Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Went to collect my dress yesterday and it looked amazing. I had made changes to it and those weren't quite right but they said they could make them right.

Just need to sort out good underwear!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

CBFi wrote: »
    Went to collect my dress yesterday and it looked amazing. I had made changes to it and those weren't quite right but they said they could make them right.

Just need to sort out good underwear!
    That's great! I too need to get underwear and am going to go to BT tomorrow. Can anyone recommend good shapewear briefs? It's a destination wedding so they need to be light. Looking at wacoal and Triumph-I don't want a full suit up to the bra . Any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Did up our final guest list last night and we're just at 230! feck! We were hoping for about 150-180.
    Let's hope a lot of those people are busy that weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

OMG Kildareash.. oh wait wait sorry this is just the guest list you haven't sent the invites out yet have you? See now this is there the whole wave thing comes into it... We sent all the invites abroad first and waited maybe to hear, of course close friends then but you see where I am going..

Youll be fine we have 150 and we are done to 104...

fours days to go..I bleached my teeth last night and man I remember why I wanted to do it sooner but sure hopefully the gums will be ok by Friday..

Congrats with the dress... BT was actually great for bras, the fantasie range is fab for fuller bust, they sell them in Debanams too.. shapewear I defo think the ones they sell in pennys are every bit as good as they sell elsewhere and a lot less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We invited 100 and ended up with around 75 on the day. Guest lists have a way of trimming themselves down for all sorts of reasons. If you've got a strict capacity limit on the venue though I would be a bit careful, just in case!

• Advertisement

I hope you're right ladies! OH remembered two more couples this morning that we'd forgotten about. So 230+ now!!:eek::eek::eek:

I must check with the venue first, as I know we had provisionally said 180.

I know this sounds big headed and I don't mean it to be that way, but that is just family and our closest friends. We know there is 2 people abroad that won't be coming back, and two other couples that will either have newborns or be ready to pop that might not make it, but that's it. Were ye surprised by people that didn't go?

OH is absolutely adamant that we're not following up with anyone who doesn't RSVP, and it will be there problem if they turn up on the day! :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

kildareash wrote: »
    I must check with the venue first, as I know we had provisionally said 180.

OH is absolutely adamant that we're not following up with anyone who doesn't RSVP, and it will be there problem if they turn up on the day! :o:o

Yep check with the venue before you send out the invites. If the room only holds a certain number you may need to get the red pen out!
    Not following up? - Let us know how that works out for him lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

We had a list of 140+ to invite with many friends and family abroad and a strict capacity of 100. It was a nightmare and we did invite the foreign folk first. Final number was 85. It was plenty!

Dovies wrote: »
    Yep check with the venue before you send out the invites. If the room only holds a certain number you may need to get the red pen out!
    Not following up? - Let us know how that works out for him lol :rolleyes:

I know! Needless to say I'll be looking after that! Well it's most likely going to be some of his relatives, so I'll pass it on to his mam!

I'm pretty sure the room can take the kind of numbers we're talking about though.
    fits wrote: »
    We had a list of 140+ to invite with many friends and family abroad and a strict capacity of 100. It was a nightmare and we did invite the foreign folk first. Final number was 85. It was plenty!

I would love 85, but I have a big immediate family and he has a big extended family - no happy medium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Hah, this is how my boyfriend feels too :D We'll see :cool::p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We invited ~160 and ended up with ~110. That was actually the most stressful part for us. We expected a minimum of 130 when we really carefully looked at who might not be able to make it, and we were really shocked by the people who didn't come.

We also had several drop outs in the last couple of days, after the seating plan has long been finalised and submitted. I was redoing it with the wedding coordinator 24 hours before the reception. Nightmare!
    Malari wrote: »
    Hah, this is how my boyfriend feels too :D We'll see :cool::p

Are you guys making the leap? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Faith wrote: »

Are you guys making the leap? :)

Yeah! Later this year. ;)

Malari wrote: »
    Yeah! Later this year. ;)

Awesome, congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I have three and a half weeks to go. I get so nervous when I read this thread cause you're all so organised. I'm really organised, but underwear and centre candles have not crossed my mind once. Then I get annoyed that I haven't thought about them. Lol.
    We only had 4 people rsvp No to ours. There's a couple that I completely forgot to invite and now I feel it's too late to invite them, it would look really bad.

Other than that I have no jewellery, none for my bridesmaids and no gifts for any of the bridal party yet. Eek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

So many of you approaching your big days, exciting!! Can't wait to see your photos, don't forget to post some in the pictures thread :)

emzolita, don't panic! You still have plenty of time. When you go shopping for the jewellery, bring your mam or a friend with you to help you pick something out as you're going to be on stress mode and will find it hard to decide, speaking from experience :p

Hopefully when the day itself arrives you'll be like me and an eerie sense of calm will descend upon you.

One hour before we were due to leave my mam's house, my maid of honour's zip split and my dress's zip got stuck. I still have this image in my head of my bridesmaid sitting on the bed in her undies as I'm propping myself up against the wall with my hands as my brother, dad and sister-in-law are all behind me trying to get the zip unstuck. My bridesmaid said I had this strange calm look on my face :D

Everything will work out in the end and if you do forget a candle stick or something like that you can be guaranteed no one will notice.

So jealous of ye, wish I could enjoy my big day again!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭CorkClaire82

When I read some of these posts I realise how little I actually did of some stuff. The skirt of my dress was big with loads of layers so I never even thought of underwear (didn't need a bra) and was gonna wear my bog standard big girl knickers until my mother heard and was aghast so went to Dunnes the day before (and got white big girl knickers :P)!!! My jewelry was going to be borrowed from my mum until my parents gave me a necklace and on the morning there were 4 of us deciding which necklace was nicer (the new present one). The one I was going to borrow was given to my sister/bm to wear then as I hadn't bought her any jewelry. I ordered my flowers 2 days beforehand as Mam was meant to do them but then was so stressed (despite me telling her I didn't care what she did) we told her she couldn't. They were absolutely stunning.

This is all just to illustrate that while being organised is great and obviously preferable, not being organised is fine if that's the kind of person you are. I'm super organised but with the things above they weren't something I'd worry about so didn't, and it all worked out fine.

Its true! I only decided on my hairstyle and jewellery that morning. And on the veil the last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

emzolita wrote: »
    There's a couple that I completely forgot to invite and now I feel it's too late to invite them, it would look really bad.

Do they know you forgot to invite them? If not you could call them as say that you still haven't received their RSVP and pretend the invite got lost in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

I hope you're right ladies! OH remembered two more couples this morning that we'd forgotten about. So 230+ now!!:eek::eek::eek:

Were ye surprised by people that didn't go?

It'll be fantastic! The more the merrier :)
    We had a max capacity of 180 and invited around 200 I'd say or more....ended up with 150

I wasn't really surprised by any of the people that couldn't go. They were basically all the ones we had predicted wouldn't be able to make it. Ye already know if there are any doubtfuls (in our case it was mostly people living abroad) but the unknown is the percentage of the people on your list that have other committments on that date that you can't possibly know about now, but there will defo be at least 5-10% ? of the guests in that category.

It'll be fantastic! The more the merrier We had a max capacity of 180 and invited around 200 I'd say or more....ended up with 150

Thanks sticky. I don't think we'll regret having a big wedding, it certainly seems easier to invite everyone than be selective and cause yourself grief and hardship.
    And it's really touching the effort that some people make to attend your wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

2 Days Left to Go and must say this week hasn't gone to plan at all at all.. well it has getting things done but not for me how I wanted to be ready... wanted to be out going for lots or walks and runs but nope I just got a cole fecks sake..Going to go get some Sudafed and hope it works

Good luck with rest of preps milly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Would anybody have a template for inserts for wedding invitations?
    Ive made my own invitations and I really want to start doing up the inserts but Im not the best with microsoft word etc and cant figure out how to do it!!!(Put two framed on the same page!)

Photographer is working on our photos. We will have them next week. Cant wait to see them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Photographer is working on our photos. We will have them next week. Cant wait to see them!

Who was your photographer fits?

Darek Novak. He was an absolute pleasure to have around on the day. Completely uninvasive. Very nice guy.

Darek Novak. He was an absolute pleasure to have around on the day. Completely uninvasive. Very nice guy.

Know him well through my work and I love dealing with him. He's very professional

Went for a pre - fitting fitting today with my bridesmaids and I loved loved loved the dress :)
    I wanted to do hair and makeup trial too to see the whole look together but it just didn't work out that way so OH'S mam made me up this morn. For anyone that's still to get married I 100% recommend doing it.
    I thought I was going to go with one type of hair accessory and a particular look but it didn't suit at all. I'm so so happy tonight :)

Best of luck for Friday Milly. Sorry to hear your unwell this week. Hopefully you will get to rest up and be feeling better before the big day!

Good luck in the final countdown Milly......adrenalin should sort that cold out for ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Milly i hope you start feeling better soon. Maybea few hot whiskeys will sort you out. best of luck

Best of luck Milly, fingers crossed for nice weather :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Best wishes for tomorrow milly, can't wait to hear about it xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Best of luck Milly. Have the best day. And just go with it. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Best wishes Milly!! Enjoy every moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Best of luck for tomorrow Milly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hope you have a fab day Milly.

Enjoy Milly! :)

Looking good for weather Milly - no rain tomorrow in Fermoy even though there was rain today and there's rain on Sat & Sunday, good timing !! Hope everything else goes as smoothly and have a fantastic day !!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Wishing you a very well deserved wonderful day today Milly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hope you are having a great day Milly.

• Advertisement

Can't wait for Milly to come back and update us on how her day went! Hope the weather held up for her.

Was sick last week and cldnt exercise, so back into it with a bang this morning. I won't be fit to walk later! Just a little over 2 months left now! But I feel like I have everything under control.

Does anyone have a comprehensive final weeks to-do list that they wouldn't mind sharing? Just so I can make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

For thank you cards, did you wait to get the professional pictures and send them then, or just send ones without a picture? Our pictures won't be available for another month or so, and I'm afraid I'll totally lose motivation to do thoughtful, individualised cards by then.

You could write them now and put in a printed photo when they come.

Im going to have to start at ours next week.

I was more thinking of using a picture as the card design, rather than including a physical picture :). I'm looking on vistaprint and a huge number of thank you cards there are the 'upload your own picture' type.

/edit: Or is it standard practice to include a physical picture too? One for all, or an individual print relevant to each guest?

We didnt realise this about the thank you cards ( ie the photograph on cover) until after we'd ordered them with the invites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Faith any thank you cards I've received have been the professional ones and some have been a month or 2 after the actual wedding.

Actually, maybe even longer now i think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

For thank you cards, did you wait to get the professional pictures and send them then, or just send ones without a picture? Our pictures won't be available for another month or so, and I'm afraid I'll totally lose motivation to do thoughtful, individualised cards by then.

We wanted to send out the thank you cards asap so I uploaded a photo a friend had taken that we really liked to one of the websites where you can customise thank you cards with your own photo on the front cover. Worked out well and the cards were sent a few weeks after the wedding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I'm going to wait for the professional photographs. Though it is killing me! I know the photographer has photographs of us that no one else has that I want to use. The official etiquette is to send thank you cards before the first anniversary and I've definitely gotten plenty 10 months after the event. I want mine sent asap though.

If I have a nice photo of guests at the wedding I plan to print it and include it in the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

We had our professional photos within a couple of weeks of the wedding so used one of those on the thank you cards. I had intended trying to include a nice photo of each guest with their card, but that ended up being too much effort, so they just got the cards!

• Advertisement
Advertisement