Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennent's Vital 2014

Options
  • 21-03-2014 6:48pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tennent's Vital fans, we're back for 2014! We will be making our first big announcement this Tuesday.

10150709_632303506839370_1129950323_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

With T Vital sharing with V are the killers a possibility or Blink?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

eldest200 wrote: »
    With T Vital sharing with V are the killers a possibility or Blink?

With Killers playing EP 2012 , Pheonix Park 2013 would they still be able to get a big crowd ?

Yea can see maybe Blink with Paramore and You Me At Six or something?

With Killers playing EP 2012 , Pheonix Park 2013 would they still be able to get a big crowd ?

Yea can see maybe Blink with Paramore and You Me At Six or something?

Can see something like that if its on during 12 - 14 of August Paramore probably won't be there as there're in the US if not the killers maybe JT?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Reading is Blink's only gig so rule them out!

JamieHP wrote: »
    Reading is Blink's only gig so rule them out!

Well its their only UK shows so you are prob right it would prob rule because of that . Maybe Bruno Mars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Are there any bands big enough touring at the time? None of the Reading headliners are big enough.

Mushy wrote: »
    Are there any bands big enough touring at the time? None of the Reading headliners are big enough.

Biffy are touring in August, but with them playing dublin I'm not sure if they'll headline

Biffy are touring in August, but with them playing dublin I'm not sure if they'll headline

With gigs in Cork and Dublin I'd be surprised if they played. But they would be nowhere near big enough for this.

With gigs in Cork and Dublin I'd be surprised if they played. But they would be nowhere near big enough for this.

Yea agreed if they did play they would support act

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

pearl jam, kasabian, john mayer maybe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Queens of the Stone Age could do it I'd say. Definitely big enough if the recent sold out O2 and almost sold out Odyessy shows are anything to go by!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Paramore I'd say, based off the most recent album, are certainly big enough..

Think both them and QOTSA are UK Exclusives to Reading though?..

bennyl10 wrote: »

I dont think they are really. Like the capacity is well in excess of 30k, if not 40k, its a huge leap. I mean that for qotsa too.

Would love it to be qotsa, but itd be a big ask.

bennyl10 wrote: »

Nope Queens are playing all over Europe this summer . Paramore not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Green Day must be due back in Europe after cancelling most of their last tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Nugget89 wrote: »

No they didn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Nugget89 wrote: »

Green Day completed their EUrope tour.. Cancelled US only.

QOatSA,are UK exclusives for reading I think.. Know theure all over Europe..
    Paramore are with fall out boy all summer until a week before reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Bit unusual that there isn't a Queens Irish date yet, I'd gladly take T-vital over nothing

Bit unusual that there isn't a Queens Irish date yet, I'd gladly take T-vital over nothing

Same but would rather they play EP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Same but would rather they play EP :)
    They'd hardly play EP now as it appears headliners announced unless Portishead play a late set or something?

Last year vital was 14-16 but previous years was on after 20th so if it reverts which prob will Queens and Paramore would be in the frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 otumelty

http://www.xfm.co.uk/festivals/reading-and-leeds/news/queens-of-the-stone-age-paramore-to-co-headline/

Says on this it's a UK exclusive, as is The killers, and Justin Timberlake at V Festival (not too bothered about that last one)

I'm thinking blink possibly, and more probably the prodigy, and hopefully kasabIan.

EDIT: Blink is an exclusive aswell, why can't they all share? It's not like tennents vital is going to steal market share from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ABCDDEE

Arctic Monkeys/Queens Of The Stone Age
    Calvin Harris/Tiesto
    The Killers/Paolo Nutini

otumelty wrote: »
    http://www.xfm.co.uk/festivals/reading-and-leeds/news/queens-of-the-stone-age-paramore-to-co-headline/

Says on this it's a UK exclusive, as is The killers, and Justin Timberlake at V Festival (not too bothered about that last one)

I'm thinking blink possibly, and more probably the prodigy, and hopefully kasabIan.

EDIT: Blink is an exclusive aswell, why can't they all share? It's not like tennents vital is going to steal market share from them!

What about Foo Fighters playing both Reading and Belfast in 2012?

What about Foo Fighters playing both Reading and Belfast in 2012?

Couldn't be sure, don't know if that was a UK exclusive, I know the ones I've mentioned I've checked and it says UK exclusive performance on the news articles :/

So any ideas/strong rumours? Announcements at half 7

For the first time ever, I haven't heard of any, apparently they are sending teaser photos through snapchat as to who it is however I don'thave snapchat so I can't say for sure, hopefully kasabian, maybe prodigy, probably snow patrol, because let's be honest, it's always snow patrol.

Only 5 hours to go until our first line-up announcement for this summer's Tennent's Vital!

otumelty wrote: »
    probably snow patrol, because let's be honest, it's always snow patrol.

Haha and if not them it's the bloody Killers!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Just a friendly reminder - last year there was a month's wait in between the 1st Headliner and 2nd Headliner being announced. It's the same again this year.

I remember a few years ago when Foo Fighters supported by Black Keys announced. You can imagine my disappointment when Kings of Leon and Snow Patrol were announced last year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I might get shot for saying this, but I wouldn't actually mind the killers. I saw them many moons ago (04,05) and to be honest, they were **** so I always avoided their gigs, however good the albums were, but recent videos show that Brandon flowers seems to have developed charisma, and now I'm annoyed I've missed the 26 gigs they've played since 2010

Advertisement