation. I designed my own and had them printed professionally as I wouldn't trust our printer and it worked out cheaper than to buy a new decent printer. I love the DIY side of things :)

I was the same with getting the big things done early and then had a bit of worry I had forgotten something as it got closer to the time. But with 4.5 months you've still heaps of time for most of the details stuff. I keep forgetting to sort the rings!!

A Church wedding I was at had the whole ceremony mapped out in the programme booklet and it was really nice to be able to follow along. We aren't having a church wedding and I haven't decided on whether I'll do a digital ebook (with lots of nice/fun graphics) for guests to download in advance & view on device with a few printed versions on the day or just do a more text based booklet with the ceremony timeline, poems and some fun facts thrown in too - this way people aren't stuck in their phones!

I've seen lots of nice ideas for simple programmes you can do yourself. Martha Stewart wedding off the top of my head. Here's some links:

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/302904/diy-ceremony-programs/@center/303373/wedding-invitations-stationery

https://www.theknot.com/content/diy-wedding-program-instructions

Lots of good ideas on Pinterest too:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/434878907738335273/

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/catholic-wedding-programs/

I see business cat is back on how did it go would love to hear was it magical...

Re the invites finally got the last of ours sent out today with 7 weeks to go, but most of them went out well in advance about 4 moths in advance we just wanted them to be done and dusted another thing off the list..

with the booklets haven't started ours yet but the plan is to maybe do something fan orientated with just the list of who is who as I think it is nice to know for people who haven't met everyone yet. Like lets say himself parents names and his family, my families names and the kids and after that I don't think we are going to do prayers or anything so just a general run of service so people know what is happening next..

It is great to get all the invites done and stop the questioning of ohhh we should have invited them or them..
    I was just thinking there actually I know we aren't allowed to sell anything as such but if there is any cork based brides after august I am making a lot of the tin cans, and decorated jars etc and we are getting a lot of things from other people I would be more than happy to pass onto any other bride afterwards if it saves a penny here and there for anyone

• Advertisement

I asked the parish secretary what the priest preferred and she gave me a sample booklet with the full mass printed. Was hoping to just do a double sided a4 That accordion style (can't think of the proper name). Have the font down to 7.5 to make it all fit, which I think is just a bit too small for people to read comfortably.
    I think it's nice to have the full mass and the.prayers printed out for people who aren't familiar with the ceremony or the prayers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

We are married. Absolutely fab day. The rain was biblical but everything else was perfect. Very happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations fits :D

Yay!!!! Congratulations fits..

Congrats Fits :)

Quick question, are ye all of planning big day after parties?

We're not sure what to do as it's november garden parties/bbq is obviously out. I was thinking of asking the hotel if they could do a buffet maybe for the families and bridal party around lunch time/early afternoon the following day.
    Two of my siblings will be heading back to the UK that day as their kids will have to be in school on Monday morning.

Any other suggestions of what we could do?

Congratulations Fits!! Yeah well done hahah pesky rain but sure tis always there.. Hope it was fab cant wait to hear all...

Re the next day yeah sure ask the hotel if ye are staying there the two days...

That would be fine or I don't know you could see if there is a local restaurant maybe you could head down to for a change.. It is hard to know what time to do it at as some people like a sleep in others don't, but I would be more veered towards the evening..

Well if you are doing a dinnr course go for around 6 and if ye want something early just ask for a few nibbles to be put on...
    Tough one alright..

Just realised ours is a closer than I thought god im like eeccck

Quick question, are ye all of planning big day after parties?

We're not sure what to do as it's november garden parties/bbq is obviously out. I was thinking of asking the hotel if they could do a buffet maybe for the families and bridal party around lunch time/early afternoon the following day.
    Two of my siblings will be heading back to the UK that day as their kids will have to be in school on Monday morning.

Any other suggestions of what we could do?

It was an option but we decided against it, mostly because i think most people will just get up have breakfast and want to get going. We are staying on the next night as is my sister and oh's sister and their husbands, anyone else is more than happy to stay but with work on the Monday for the majority, i couldn't see it being very appealing to them. Sorry, no real suggestions!

It is hard to know what time to do it at as some people like a sleep in others don't, but I would be more veered towards the evening..

Just realised ours is a closer than I thought god im like eeccck

How much closer Milly? So exciting!

I think it will have to be early in the day, as the others will be leaving early evening I assume to catch their flights. That kinda catches us. Maybe I'll ask the hotel just to provide us with a room and teas and coffees, scones and stuff like that.

Sure some like nibbles then would be loverly, maybe some sandwiches and light nibbles that would be very nice...

Oh it is 5 weeks!! I know in my head I was saying six weeks so one week should not mean that much but still it is closer..

I wish payday would hurry on so I could get the last few bits. Must pay a visit to the pound shop to pick up some sparklers and little bits.

Then boots and I must get the jewellery and underwear.. And get some clothes for myself for the day after and the break

I was hoping to maybe get the bridesmaids a nice pearl set I know tis a little boring, but they would go great with the dress. Was thinking of one of those ones with a piece hanging down the back of the neck, like a backwards necklace as such... Think I need a day in town

• Advertisement
Advertisement