Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Oh I've got buckets and buckets of those !!!

There are loads of photos of all the (male) guests that left the table during the dessert and went to watch the champion's league match in the bar - lots of their reactions when Barcelona scored, and loads and loads of photos of individual guests laughing during the speeches..... I think they took some of every table actually. I'm definitely not lacking on the ''candid'' shots.

Have you talked to your photographer about why he was in the bar watching the match?

My friend just sent me through a potential draft of our invitation and I'm so excited :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Milly33

No im with you Dovies... Id be like that too would love to get one snap maybe done up nicely for the wall and leave it at that.. Berit Atlis online has the loverly ones that you can use as guest book as such. Where you would have the picture there with a large border and then people would sign it and you frame it after...

Seen them in a few places and they do look nice...

Me to kildareash ive no more interest in the work the last few weeks I know it is bad but I get it done I just get distracted too,

What kinda table number style are you looking for

Must say I think the I Spy thing would be a good idea. It was someone mentioned it to me before not wedding related at all before I knew about it. And it is something fun to get people to do, especially if there are kids it gives them something to do...

the chap I work with is into photography and he was saying that even doing things like a list of pictures, saying get a picture of the best handbags or pretties shoes. he said for photographers it is something fun to do....

Milly33 wrote: »
    What kinda table number style are you looking for

there is a subtle comic book theme running through the day, so I'm doing comic book/superhero table names. Just downloading comic book covers from google images, trying to get as many wedding ones as I can and for the others just nice covers. I'll need a minimum of 15 though.
    Just going to print them and put them in Ikea frames with the table number on the back.

I've attached the jpeg of one of the ispy posters I've seen on pinterest.

• Advertisement

I like the most creative decoration one.. go for it, it would be something fun to have on the tables..

I have given up trying to work so I have. My head is just not there... Annoying now with bits I have some stuff left to do but kinda waiting on others to get in contact and arrange things before I can do anything about them...

The comic book theme sounds great! Do you have spidey and Mary jane.. or is it this style comic book ye are going for DC ones sorry I should say

My comic book theme is 'whatever I can find on the internet before the boss catches me!'

That's the kinda ones we're going for. My knowledge of superhero's and all that stuff is limited so at the minute it's very wide ranging and includes both DC and Marvel, as he kinda likes characters from both. I've given up trying to ask him questions about it because I don't listen to the answers!ha! I know Batman is his ultimate favourite though.

Oh well I can help if you like, grew up a lot with them so..

I know with those kinda ones you had

Mary Jane and Spiderman - there should be wedding scenes there
    Harley Quinn & Penguin she had a crush on him there should be clips of here pretending or getting married to him at some stage
    Jean and Scott from Xmen they got married too
    Batman - There should be something with himself and catwomen (Selina)

Himself was tempted to get the batman ring at one stage for the wedding ring they are quite nifty looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I'm liking the i spy thingy! What way does it work? Disposable cameras on the table with the list?

Thanks Milly, that's great. I was just googling random stuff!

Amor, we're not doing disposable cameras as everyone has camera phones. We will ask people on the invitation to download wedpics and upload pics from the day to that so we will just add our wedpics user name to the i spy cards.

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    Thanks Milly, that's great. I was just googling random stuff!

Amor, we're not doing disposable cameras as everyone has camera phones. We will ask people on the invitation to download wedpics and upload pics from the day to that so we will just add our wedpics user name to the i spy cards.

Aha, don't think half the guests would know how to upload/download :-) but if i wanted to do it, could it be done with disposables or is there a downside to doing it that way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

They are probably lovely Minera, think I was the same when we got ours. We spent so much time on them, then we got them it was like yeah they are nice haha... I am sure they are fab plan a nice night together now to send them out. Make sure you have all your addresses read to go makes it so much easier.

Well we have a few people there who will have cameras who will be taking snaps, and to be honest nowadays any camera on an iphone is just as good as any fancy camera you get.... Will have three people there who are handy with a camera. So will have one with me in the morning, one will be with the lads and his family... Then someone to take snaps in the church and all that goes. Then for everyone else who takes pics they can upload onto the site so we should end up with a great selection of snaps....

Plan to do things like have fortune tellers for camera shots so people can use them to get pictures...

To be honest I just don't get the price of photographers, like that we saw a few but all priced around €500 - €1, 200 mark and it didn't top the list of things or did we have it in the budget.. Hate having my photo taken also so this way is so much easier.

Have any of ye come across any nice jewellery sites? I was hoping to use Ruby Robin but I don't think it will suit now... Was looking for a nice pearl set for the ladies and maybe pearls for me too. They don't have to be expensive any help appreciated.

Kramer have a lovely pearl chain on their website

amor3 wrote:
    Aha, don't think half the guests would know how to upload/download :-) but if i wanted to do it, could it be done with disposables or is there a downside to doing it that way?

No, it was probably originally done with disposables. You cld maybe just tell people to leave the cameras on the table when they're done taking the pics for you to develop. The couple of times we've seen disposables at weddings we were never sure whether to take or leave the pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

No, it was probably originally done with disposables. You cld maybe just tell people to leave the cameras on the table when they're done taking the pics for you to develop. The couple of times we've seen disposables at weddings we were never sure whether to take or leave the pics.

Good point! I was Lucky a few people sent me on their photos. I'm thinking back now to all the many weddings I attended over the years - I Always took loads of photos and I never once thought to send the bride on my snaps of her day. I usually (not Always) posted an album on fb for each wedding so they would have got (what I considered the) best ones that way but one year I had 8 weddings so I didn't get around to putting them all up. Also just thinking about it now as a bride, I want to see ALL of someone's photos of my day not just the ones that they deem fb worthy. There could be ones where someone is blurred or sweaty but that photo could contain a memory of the day that the bride deems special. I wonder would it be weird to offer my friends to send them the photos I took of their day now, years later?? I'm sooooo grateful for the people who sent me theirs. But I wonder would the novelty wear off a few years on and you'd be like 'whatever'

I'm defo going sending the ones I took this year (on my SLR) of my 3 friend's weddings onto them post haste!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

2 days to go! I am currently knee deep in flowers but my future mother in law is coming over to help with these.

For anyone doing your own flowers just remember that while it might take a certain length of time for you to do an arrangement this will be totally thrown out of whack by numerous visitors!

Just the cake to be iced, cookies and brownies baked off (already prepped) rehearsal with the priest tonight and rings to be collected and we are good to go.

Oh any my tan and nails to be done.

Sure most people have the iphones now and know how to upload and download..

Did ye get one of those scan things kilderash that lets say you point the phone at it and the page comes directly up on the phone.. Most of those app sites have it and tis very handy you can pop it on the page so people can use it... Defo much better than the disposables as you don't end up with lots of dodgey photos wasteful printed and like that some people take them away not knowing if they are to leave them..

The times are changing so they are...

We just ordered cards from vista print for the app handy €15 for 200 cards. Plan to scatter them around the place..

No probs with the superhero stuff if you need anymore just ask.. Spent last night talking about how Jean should have really got with Wolverine?

Yeah Hayes!!!! Exciting times so happy for you that the day is nearly here!!!
    You are baking jes well done to you, you sound like you are organised and ready to go... Enjoy your tan and nails now I hope you get to chill for a while..

Getting panic or itchy now as I have to wait till pay day to go get the last few things and id love to get them done and dusted now... Mind is getting scatty too with keeping to a definite plan with the decorations.... Must say tis times like this now I wouldn't mind someone else although himself is fab, but just be there for ideas.. Mum is up the walls with her own flowers and bits and pieces and others are away so tis like mmmmm just me and my head again

Hi westernlass who are Kramer sorry not down with my brands

ahayes84 wrote: »

For anyone doing your own flowers just remember that while it might take a certain length of time for you to do an arrangement this will be totally thrown out of whack by numerous visitors!

Can't rem if you're doing a church wedding or not? If you are then you have to watch when you put the flowers in the church as well - if there's a funeral or worse a christening (small kids running around will wreck your pew ends) you'll have to time very carefully when you put the flowers in

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Will just warn you about wedpics, my friends did this and only cos me and my OH are getting married, we were the only ones to upload any at all!

I'd consider a few options. My Bestie is in the business and needless to say, he has loads of people land at his house with blurred, unfocused wedding pictures with people asking him to photoshop them! Pays to get a decent photographer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

We were lucky with WedPics, loads of people used it and we got some great photos and videos from it! We had a photographer for the ceremony, after it and for part of the reception. The majority of our nighttime photos were from friends.

I guess it depends on how many people use it, it could be that we have a lot of weddings coming up this year so lots of our mates were open to downloading it.

There are a few in particular I love, obviously they're potato quality because they're from phones but they're great :D

This was just after the ceremony

NDI2MzcwNjY5NzY1ODA1MzQwODEyMDc4NjM5NDkzMTQxNDE3OTQ=.jpg

Mates that couldn't make it bought us a bottle of Dom Perignon that was left in our room so we got stuck straight into that :pac:

MjcxMzU4MDg2NjIxNTI3MjE5ODAyMjg0MTg2NTAxNzAwODQ4ODI3.jpg

After they threw our Shred of Decency confetti

MTAwNDg3NzIwNTA3NDg5MTYzMjUyMDExNDc1NjA1MDI5NDg1MTM0.jpg

Waiting nervously to go on for the first dance!

MzAzNzA4MjIwNjI4MjU0Njc2NDAxODc4MTMyMzQxNjQ3MDc4ODI=.jpg

And at 5.30 in the morning :p

MTY4OTY2NDQyOTQzNjk5MjYxNDYzNDgzMTc4NzU2NDQ2NDQzNzI2.jpg

So it can be brilliant if it works out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Wedpics worked ok for us, but not on the day, more afterwards where people put their photos there and it was easy for me to download them. Pre-wedding I invited people to download the app via facebook. I'd do this rather than put it with the invites. Just from our wedding website stats/experience, people emailed/facebooked the link clicked it because it was easy to do. People didn't type in our wedding website address from the invites. It's something you'll "do later" but forget about, and I think the same would happen with wedpics. I had notes about wedpics printed out to leave on the tables but they went missing on the day. That may have generated more "on the day" photos.

A lot of people just sent me a link to google drive or drop box too. Not everyone used wedpics by a long shot but I got a copy of most of the photos that were taken on the day. There are two people with cameras who I'm still waiting on.

Someone said earlier that iphones etc. are up there with SLRs these days. They're absolutely not, especially indoors at night. The quality is totally different on every level from a decent camera, especially when you print it out. I printed a rake of photos last week, just at a 6x4 size and the camera phone ones are generally grainy, slightly out of focus and really only looked acceptable if printed in black and white. The SLR photos are a whole other class. A high res SLR also means you can crop and manipulate the photos to a much greater extent. I've turned several awkward photos into two or more nice photos by judicious cropping. They still look perfect because they're high quality. Not a chance of doing that with any of the camera phone photos. As a fun game camera phones are great. Relying on them for some/most of your wedding reception shots - I wouldn't in a fit, though they are a big step up from disposable cameras.

If you're relying on a few people with a decent camera vs a photographer, I'd say have them well briefed, probably ask them to target different groups. I'd also suggest asking one person per table to make sure they take a few photos, preferably on a real camera (even if not SLR), but on a camera phone if that's what they've got. We didn't have a photographer at the reception (only at the ceremony) and there's one table I have basically no photos of and a few tables I have maybe ten of. There are guests I don't have a photo of at the wedding because my SLR handy uncles didn't know them. That said, reception wise uncles did an amazing job and I have photos I'm delighted with. Ceremony & couple only photos wise, I'm glad we went with a professional.

Ah tread softly they look great.. Ye look so happy and smiley!!

I think twas me mentioned the SLR vr's camera...

Think tis all done to what ye want again and how the group works. Ive no fear our group will upload and all that goes. Plan to put the cards with the details in every room and scattered around the place so that people cant say they didn't get them....

just paid the venue ecck took a big hit to the savings looks odd now, im like where is it all gone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Minera

Thanks milly and sticky turns out I was having a "moment" it's ok ill get the invitations done again! I didn't pay big money on them so I can chalk it up to experience! DON'T PANIC BUY cuz your mammy starts telling stories about 'mary down the road had her invitations 2 years before her wedding!

Tread softly you look amazing x

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We just ordered cards from vista print for the app handy €15 for 200 cards. Plan to scatter them around the place..

That's a nice idea, Milly. Did you design the cards yourself? I'd like to do something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

2 days to go! I am currently knee deep in flowers but my future mother in law is coming over to help with these.

Just the cake to be iced, cookies and brownies baked off (already prepped) rehearsal with the priest tonight and rings to be collected and we are good to go.

Oh any my tan and nails to be done.

Woah you sound busy! Hope all goes well and you have a great day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Can't rem if you're doing a church wedding or not? If you are then you have to watch when you put the flowers in the church as well - if there's a funeral or worse a christening (small kids running around will wreck your pew ends) you'll have to time very carefully when you put the flowers in

All good with the church no events bar our wedding tomorrow until Saturday evening so they should be fine barring a surprise heatwave

I was up at mums last night she was getting flowers ready for a wedding, I was a little excited. All the years I have been there watching mum talk about brides and going through what flowers they want, and trying on headpieces and I was like next twill be me.... Amazing women so she is, the house smells devine and they are mostly garden flowers really goes to show that you do not have to go mad on flowers... Although she did have a amazing double lisianthus OMG it was fab if anyone was looking for a nice petite flower...they are so so pretty

Ill do a sun dance here for you Hayes it will come out to shine....

We kinda did design them Faith, but it was easy enough.. We just took the main colour from the invites and that and then on one side we have the scan thing for the app (still cant think of what you call it) and on the other then just instructions with the code for the app... They all match in with the invites...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I knocked one up in Powerpoint, 4 to an A4 page and then printed them off.
    If anyone wants it pm me an email address and I'll pass it on.

Did ye get one of those scan things kildareash that lets say you point the phone at it and the page comes directly up on the phone.. Most of those app sites have it and tis very handy you can pop it on the page so people can use it... Defo much better than the disposables as you don't end up with lots of dodgey photos wasteful printed and like that some people take them away not knowing if they are to leave them..

No I didn't get any scan thing. Must look that up. Would be handy to put on the invites. Your idea about the cards on the table is great too.
    We were lucky with WedPics, loads of people used it and we got some great photos and videos from it! We had a photographer for the ceremony, after it and for part of the reception. The majority of our nighttime photos were from friends.

OMG treadsoftly, I LOVE your dress. When I first glanced at the pics, I actually thought it was my dress, but it was just the waistline was the same.

You just look like you're beaming.
    Wedpics worked ok for us, but not on the day, more afterwards where people put their photos there and it was easy for me to download them.

A lot of people just sent me a link to google drive or drop box too. Not everyone used wedpics by a long shot but I got a copy of most of the photos that were taken on the day. There are two people with cameras who I'm still waiting on.

People aren't going to take a pic and instantly upload it. It will probably be in the days after the wedding when people are at home on wifi and stuff that they will do it.
    LInks to their online storage is great too. We just want people's pics from the day. Our photographer will be snapping away all night, so we will have pics of the dancing and stuff like that but it's the drunken silliness or the messing at the table that we want too. I suppose we want to see what people got up to at our wedding!ha!
    All good with the church no events bar our wedding tomorrow until Saturday evening so they should be fine barring a surprise heatwave

Best of luck for tomorrow ahayes, hope you have a lovely day and the weather gods are good to you :)

The parish secretary in the parish where we're getting married is starting to stress me out. It's my home parish, but we live in another parish now.
    I've asked for PP in my home parish to marry us, and even though he won't be PP of our parish by the time we get married he is coming back to marry us. But on more than one occassion I've had to clarify with her that the PP will be marrying us.
    She hadn't stamped my confirmation and baptismal certs so I sent them back to her and she sent them back apologising for the confusion and hoping it didn't delay my meeting with the priest. :confused:
    I also haven't filled in a pre-nuptial enquiry form and I don't know how essential this is. The parish where we live gave us the freedom to marry letters no questions asked. The secretary said they should have filled out the form, but their secretary said it had nothing to do with them as their priest is not marrying us. :confused::confused::confused:
    Sorry for the long ranty post, I'm so confused over it all.

• Advertisement

Oh god sounds like a day of doses.. I am having war there with Oasis online with the bridesmaids dresses they have lost them or something. Three times I have been refunded who knew it would be so hard..

Sounds like the secretary might be a bit scattered. Could you maybe call with the forms and a nice box of chocos and get her to sort them out there.. Sweet talk her perhaps

Oh god sounds like a day of doses.. I am having war there with Oasis online with the bridesmaids dresses they have lost them or something. Three times I have been refunded who knew it would be so hard..

Sounds like the secretary might be a bit scattered. Could you maybe call with the forms and a nice box of chocos and get her to sort them out there.. Sweet talk her perhaps

Oh feck, sounds like we both have headaches this morning!

What are you going to do about the dresses? Do you think you will be able to get them?

I'm close to punching the secretary. I'm after re-reading an article from the mrs2be website (it just came up on my facebook page yesterday) about what you need to get married in the catholic church, so I think I'll give the parish where we are currently living a call. It sounds like they are the ones that have to fill it out. This shouldn't be difficult!

Have been battling with them all morning, one girl was useless and blamed me I was like stall the ball there loverly.. Got a great lady anywho in the end. I myself managed to find the one that was shipped with Nightline so ill hopefully have that tomorrow and then I must ship this one to Holland. The other if I cannot find it the nice lady has arrange a Dublin shop to hold it for me. But typical I have no money in the account until the 30th but well sort something.. I must say the customer help is good but the shipping and putting the orders in seems a to be a shocking set up..

I can hear the bottle of vino calling me this evening!!

One fab day does have some very usefull information on it. Great I hope you get them to sort it out for you. You would be surprised how lazy people can be regarding things like this, it is like you are actually asking them to arrange your wedding for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

OMG treadsoftly, I LOVE your dress. When I first glanced at the pics, I actually thought it was my dress, but it was just the waistline was the same.

You just look like you're beaming.

People aren't going to take a pic and instantly upload it. It will probably be in the days after the wedding when people are at home on wifi and stuff that they will do it.
    LInks to their online storage is great too. We just want people's pics from the day. Our photographer will be snapping away all night, so we will have pics of the dancing and stuff like that but it's the drunken silliness or the messing at the table that we want too. I suppose we want to see what people got up to at our wedding!ha!

Aw thank you kildareash!

That's exactly why I loved wedpics, seeing all the drunken progress pictures from throughout the day and night :pac:

I feel awful seeing all of ye with weddings still to come stressing and having problems :(

If it's any consolation, I went through some issues myself but it all worked out on the day. It tends to nearly always work out and any problems there are, you can be guaranteed no one but yourself will notice.

I know you want everything to work out perfectly but please try to enjoy your day too. You've invested so much time and money in it, you want to be able to have a good time as much as everyone else :)

I know you want everything to work out perfectly but please try to enjoy your day too. You've invested so much time and money in it, you want to be able to have a good time as much as everyone else :)

I'd prefer to have any hiccups now, than in the week or two before the wedding. At least I have the time and patience to sort it now.

I fully intend to enjoy the day itself, it will be first time all my siblings are together for a happy occasion in a few years, so I want to savour that.
    As much as we would like everything to be 100% perfect, life is not like that so I think you just have to roll with the punches.

Called the parish where we live, and it turns out the PP there has to start filling in the form. When I picked up the freedom letters there, they told me it was the priest where we were getting married!
    I don't understand how people can get things so wrong. If I'm not sure of something I'll ask my boss, I won't give out wrong information.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reassurance tread softly.. Must say im rather annoyed now trying to sort these dresses as it is just another thing on my side to go wrong and I hate having to wait on others to do things.. Tracked the last parcel and they put all the correct details followed by France on the order... muppets..

Sounds daft alright Kildareash some people are just like that with work they aren't too bothered about what happens

Beautiful pictures tread_softly!

It seems like a day from hell for some of us today. I feel like cancelling the whole thing and the two of us just feck of somewhere on our own and get married!

Kildareash, hope you get sorted soon.

oh no amor heads up you can do it.. just think of the honeymoon!!

I would love a break now not sure which I am more looking forward to the wedding or the two weeks off haha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ugh, due to shiity Canadian vacation allowances, and only officially being in my role for 6 months so only accruing 50% of my maximum vacation time for the year, I'm only getting paid for about 50% of the time I'll be at home for the wedding :mad:. It's going to be a lean few weeks when we get back to Canada after the wedding! At least my OH is getting paid for the whole duration.

But I'm flying out on Sunday! I can't wait!

Best of luck today ahayes, the weather is looking grand so far xx

• Advertisement

Pants Faith, but suppose at least himself will be paid so he will just have to step into the husbandly duties straight away.. Only messing just incase anyone takes it the wrong way...

Ended the crap day yesterday by popping into Tesco to get folders for the old sing song sheets, have loads delighted with them now, missing the rebel songs but most know these..

Must say I was annoyed though at how rude or just twatty people are today, I would like to think i am a nice person and would pick something up for someone. I dropped five cards on the floor and i swear twas like watching Mr Bean trying to pick something up without dropping all the rest of the things two people were just looking at me staring one was working there. I actually thanked them when I managed to get the stuff and they were just blank.. Shame on them tut tut..sorry rant over.. Tis a new day!

Best of luck today Hayes!! Have a Wonderfilled Day enjoy every moment.. Looking forward to hearing back from you!!!

Someone said earlier that iphones etc. are up there with SLRs these days. They're absolutely not, especially indoors at night. The quality is totally different on every level from a decent camera, especially when you print it out. I printed a rake of photos last week, just at a 6x4 size and the camera phone ones are generally grainy, slightly out of focus and really only looked acceptable if printed in black and white.

Yeah completely agree. The camera (normal Canon) that was used to take photos of my dd's christening went missing (has since turned up!) and for a while all I had were photos my well-meaning cousin took on her phone. Better than nothing and grand when viewed on facebook. But I got them developed in 6x4 just the normal size and they were fuzzy and pretty crap. Actually I bought the SLR because of this instance! I said I'm never having another major occassion where I don't have decent photos. I was at a friend's baby's christening and she had hired a professional photographer and I thought what a good idea

God you're lucky. I had a removal on the night before my wedding and then the funeral on that morning before my wedding. I had to creep in to both events (before removal started and before funeral started when only the immediate family i.e. chief mourners were there) wearing tracksuit/flip-flop combo i.e. unsuitably attired and make my apologies to grieving family members as I snooped about the church looking for where my musican could plug in her amp/talk to the sacristan about playing a song for me on teh church soundsystem/trial the song on church sound system (for a few secs) etc. Eeeek

Ended the crap day yesterday by popping into Tesco to get folders for the old sing song sheets, have loads delighted with them now, missing the rebel songs but most know these..

What a great idea! There was many verses missed/songs abused at the sing song in the resident's bar at hours. We attempted a duet at once stage, didn't work out! :P In fairness OH has a few numbers he always belts out pretty well. Loads of people wanted to sing at ours, at least these days people can look up the verses online....but you have to be sober enough to be able to look them up !

Milly, I have some song booklets that I robbed from here or another website a while back if you want them. It's a mix of everything but they might have thr few you were missing.

yeah tis always good to have a list of them.. I know there will be plenty who will want the sing song.. I was trying to keep them both happy and typical irish ones. So I have ones going from the Black ladies, to My lovely Horse from farther ted, to Richie Kavangh, Disney and back them to the Aussie Bush band...

Kildareash I might do alright if you would not mind. Thank you so much I think my head would pop now if I had to look at more, it is amazing how many versions of songs are out there. It was hard trying to find the Colonial boy version that I knew.... Will I send you on my email... thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Amoureux

This is why I love this forum, i'm always getting ideas from it, never even thought of making booklets/folders for the sing song in the residents bar. This is something I will definitely be doing, Thanks 😊

Well at least you get to pick songs rather than buying books that maybe have one or two songs people would sing.. Like kildareash offered to me, if you would like the ones I have I can email the document onto you. There is 69 songs in total in a word document.

I love sing-songs at weddings. Such an irish wedding trademark :-)

Just PM me your email Milly and I'll send it across. Likewise to anyone else who wld like a copy.
    I have a mass booklet template and a kiddies activity book too that you can personalise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement