Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 brides!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

kildareash wrote: »
    There are often deals on Groupon and livingsocial type websites for albums.

I think it's no harm to sit on the pics for a few months before deciding on what u want in an album

The photographer we've gone with has said we can decide afterwards if we want the album or not, so there's no hurry on that front, at least. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

There are often deals on Groupon and livingsocial type websites for albums.

I think it's no harm to sit on the pics for a few months before deciding on what u want in an album

I got 2 of these and i'm going to do ones for the mothersasa pressie. I f i think they look good i might do our own one as well. My sister had the same photographer and got an album so i can compare the photo quality of the albums i do versus the photographers. If there is a noticeable diffence i'll probably get him to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

I've already paid for my album - a photobook - it was included in my package so I'd be a fair eejit if I don't get back to them ever and just dont'get the album I paid for.

However I can see how it would happen. You move onto other things and it just gets put on the back burner.....

Gonna make a start on it this weekend. It's lashing rain at the moment so if that keeps up - perfect I wont'have any distractions thinking we should be going out

Another thing is - let's face it I only have this year to show the album off. No-one's gonna be interested in looking at the album 1 year after the wedding or even 6 months. The time to have it and show it to people is in the aftermath of the wedding when people are still talking about it etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Two months to go....aghhhhhhhhh!

I think I shld start panicking now!

Two months to go....aghhhhhhhhh!

I think I shld start panicking now!

Don't panic! I've about 2 months to go as well. S'all good :)

Malari wrote:
    Don't panic! I've about 2 months to go as well. S'all good

Both himself and the MIL have had wedding nightmares...i'm totally chilled out!ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah man I so wish I could back to it all now.. Just remember ladies to take it all in as it goes by like a whirlwind...

First Birthday today as a wife! OMG sounds weird still im like can we can back to fancy man and fancy women..

Do ye have much more left to do?

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ah man I so wish I could back to it all now.. Just remember ladies to take it all in as it goes by like a whirlwind...

First Birthday today as a wife! OMG sounds weird still im like can we can back to fancy man and fancy women..

Nah, nothing much. Have to go to the hotel and pick some wines I guess. And I need shoes. But that's easy and fun ;)

Ohh wines yummie mind im nearly sick of wine now.. Shoes yeah, best of luck with the shopping.. After ordering from them now Korkys online or china blue in Dublin are great if you are looking.

I think I'd have to try on shoes, rather than order online, unless I knew the brand. And sure that's half the fun :D

• Advertisement

Oh yes most defiantly it is good to try them. But sometimes dya know when there is just lets say a sparkle out of place or something in a pair or they have just one pair left, then tis good to order online from them... I ended up doing this with korkys and they were fab free delivery in all..

Aw happy birthday Milly.

Invites still not printed :mad::mad:
    We still have all the DIY we've been planning to do all year, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't matter!
    He had his stag last weekend and my hen is in 2 weeks, so we'll get into it after that :pac:

Thank you another year older and no wiser

Oh dear she is being very trying id say, Id nearly tell her to leave it off at this stage... And get them done elsewhere sure if she waits much longer the time will be gone...

best of luck with the diy sure if tis meant to be it will work out...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Aw happy birthday Milly.

Invites still not printed :mad::mad:
    We still have all the DIY we've been planning to do all year, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't matter!
    He had his stag last weekend and my hen is in 2 weeks, so we'll get into it after that :pac:

Hi was looking at this thread as a 2016 bride for tips etc. Saw about your invites and found this
    http://onefabday.com/ie/free-wedding-invitation-suite-printables-by-appleberry-press/

Don't know if its any use :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

So frustrating, ash!

Malari, are you getting married in Cork?

Happy birthday Milly!

I saw a bride and groom taking pictures yesterday and it made me want to go back to my day so badly! Why do you only get one day?! :D I'm tempted to have my dress shipped over and to take pictures over here in it, because it's such an outstandingly beautiful part of the world... ;)

Ohh you so should Faith go for it and thank you.. Get that dress shipped and go around and take lots of pics.. I used to think it was kinda silly people getting pics done before or after the wedding day itself, but I get it now... And you have no stress of ruining the dress as you are comfortable in it and your not as stressed... You should!!

I am determined now to enjoy everything... Was thinking of getting those photos in the Geragh maybe in a few months time or the end of the month just as a nice memory, she got back to me so she will do it alright for not that much...

We should all meet up in the new year in our dresses haha that would be gas

I don't know if we were super-organised or what, but our invites went out about 3 weeks ago!

We are getting married in Cork, Faith. In the registry office ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Four Days to go, I can't believe how quick it's come around.
    I still have a few bits to do, having my final dress fitting tomorrow, and getting the dress tomorrow evening. Then I have to bring all the decor to the hotel on Wed for them to put out... im afraid they wont put it out the way I want. lol.

Happy Birthday Milly x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Good luck emzolita!

Im abroad for two weeks with work now. Nothing much has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

3 months from this Friday. We're really procrastinating on planning the ceremony and boring stuff like the guest list. We must get serious!

Bag came today from Etsy, it's gorgeous.

I'd say I'll be the last bride on this forum....;D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

CBFi wrote: »
    3 months from this Friday. We're really procrastinating on planning the ceremony and boring stuff like the guest list. We must get serious!

Bag came today from Etsy, it's gorgeous.

I'd say I'll be the last bride on this forum....;D

So you are the 11th of Dec? I am the day after you! :-)

Jes we were way ahead of our game.... We had the invites out done and dusted around 3 months before the wedding itself, sent the last ones then around 2 months beforehand...

I would get planning the ceremony and make sure everyone knows what they are doing tis amazing how fast the last few weeks will go before the wedding...

emzolita wrote: »
    Four Days to go, I can't believe how quick it's come around.
    I still have a few bits to do, having my final dress fitting tomorrow, and getting the dress tomorrow evening. Then I have to bring all the decor to the hotel on Wed for them to put out... im afraid they wont put it out the way I want. lol.

Best of luck emzolita. DOn't stress too much about the decor, remember you are the only one that knows exactly what you planned so as long as it's pretty your guests won't notice if things aren't exactly what you planned.

If i were you i'd focus on a couple of things and impress on the hotel how you want these. Even include a photo for reference.

I included lots of signs with my DIY items they acted as pointers for the hotel and also let guests know what things were for.

Yes most defiantly Emzolita... Although it is hard to face only you know what it is suppose to look like so don't be too harsh on yourself... I really put a downer on myself for this..

best of luck on the day cant wait to hear back

I had absolutely no input into decor at the hotel for mine, and I loved it. I ordered a backdrop for the room and gave them a guestbook and a few bits, but other than that, the hotel just did their thing. It was great because I didn't stress about it at all, and it looked fabulous there. So just try to trust the hotel staff, emzolita! Presumably you picked it as a venue because you love it, so you'll still love it even if it's not arranged exactly as you'd do it yourself :)

• Advertisement

I left hotel to their own devices too and they did a fine job.

Our venue was very accommodating is asking if we want to bring in anything, have a playlist, all that shenanigans, but I couldn't be bothered :D As long as the food is good and the drink is plentiful I don't mind.

jaja321 wrote: »
    So you are the 11th of Dec? I am the day after you! :-)[/QUOTE

Sorry the 4th actually - I meant 12 weeks. That's the way I'm counting it in my head as I figure every day counts at this stage! Are you all set?

We won't be sending invites until early October as there's another family wedding before us.

CBFi wrote: »
    So you are the 11th of Dec? I am the day after you! :-)[/QUOTE

Sorry the 4th actually - I meant 12 weeks. That's the way I'm counting it in my head as I figure every day counts at this stage! Are you all set?

We won't be sending invites until early October as there's anotheer family wedding before us.

Getting there! Hoping to have invites ready to send out soon. Probably going to start with overseas invites and then send the rest after. Time is flying by though!

How long before wedding did others send out their invites out of curiosity??

I know we were very early but I hate getting wedding invites late myself, or like a month beforehand. We had ours sent out to everyone overseas around 4 months nearly beforehand and then the rest between 3 - 2 months

• Advertisement

About 2 and a half months. So that would give them 6 weeks to RSVP.

We had ours out 3 months before the wedding but it was summer and people would want to be making plans.

I know we were very early but I hate getting wedding invites late myself, or like a month beforehand. We had ours sent out to everyone overseas around 4 months nearly beforehand and then the rest between 3 - 2 months

Thanks Milly. I'm hoping to send out the overseas next week, not too many of them tbh and everyone knows the date. So that's 3 months notice. Will probably send the rest 2 months beforehand, hope that will be ok!

Thanks Milly. I'm hoping to send out the overseas next week, not too many of them tbh and everyone knows the date. So that's 3 months notice. Will probably send the rest 2 months beforehand, hope that will be ok!
    Thats plenty of time. The majority of people know the date anyway. I just like getting the invite so i know what time it starts so ican make any hair and makeup appointments

Sent mine 3.5 mo before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We sent ours in January with a Feb 28 RSVP deadline for late May - we had a lot of people who needed to travel so gave them plenty of notice.

I'm giving 4 weeks to rsvp and I will have 3 weeks for follow ups then.
    I figure the date is irrelevant to some people so doesn't matter how long u give them!
    Shld have first batch of invites tomorrow eve and the rest next week.

It's almost my hen weekend! Beyond excited :)

Enjoy, ash! Do you know what's happening for it?

Have a blast

• Advertisement

Faith wrote:
    Enjoy, ash! Do you know what's happening for it?

Yeah I know most of the details, I'm a bit of a control freak! There are a couple of surprises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Enjoy your weekend ash..

Can't believe I'm getting married tomorrow!! I can't believe how calm i have been. I'm usually a major stress head, still waiting on the meltdown to happen :-)

I think I'm going to ring the registry office today and just make sure they have us booked in, haha! I think the only thing that would cause me to have a meltdown is if no one actually shows up to marry us!

Best of luck tomorrow amor3 !!!

Best of luck amor...have a fantastic day

Have a wonderful day amor

Enjoy, amor! It will be fantastic!

As an aside, a colleague of mine got married the first weekend in September, in Calgary in canada. She had a gorgeous outdoor ceremony planned and had picked the venue because of the gorgeous grounds. She woke up on the morning of her wedding and it was SNOWING. In September. Still summer. They still went ahead with the outdoor ceremony though. I suppose it shows irish weather isn't quite as unpredictable as it could be!

Ha it snowed here (Finland) on September 23rd last year. Unusual but it can happen. Id say she got a fright!

Getting really excited about my hen now - 3 weeks! Good luck to everyone with hens/weddings this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

On my honeymoon now. Havin an amazing time. The planning is all worth it in the end, really is.

Advertisement