Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Off Licenses in D15

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

That was me alright!
    Turns out I have a trolley sized appetite for beer but a basket sized budget :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The Carpenter tends to have good deals in their off licence on German beers.

Don't make it up there much these days as I'm on the other side of the tracks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The Carpenter tends to have good deals in their off licence on German beers.

They have karmeliten kloster dunkel and doppelbock and are worth trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

anyone know where i can get mcgargles? Molloys dont have it (yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm sure the off licence that kicked off this thread, Carry Out, has it. Might be best to ring to be sure as it might be a similar looking bottle I've seen in there.

• Advertisement

folan wrote: »

Tesco has it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Tesco in Roselawn had it last week.

hmm, there was none that i saw in tesco last night, I must return and have a better look. Cheers folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Don't make it up there much these days as I'm on the other side of the tracks now.
    Trying to work out if you have just moved house or are winning the fight with the drink demons :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

dodzy wrote: »
    Trying to work out if you have just moved house or are winning the fight with the drink demons :D

Little from Column A, little from Column B, except losing the fight. We had a kid at the start of the year and he's presently taking up my drinking time. :(

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »

possibly losing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Beer, lager, IPA, stout? All very good from my point of view:

Hilden Twisted Hop
    Boston Lager
    Brewdog Fake Beer
    Blacks Kinsale Pale Ale
    Kinnegar Limeburner

I'm a big IPA fan and going to pick up a few different ones tonight.

Recommend any from Molloys as well as Blacks Kinsale Pale Ale?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Brookyln EIPA is good (actually I meant Brooklyn and not Boston Lager in my previous post), Brewdog Punk is OK and Flipside is worth a try in fact try 'em all!

Caliden wrote: »
    Recommend any from Molloys as well as Blacks Kinsale Pale Ale?

Blacks Kinsale IPA, one great black IPA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I was up there last night and their range has increased alot of the last few weeks which is impressive now.

A major DIPA was picked up by myself last night.
    Mikkeller 1000 IBU for the ultimate Hop kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Tesco charging a bit much for it, considering their volumes. Offy at The Bell pub sells them all for €2 each I think. And the Carpenter has a deal right now, 6 McGrargels for €10!

BTW, I find Molloys overall has lots of stock and floor space, but their prices are terrible. E.g. The best "speciality" beer deal I saw there was 3 for €9. Same with their wine prices.

If nothing else head to Molloys to pick up a bottle of Eight degrees Amberella. It recived bronze at the world beer cup in denver last Saturday in America amber, amazing for a non US beer to do so well is such a classic american category. .

They also have bottles of: Of foam and fury by Galway bay/cottage group, rated Irelands No beer last year

• Registered Users Posts: 16 nplunkett

Molloys have 5 for €10 on eight degrees (excl amber ella), 5 for €10 on Franciscan well and 5 for €9 on creans lager, the 3 for €9 is on 50cl btls!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

nplunkett wrote: »
    Molloys have 5 for €10 on eight degrees (excl amber ella), 5 for €10 on Franciscan well and 5 for €9 on creans lager, the 3 for €9 is on 50cl btls!!!

I got 5 Amber Ella for 10 on Thursday.
    Must have been lucky or a mistake.

Advertisement