Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Milly33 wrote: »

We are nearly on the same countdown Faith!! Getting panicky about all the people there now I must say, and still surprised at a few family who are asking about rooms and that now. I am like ye have had yer invite for 5 -6 moths nearly...

Defo need a bra... Mine isn't the normal wedding dress so I will have no hold up the ladies, part to it.. ...

Totally normal about the family looking for accommodation. Most people do that last minute. The 2 weeks before my wedding I was doing a part-time accommodation booking service for people! Now it was different coz our venue we had to assign (and heavily subsidise) the rooms and there were last minute changes but also I was doing a bit of B&B booking for a few people that had left it last minute as well. I suppose I saw that it was for my own gain as if people didn't get something reasonable they mightn't come at all or might be cribbing about how much my wedding cost them or might drive - means less people drinking means wedding is less craic! I think helping peopel to find local accomm is part and parcel of organising your wedding to be honest.

Re your wedding underwaer dilemmas I'd say where you're having trouble is that your dress is halter neck. Those shapewear slips where you can wear your own bra underneath are great, but I don't think they come in halterneck? Correct me if I'm wrong now but I've only seen them with straps
    There are definitely halterneck bras available though.
    Shapewear wise if you can't find a halterneck or strapless slip you might have go with the magic knickers but then it depends on whether you decided to go for the long or short dress?
    If you're going short there's a risk the end of the magic knickers would be visible under your dress (above your knee) hmmm what shapewear options for a short halter neck dress? That's tricky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Milly. Try the marks and spencer 100 ways to wear padded a-e full slip. You can only get it online i think. Buy a few different sizes. If you are 34 ff you might get away with a 36e. You can definitely wear it halterneck and it is comfortable and cheap enough. I wore it for mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello Ladies thank you all!! Feeling betterish now just after convincing my brain not to panic..Haha disaster of a morning I nearly got stuck into the pigeons after dropping my lunch in the yard.. It would have been a match haha..

The bra I am not so worried about as the dress maker said he can make that work. It is more the shapewear.. I have the slip from Pennys but would like to wear footless tights or something.. All I see in my head is a loverly brown suit! It isn't lovely. I was looking up ones today online all day I was thinking maybe there would be shapewear leggings or tights even that would go up high I would love that. but so far only tights.. But it is something..

It is hard alright to get a nice halter neck bra and shapewear.. That's why I was thinking maybe shapewear tights might do the trick...

Thanks fits, I am going to head in early on Saturday and have a look in M&S and then BT's and then feck it ill wrap so cling film around me haha...

Do you know faith I think I am ok with doing the makeup! I think ill feel odd not matter what I do so I am going to embrace it.. I got some pearl blush from Oriflame and I will get a little darker makeup perhaps and hopefully it will work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Do you need your underwear fir first fitting??

Milly, lady in Debenhams told me today she swears by the new wonderbra strapless. I only went in to enquire so never tried it or got fitted, had the kids with me so it was a no go with them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

Hi guys, I got the wonderbra strapless but the sides are too high with my dress as the back of my dress is low. They told me to get a normal bra and they will cut the straps off. I am going out there this morning and I really hope it works as I leave for my wedding Tuesday week!

Robyn_14 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I got the wonderbra strapless but the sides are too high with my dress as the back of my dress is low. They told me to get a normal bra and they will cut the straps off. I am going out there this morning and I really hope it works as I leave for my wedding Tuesday week!

Other than the sides, did you feel supported in it? Hope you get sorted today, you kinda need to☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Could you try a low back converter kit?

But there are shapewear tights Milly? They are easy to get in Dunnes or other shops. I own several pairs

Don't really see how footless tights would be a good idea on your wedding day? The main reason for wearing tights is to prevent chafing of your feet from the shoes.

Re the shapewear slip and tights yes it is tricky to combine the two. I would go for tights underneath and then pull the slip down over the tights. If you really want to compress yourself you could wear shapewear tights and then pull the slip down over that. Just give yourself half an hour everytime you need to go for a wee :-)

Only prob with slip down over tights is slip could be seen under the bottom of dress if dress is short. Are those slips in Pennys available in white??

I take it you're going for the short dress then or you wouldn't be having these dilemmas?

I had these problems and tried the lower back convertor kit (now I just got a cheap one online) but it was cutting into me and in the end the dressmaker that was adjusting my dress just said try braless and it actually worked fine

• Advertisement

Yeah Robyn nearly there!!

I saw the wonderbra ones and asked the lady in Debs on Mahon Point and it was like I asked her to make it.. They are useless there.

I was told by the dressmaker to have the bra and the shoes so he could judge things...

No tis a long dress sticky, I just want to feel comfy or not have to worry about bits where they shouldn't be... Defo going to head to marks..

Well you see im a foot person I wear flip flops all the time the thought of having my feet in tights for the day, would be like wearing socks all day and not changing them... So I thought maybe footless tights which you can get but not support ones. From what I have seen..

haha jes I cant be taking half and hour to pee ill crack up. I was thinking that saying right if I get into all the undies before hand and be ready to pop the dress on. what if I needed to pee id be there for hours

I don't think the pennys one came in white I think it was black or tan as they call it...
    I was looking at the pigsback deals there on corsets and that but it is like 21 days delivery or 10

Yes good news too the next bridesmaid dress fitted. Delighted all done well bar shoes for them..

My nephew told his mum that she looked so much younger, like as in 30 while walking around sussing her out..

Milly you're a scream. I give up! :-) :-)

His too cute so he is.. He said the first dress (different size) was lovely but that she had to know it didn't fit her, and that there was no way it would ever fit her... Kids they are charming

I had these problems and tried the lower back convertor kit (now I just got a cheap one online) but it was cutting into me and in the end the dressmaker that was adjusting my dress just said try braless and it actually worked fine
    The dress is too low at the back for a converter :(they are going to build the bra in I hope it looks ok and keeps them up!!
    Was anyone else a bit meh when they saw their dress? I mean it's nice but it's not amazing and to be honest right now I just feel like this wedding lark is such a racket and they just suck you in with all this "you need to order NOW or you won't have a dress blah blah "
    It just looks like a lace curtain really wrapped around me tbh :(

amor3 wrote: »
    Other than the sides, did you feel supported in it? Hope you get sorted today, you kinda need to☺
    Yes it's definitely the best strapless bra I've tried and I'm a 30FF, I wear it for all other strapless dresses :)

• Advertisement

Oh no I am sure it is loverly Robyn..

How many times have you tried it on..Maybe that is it your just sick of seeing it, maybe with the hair and all that goes you will feel different..

I must say re the sucking you into the you must have a wedding dress, really got me well bothered.. As it was like you have to wear a wedding dress and you can only get these in a wedding shop. I was like but why cant I just have a really nice dress! Whats the difference...That's what I ended up doing and hopefully twill work out..

Id trust the with the bra sure let them at it...It is so hard trying to find one that will work, you would probably end up spending more money on a shop brought one...

I thought I was over this dentist issue but I must go later on and I swear I could cry now thinking about it...

The dress is too low at the back for a converter :(they are going to build the bra in I hope it looks ok and keeps them up!!
    Was anyone else a bit meh when they saw their dress? I mean it's nice but it's not amazing and to be honest right now I just feel like this wedding lark is such a racket and they just suck you in with all this "you need to order NOW or you won't have a dress blah blah "

Too low for a convertor? Wow that's low !!
    I bet it's really funky. I tried on a dress that was like a lace curtain it was funky vintage style....my mother wouldn't let me get it

Are you happy with your figure in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

If you're looking for decent strapless bras for ladies of a certain size, then the only way to go is Goddess!!

I wore one - OK, it's a 4-hooker, and VERY well boned but super comfy, kept the girls up and in shape all day. No way was I going braless...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Bridesmaid shoes and more importantly my shoes bought! Bm's cost more than mine (not telling himself) but one is paying for her own so technically they come in on budget.
    Sadly A close relative of his passed away tonight so that's totally taken the excitement out of our purchases (that sounds selfish but I don't mean it that way just pissed at the world that horrible things happen to nice people)

I'm afraid that I'm going to feel like that too Robyn. I've lost over a stone since I bought my dress and will hopefully have over two stone lost before I try on my dress again and I'm afraid it's going to look totally different. It really flattered my shape at the time, so just hope it looks as good as it did then.
    My BM wants me to make an appt to go try it on when I get my hair trial done with the shoes and everything in a week or two. Has anyone done this? Not due a fitting for 2 months

• Advertisement

My figure is ok, in the first fitting I was glad I didn't look too bumpy in it but today I just think it doesn't really have any wow factor, I just feel very disillusioned with all of it, I could have bought a stunning dress that wasn't a wedding dress for less than half the price if that makes sense!
    Next fitting is Wednesday so I hope it goes ok

Robyn_14 wrote:
    My figure is ok, in the first fitting I was glad I didn't look too bumpy in it but today I just think it doesn't really have any wow factor, I just feel very disillusioned with all of it, I could have bought a stunning dress that wasn't a wedding dress for less than half the price if that makes sense! Next fitting is Wednesday so I hope it goes ok

Did u have your hair and make up done? That will make a big difference to the overall look of the dress

kildareash wrote: »
    Did u have your hair and make up done? That will make a big difference to the overall look of the dress
    No but thanks that does make sense.
    Ladies in addition to the built in bra I'm going to invest in some boob tape can anyone recommend me some please?thanks so much

No but thanks that does make sense.
    Ladies in addition to the built in bra I'm going to invest in some boob tape can anyone recommend me some please?thanks so much

Don't know where you're based but the lingerie dpt in BTs has a great selection of all that kind of stuff, all made by the same brand actually.

Re your dress you can give it wow factor with your hair, make up and a bit of red lippy? When it's all together with your bouqet, your jewellery (which you can change now you still have time - oomph it up a bit) your hair and your make up especially eye make up and lippy. I think if you're happy with your figure in it that's a huge thing, you will feel confident on the day which will show on your face.

I think feeling disillusioned with the whole thing in the run up is normal. I definitely went through it and couldn't wait for it to be over but you will have a ball. It's a magical day

Oh ladies i am well and truly thinking this kinda feeling with the dress and bits and bobs as sticky said is true. Tried on the dress today and i was like mmmm i don't like it anymore... was so over it all today although it has been great fun walking around town with himself, must say we have so much fun but the wedding I'm like yeah twill be grand..

Called into Brown Thomas today and must say they are loverly there, well the older lady so helpful and the prices are the same as Debanams. Went to Debs too in cork and have to say they are crap in there, the staff are cronic...

Got the funkiest pair of shoes in Korkys they are like disco ball shoes i love them. not sure will the match the dress as such but no one will see them... love them

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

A woman from a really spendy bridal shop in Dublin admitted to me that there's too much hoopla about wedding dresses and reminded me that's it's not the most important thing. At the end of the day it's not about the dress, but the two of ye getting married. Of course you want to look nice, we all do, and I'm sure you will. You'll be so happy on the day, and all your family and friends will be there so happy for you, that you will glow, that will be your wow factor! Your hair and some nice lippy and you'll be fab. :-)

Didn't end up getting my dress there, but thought it was great advice and from someone trying to sell wedding dresses!

Oh that is some great advice.. How nice of her to say it.. I haven't been too gone on the dresses and have ended up going for just a fancy dress. But I always get something wrong I was really hoping this would be spot on but I'm like not sure... Well see I'm going to have a look for some cardis has any come across any nice ones in Cork

welcome to crap Monday.. Went to the shop at lunch to get a sandwich and well lets say it feel and went everywhere... I swear I hold to hold back the tears.... I was about to bawl.... Just one of those days.....

Who mentioned ordering from Fig leaves, sorry i cant remember but was the shipping fast

It's pretty quick for me when I order from there, but I'm in the UK so obviously a bit quicker than having it delivered to Ireland. It comes in branded packaging so I wouldn't necessarily get it delivered to work.

haha they would love it, nearly got caught looking it up there with the boss... Okey thanks Rainbow I was looking at a place called bare neccitites for ages but sure tis USA based

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear you don't like your dress Milly but I guess leaving it this close to the wire was always a gamble? As jaja said it is only one element of the day. I think there will be parts of the day you will be happy with and parts not - that's normal. I found the older lady in BTs lingerie dept lovely as well. Did you sort any shapewear?

Your very straight out sticky haha.. Na I think or I am hoping that it is just jitters now and like others have said trying it on again your kinda like over it or something..

Yes and no with the shapewear. I have a basque and some support tights on the way from online. I found that there was much selection out there bar spanks which I do not understand, I think they are rubbish..

Had a great hen's weekend, gained bloody 3lb but so worrh it, won't be saying that on friday for my dress fitting!

Milly I'm having nightmares that i'l hate my dress, I'm hoping it's normal, if not it will just have to do, no time to find something but could never afford to get another one anyway..

Do you need your actual wedding underwear for fittings??

In fairness I think the dress is a pretty big part of this day-when else will you get it wear such a gown in front of your fiancé, friends and family?
    Yes I think I got sucked in by the carry on and disappointed that I did but I still want to look lovely in my wedding dress. Milly, don't worry I'm sure what you have chosen is fab and there is a reason you chose it so go with it now!nothing else we can do at this stage and we should just look forward to the day
    Brown thomas didn't gave the roll of tape but managed to pick it up in another small place in town.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm married!!

It was such an incredible day. This is my first moment of downtime after it tbh! We had a day 2 BBQ and a small group of us ended up hanging out until midnight :eek:.

Everything was so perfect, and I'd recommend each and every vendor to anyone (except for a disaster with the cake, but that was a family member fûck up, not a professional).

I have permanent bruising from the boning in my dress, I suspect, but Jesus it looked great on the day. I had a waist like a wasp! Our band were absolutely outstanding as well - everyone from friends to 70 year old aunts were saying they're the best wedding band they have ever seen :)

Woohoo, congratulations Faith :)

Congrats Faith, sounds like an amazing day :)

Brilliant! Who were your band in the end? Congratulations. :D

Yeah congrats faith!! Wow you must be so happy with it all...Yepppeeee!!! So Happy for you!!

What happened with the cake, I hope it didn't put a downer on anything for ye...And the bruising I am sure will like go away eventually, use some aloe vera on it... all worth it im sure

Yeah well Wednesday will tell all with the dress now so it will....I was told to have the undies for the fitting alright just so he could tell as such, plus he was cutting my bra to fit the dress..

I ordered tights yesterday online with dress my legs and well they were here this morning look perfect.. Still laughing as I always get the size wrong I hope they are ok I have short legs so it is hard to know..

• Advertisement

Lol Milly, I discovered that I had similar stumpy leg issues with the bridal stockings I had bought on the morning of my wedding! Was between sizes, ordered the bigger one, they were both too big and too long :eek:

Thankfully I had some contingency tights which worked perfectly :)

haha its so funny isn't it. Well it is and it isn't you think we would learn but nope.. Thank god you had back up. I got two pairs of the one too just incase.

Skitting I remember getting a pair of the suspender ones or stockings, thinking sure you cant go wrong.. Well you can when the little bit of lastic goes all the way past your arse and you need more leg....

I just measured the pair of footless leggings and they go all the way up to my boobs :) hopefully they will hold in the tum and will work

haha its so funny isn't it. Well it is and it isn't you think we would learn but nope.. Thank god you had back up. I got two pairs of the one too just incase.

Skitting I remember getting a pair of the suspender ones or stockings, thinking sure you cant go wrong.. Well you can when the little bit of lastic goes all the way past your arse and you need more leg....

I just measured the pair of footless leggings and they go all the way up to my boobs :) hopefully they will hold in the tum and will work

I bought some stockings a few months back trying to be all nice and sexy...they looked horrendous on me. Don't know how anyone wears them!

Where did ye order your underwear from? First day back in work after a week off and I need a distraction!

Speaking of bridal mishaps. I have very narrow shoulders and was worried my dress would keep falling off them so stuck it on with tape. It worked really well, too well in fact on one side. When i was taking it off my left shoulder the top layer of skin came with it. Ouchy!!!

kildareash wrote: »
    Where did ye order your underwear from? First day back in work after a week off and I need a distraction!

I got the 100 ways to wear slip from m&s for under bridal gown. I got the honeymoon stuff from fulldisclosureluxe.com (pricey but great service and sale on right now)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks all! Fits, we had a 5-piece set up of The Bentley Boys, and their DJ. They were OUTSTANDING, both live and the DJ set.

The cake didn't affect the day at all. I walked in to the room and thought it was the wrong cake. The decoration was totally wrong. Seems the family member just wasn't up to the job she promised she could do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Faith I was waiting for you to come back and report, delighted ye had a great day now. I think the dress will always catch somewhere, I'd marks where it was digging in under my arms, totally worth it.

Being married is the best :)

Being married is the best :)

Amen to that :)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

When its properly fitted to your figure it will be a lot different. :) Then add in the hair, makeup and excitement of the day to give you a glow, and you'll look gorgeous.

That tape can be dangerous alright, took some boob off one day too with it.. Again aloe works a gem.. The things we ladies do, we should be awarded afterwards..

I have gone and ordered one of these corset waist trainer things, dying to try them out... I have one kinda of one already which is good alright..

The M&S in cork was really crap then as I didn't see any 100 way slip there and the staff weren't helpful at all.. shame..

T
    I

The M&S in cork was really crap then as I didn't see any 100 way slip there and the staff weren't helpful at all.. shame..

Order it online. Get a couple of sizes and return what doesnt fit. I have never seen it in a store either. They are quick to deliver.

• Advertisement
Advertisement