Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

kildareash wrote: »
    Just PM me your email Milly and I'll send it across. Likewise to anyone else who wld like a copy.
    I have a mass booklet template and a kiddies activity book too that you can personalise.

Me please kildareash, pm on the way :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Ladies, has anyone seen white umbrellas anywhere? Preferably large ones. They'd be good to have in case of rain on the wedding day :)

Faith wrote: »
    Ladies, has anyone seen white umbrellas anywhere? Preferably large ones. They'd be good to have in case of rain on the wedding day :)

I'm sure i seen them on adverts faith, i was gonna pick one up myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Faith wrote: »
    amor3 wrote: »
    I'm sure i seen them on adverts faith, i was gonna pick one up myself.

Had a Lisbeth Dahl cream pagoda umbrella for an Italian lakes wedding a few years back, very useful! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lisbeth-Dahl-Umbrella-PAGODA-Cream/dp/B003ZJDJ8S

On M&S currently - http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Ditsy-Floral-Dome-Umbrella-with-Stormwear%E2%84%A2/P22362208,en_IE,pd.html?dwvar_P22362208_color=A4&start= Mixed reviews (2) so caveat there. If you create a new account, bring order up to €50, use WELCOME10 to take €10 off €50 spend for new account orders and there's a possibility that NEWSLETTER5 is a) still working b) stackable with WELCOME10 and will give a further €5 off €35 spend. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Ask your photographer if they have umbrellas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Ladies just to confirm ....photos taken on phone don't really develop (6x4) my mother got a load of (both from the SLR and from phones) developed in 6x4 and the phone ones are only fit for the bin. Grand for social media, viewing online or whatsapp I'd say but if you're looking for photos for an album or the wall phone isn't the way to go

Called the parish where we live, and it turns out the PP there has to start filling in the form. When I picked up the freedom letters there, they told me it was the priest where we were getting married!
    I don't understand how people can get things so wrong. If I'm not sure of something I'll ask my boss, I won't give out wrong information.

To be honest I think there's no right and wrong with this. It seems to vary from priest-to-priest, parish-to-parish and what mood they're in on the day. Did you get sorted? Any awkward questions! My priest filled it in himself then just got me to come in and sign it ! I also cut the vow 'will you accept with grace any children god gives you' from the mass booklet, as thought it was a bit of a farce.
    on the day he just said whatever I had put in the mass booklet. I cut out the vow about the money as well (coin exchange) Made the mass shorter as well happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thank you kildareash for the tunes. have them printed now and in the books I was one page short in the book as such to keep it neat but I just put a note in with the last one saying there is a page behind :)

Sorry faith I haven't seen any around you could ask someone to keep an eye in pennys or guinneys are great for bits... if I see any ill let you know... I have a ivory white heart one id be willing to let borrow but I'm in cork..

Yes yes I got my hair trail done today and I love it, kinda game of thrones ish with plaits, got it done around two and the curls are still holding, I would have fairly silky hair so delighted she was so nice.. And turns out this thing with the makeup is ok..She was saying herself if Id prefer to do it myself go with it that she has seen very few brides who are happy happy with it..

tried on the dress again so that is coming along nicely too now, must go underwear shopping next week and shoe shopping so he can judge that. must give Ernest the thumbs up again he is a gem makes you feel very comfortable and has great ideas for what would go and what would not...

started out as a stressfull week but so far the weekend is good.....

Milly33 wrote: »

tried on the dress again so that is coming along nicely too now, must go underwear shopping next week and shoe shopping so he can judge that. must give Ernest the thumbs up again he is a gem makes you feel very comfortable and has great ideas for what would go and what would not...

started out as a stressfull week but so far the weekend is good.....

Sounds like a productive weekend! Great about the hair trial. How are you getting on with the bm dresses?

What are the guys wearing in your wedding by the way?

For underwear you want to go M&S (pictured) or Debenhmas. That's where you'll get all your super sexy wedding garments guaranteed to lead to consumation of the marriage ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

To be honest I think there's no right and wrong with this. It seems to vary from priest-to-priest, parish-to-parish and what mood they're in on the day. Did you get sorted? Any awkward questions! My priest filled it in himself then just got me to come in and sign it ! I also cut the vow 'will you accept with grace any children god gives you' from the mass booklet, as thought it was a bit of a farce. on the day he just said whatever I had put in the mass booklet. I cut out the vow about the money as well (coin exchange) Made the mass shorter as well happy days.

Yes I got it sorted. Got a different girl on the phone in the parish where we live last week so I have to make an appt with the PP here and he will fill it out and send it to the parish where we're getting married! When I asked in the parish office here when I was picking up our freedom letters they said it has nothing to do with the priest here. Anyway I have to call the PP and make an appt with him!

I don't think I've an issue with the wording...We've been graced with the kids already and won't be having more.

I keep telling himself I'm not doing in sickness and in health and as was really sick a few years ago so I feel I've that box ticked! Ha!

Glad you found the songbooks useful, Milly. I must make a start on our own. Are you leaving them on the tables as a favour or just keeping them aside for the residents bar?

We were at a family party on Friday night and everyone was saying how much they are looking forward to our wedding. And my family have booked their flights and accommodation for the weekend. Got me excited and all warm and fuzzy inside....or maybe that was the wine!

Kildareash, did you get me pm?

Sorry amor I only got it this morn. My phone memory is full and my emails weren't coming in. As soon as I get a chance to sit down at the laptop ilk send them on ti you

Sorry amor I only got it this morn. My phone memory is full and my emails weren't coming in. As soon as I get a chance to sit down at the laptop ilk send them on ti you

Ah that's grand, no hurry. Sometimes its easy to miss a post here so i was just wondering that's all.. Thanks again. Glad your getting sorted with the pp! Another thing of the list.

haha the Ultimate Shapewear sounds dangerous I am sure he would be weak for me in them!!! The dress maker said to get a slip.. Thank you sticky I was hoping to get into debanams for the sale but just after a night out and I'm sitting here watching splash instead...

The dresses I got one of them on Friday thank god so tis on the way to Holland now to my sister I hope it suits her now.. I have to wait them for the refund to come through to get another sent down to me from Dublin... So fingers crossed that will be there by Monday...

The main man is wearing a snazzy Ted baker outfit just a nice shirt and waistcoat, and brog style shoes and the best men then are going nice pants and a loverly white shirt.. They mite not be doing ties as it looks a bit schoolboyish we shall see I was hoping to have the button hole as a feature to take away from the lack of tie

Yes just checked my account and well sure didn't I get the money back for the two dresses... I am a very honest person but me thinks maybe tis a gesture of good will on their side so I am saying nothing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Hi westernlass who are Kramer sorry not down with my brands

Autocorrect is driving me mad lately. I meant Keanes jewellers, they are in cork

Ah I see I was looking them up and none of the sites were making sense for jewellery so this is much better.. Shopping day next weekend so I shall take a wonder in..

Great you got sorted kildareash! another thing done will they allow you to take that part then I'm sure there are other sayings you could use....

I was going to put the song books in the bar for afters, I will have them someplace to hand.... if you want me to send you on my list of songs too your more than welcome to them

They mite not be doing ties as it looks a bit schoolboyish we shall see I was hoping to have the button hole as a feature to take away from the lack of tie

Great re the dresses. Order the 2nd bm dress asap so before they stop stocking that style /size!
    Interesting never saw a buttonhole put on a shirt rather than a jacket before. Will it go on the pocket? Would a shirt material (thin) be ok to support a buttonhole?

They mite not be doing ties as it looks a bit schoolboyish we shall see I was hoping to have the button hole as a feature to take away from the lack of tie

Great re the dresses. Order the 2nd bm dress asap so before they stop stocking that style /size!
    Interesting never saw a buttonhole put on a shirt rather than a jacket before. Will it go on the pocket? Would a shirt material (thin) be ok to support a buttonhole?

Yep I have the other on the way from Dublin sorted, mind I was worried about how long she said they would take to post it. She said Wednesday at the latest I was like mmmm but sure...

Yeah the shirts are kinda thick as such, no pockets either in them so they will be going straight on. I was thinking of using magnets but mum said the pin will hold it alright....The lads would just look odd if they were in jackets and himself was plus we wanted to have it casual yet snassy

• Advertisement

Thank you kildareash, just got that now :-)

Sounds lovely milly. I like that look and I wanted my oh to go for it as he's a very casual person but he wants the full 3 piece suit.
    Glad you're getting sorted with the BM dresses.

yeah if the shirts had pockets you could have put a folded up pocket handkerchief in to add a bit of flair but if they don't sounds like the buttonholes are your only option so. I'm sure your Mum being a florist is the buttonhole expert.

I know it was thinking that with the pockets too we could get a piece to put in them but nope... I was messing around the last day when mum was putting a few bits together and I think maybe some rosemary and lavender maybe with just a piece of twine looks quite manly.....

3 Weeks and counting there I said it haha...

How are things coming along for everyone else....

Oh milly you really won't feel 3 weeks flying around. Have you got your shoes yet?

We're meeting with our invitation person this eve. Excited for that as we really liked the rough draft she sent us last week.
    Going shoe shopping with BM'S in the next week or 2. OH is finishing up his masters thesis this week so we are barely on speaking terms. After that he has no excuse to avoid wedding talk!ha!

Haha best of luck to your hubby to be. It is hard trying to get them to concentrate on regular terms not to mind while doing a thesis.. Im sure he will be all bells now after..

Best of look with the invites too I am sure they will be lovely...

Shoes now, we are planning on shopping this week for them. Well I kinda left the ladies pick what they would like. One is here and one in Holland so tis hard. My own then I was half thinking of the irregular choice but I think not after talking to people and mum said my posture wasn't right in them so back to square one.. I really wanted a small boot but there doesn't seem to be many...

Ordered Jewellery on Etsy so hopefully that will be nice a little treat to me.. It is hard to tell would it go with the outfit or not.... but sure ill wear it with something else if I have too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

I really wanted a small boot but there doesn't seem to be many...

Did you see this recent piece on bridal boots One Fab Day Milly?

That's extraplus, yeah I came across it but they are all too high though :( I know there is no pleasing me.. I love the blue ones but just with a little less heel..

I am normally a doc Martin or flip flop gal so any heel is like a tower for me

Shoes now, we are planning on shopping this week for them. Well I kinda left the ladies pick what they would like. One is here and one in Holland so tis hard. My own then I was half thinking of the irregular choice but I think not after talking to people and mum said my posture wasn't right in them so back to square one.. I really wanted a small boot but there doesn't seem to be many...

I feel like I want the dress with me to get shoes. It's so long since I've seen it now, I'm just going off a few pics from the net.

Hope you find something!

I am normally a doc Martin or flip flop gal so any heel is like a tower for me
    Why not go for doc martins then? Or do you want a heel for your dress? You could just get a small kitten heel for the ceremony and then get bridal converse for dancing.

If you feel like splashing out...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/160628201/wedding-dr-martens-custom-crystal-dr?ref=market

Or...

http://www.drmartens.com/uk/Women%252527s-Boots/Dr-Martens-1460-W-Boot/p/11821104

• Advertisement

That's extraplus, yeah I came across it but they are all too high though :(

with you there - too high price and heel !

i can't wear heels either milly so i can totally relate. i got a lovely simple, comfortable pale pink shoe with a closed pointed toe and a low heel for the big day. got them in clarks for 85 euro.

your dress is not full length though is it? so your shoe will be on show. mine were concealed under my dress (not that it mattered as they were inoffensive numbers....in the professional photos where you can see them they look perfect - just no wow factor)
    the fact that you don't want a traditional 'weddingy' shoe is a good thing i think you should find plenty of options!
    my problem was finding a nice dressy wedding shoe in a low heel. i'm sorry but unless by special order they just do not exist!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm back in Ireland! Less than 2 weeks now :D

Welcome home Faith!!! enjoy and relax now for a few days before starting

I just don't know with these Sticky are they kinda tack looking!! There is no pleasing me..

And yep kildareash really thought of maybe getting a heeled doc boot, but lets say they aren't dancing shoes! I was just looking for a smallish heel but something funky.... Like I love these http://www.weddingwebcorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/funky-wedding-shoes.jpg if they were a smaller heel.

The dress is either long or short.. I was thinking short in the front if I found funky shoes but if not then can go long..

haha to be honest I think I just want funky shoes so I wont be happy if I don't get them :) not in a spoilt way at all, at all

Love them shoes milly, I'm finding the shoe hunt quite hard myself!

amor3 wrote: »
    Love them shoes milly, I'm finding the shoe hunt quite hard myself!

I think it's so long since I've seen the dress, that I can't really remember it properly.
    I'm also getting conflicting advice...my BM who wasn't with me when I bought the dress says I need wow shoes, while MIL says no one is going to notice your shoes so don't be putting so much thought into it.

Also, this is a bad time of the year to be looking with all the sales on. I was in Dublin recently and there wasn't a proper shoe to be found, all strappy sandals. I'm also thinking I want a MaryJane style shoe, as I don't wear heels very often and always feel more secure in a maryjane, particularly for dancing.

Have you tried ruby shoo? I tried on some of theirs recently and I didn't think the shoe was too high?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I bought mine here

http://www.elegantsteps.co.uk

I acutally went into the shop in Liverpool but they are an accurate fit - I tried loads on. They are currently dyeing mine but they have been in regular contact with me and will let me know when they are shipping to make sure Im not on my hols!

Just had a look at ruby shoo there, they have quite similar ones online in korkys. I'm the same, i can't remember my dress at all , keep thinking I'm gonna hate it when I've to go for my fitting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

http://www.lkbennett.com/Shoes/Court-Shoes/Minu-Glitter-Knit-Court/p/SCMINUGLITTERKNITGoldSoft%20Gold

These are the shoes I wore. Kitten heel, so a bit of a heel but very comfortable for general walking around and dancing. I wore them two days, I'd say we walked at least a mile on the Friday getting photos done and all night dancing on the Saturday. No problems, no pain and I live in flats.

Took me longer to find shoes then to find the dress. They were expensive, but I'll wear them again, unlike the "wedding" wedding shoes I looked at which I'd never wear again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I sat down and did some list writing last night - trying to plan out the next 4.5 months so i'm not rushing at the last minute.

Got a call last week that my dress was in - 2 months early!! - so I'm collecting it on the 15th August. How far in advance of the wedding do i need to get the dress in for alterations? I'm trying to lose weight and I want to have as much time as possible before the final fitting! :) Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I had two pairs of shoes on the day - one pair of lacy heels that I got in BHS and a pair of ivory lace/satin flats that I got in Debenhams. Both closed toe because nobody really needs to see gnarly runner feet. Could have done with half to a full size bigger in the heels - wanted to rip them off by the end of the meal and it felt really good to get into my flats!

These are my shoes:

http://www.dunelondon.com/delia-peep-toe-kitten-heel-court-shoe-0094503940149381/

Need to break them in and make sure they're not stiff on the day. Dune do a bridal range.

CBFi wrote: »
    I sat down and did some list writing last night - trying to plan out the next 4.5 months so i'm not rushing at the last minute.

Got a call last week that my dress was in - 2 months early!! - so I'm collecting it on the 15th August. How far in advance of the wedding do i need to get the dress in for alterations? I'm trying to lose weight and I want to have as much time as possible before the final fitting! :) Thanks!

I need to do a comprehensive to-do list for the next few months too. Need to find a quiet few minutes first!

I spoke with the shop where I bought my dress last week, and they said I don't need to come in for a fitting until four weeks before the wedding. I was in a similar position...just over three months to go and want to shift this final half stone and tone a bit more before I try the dress on.

I suppose talk to your alterations person first. It will depend on how busy they are and what you need to get done.

@kilareash I'm a big fan of lists - especially crossing them off! Unfortunately I've a lot more weight to lose than you but I'm working hard at it. thanks for the advice.

CBFi wrote: »
    @kilareash I'm a big fan of lists - especially crossing them off! Unfortunately I've a lot more weight to lose than you but I'm working hard at it. thanks for the advice.

I've lost a stone and a half since last October...I've just a half stone to go to my slimming world target and I'll see how I look and feel then.
    Think about the style of your dress too, I know if I loose too much weight my dress won't look right at all. You want to wear your dress, not the other way around!

• Advertisement

See now, thank ye very much ladies I shall look at all these shops. Some loverly shoes there but again they all have quite a sensible heel in them. Any of the ones I have seen in town are skyscapers or flat flats... I just don't know how the women walk in them now, im not like an old prude or anything but it just defies nature so it does being up there with the birds..

Ladies I am sure yer dresses are still fab don't worry about them. Ye will be gorgeous..

Not sure about the fitting for alterations but I would think as the tailor, cant really advise as mine is made around me.. Wish I had pushed more to loose so more pounds but feck it content on having fun now its all that matters..

The list as great to go by.... Just so you can tick things off and like that to be able to relax the last few weeks. I wanted all my stuff done by this weekend so fingers crossed we will get there...

Have some printing to do, and started decorating the tin cans again last night... and walla two weeks or pampering ahead

loving the elegant steps Dovies thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I used Elegant Steps as well, found them brilliant.
    Quick delivery and great customer service. When I received mine, it seemed one of the soles wasn't set right and every time I took a step, it squeaked.

They responded to my email very fast and once I returned the faulty pair, a new pair were shipped out nearly straight away.

If anyone is looking for high heels, I recommend Rainbow Club.
    I ordered these beauties from Elegant Steps:

http://www.elegantsteps.co.uk/diane-hassall-starry-eyed-vintage-designer-wedding-shoes

Good bit more than I intended to pay but since you could see my shoes in my dress I wanted something I really loved so I said feck it.

Got loads of compliments on the day and they were surprisingly comfortable to walk in.
    I was happy to get into the converse for dancing though ;)

Jes I just saw a pair thinking wow €880 me thinks not

They are very pretty, see it is ok to treat yourself.. Mind 800 would be madness now...

Are the sizes ok then matching lets say the irish 6? They have a great selection so they do.

Going to look at the rubyshoe there now too..

It is hard to know alright whether to go mad and funky or just get a pair to suit... I think go with what you want as I know people mean the best but at the same time sometimes I think they tell you what they want u to hear...

Got that with the makeup again mum said yeah I didn't really like it, and I was like sure why didn't you tell me that then..

• Advertisement
Advertisement