Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennent's Vital 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

TJ Mackie wrote: »
    Just a friendly reminder - last year there was a month's wait in between the 1st Headliner and 2nd Headliner being announced. It's the same again this year.

I remember a few years ago when Foo Fighters supported by Black Keys announced. You can imagine my disappointment when Kings of Leon and Snow Patrol were announced last year :(

That was August 2012. Two great days were had. Stone Roses played the second night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Foo Fighters supported by The Black Keys was a savage gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dwight_schrute

Radio Foyle tweeted this afternoon that The Killers and Bastille were the first acts announced then seemed to delete it since. Press release that they put out a bit earlier than they were supposed to perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Foo Fighters supported by The Black Keys was a savage gig :)

Still raging I missed that

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ABCDDEE

It is The Killers + Support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKpeqNwDt0E&feature=youtu.be

The Killers and Bastille

Awful announcement in my opinion :/

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Very disappointing :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

JackMcA wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKpeqNwDt0E&feature=youtu.be

The Killers and Bastille

Awful announcement in my opinion :/
    It's not gonna win any awards, thats for sure. But as far as fun, singalong in the (hopefully) Sun goes, I'm looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Wonder how long the wait will be till they announce the lineup for the other two nights?

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    It's not gonna win any awards, thats for sure. But as far as fun, singalong in the (hopefully) Sun goes, I'm looking forward to it.

if you like them it would be a great gig. id say the crowd will be buzzing

if you like them it would be a great gig. id say the crowd will be buzzing

Exactly, I'd say this would have no problem shifting 20k+ tickets, and as long as they keep to the hits it'll be grand. Not every gig has to be Springsteen.

If the other headliners aren't JT and ed sheeran I'll be shocked.

If the other headliners aren't JT and ed sheeran I'll be shocked.

get ready to be shocked then .. ed sheeran playing in the oddessy and o2 in october

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Haha and if not them it's the bloody Killers!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.......Oh dear

get ready to be shocked then .. ed sheeran playing in the oddessy and o2 in october
    Fair enough, just checked the v lineup and he popped out at me. JT with lily allen it is so.

Fair enough, just checked the v lineup and he popped out at me. JT with lily allen it is so.

Lily Allen is playing EP

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Who will the other headliners be? The Prodigy? Kasabian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Well that was a truly terrible announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I'd rather burn my money than go to that gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Seems like I'm going against the grain in considering going to this then. I can't say I know much about this event though, is it a yearly thing? What kinda crowd goes? I doubt it will sell out, I remember tickets for The Killers in Phoenix Park sold badly last year and it was during the amazing weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

That's because the Killers play here at least once a year, often twice and have done for the past god knows how many years. But promoters book them because people keep going, inexplicably.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I think that would be a slight exaggeration. They played twice in 2013 (o2 and phoenix park) and then once in 2012 (EP) and before that I don't think they played in Ireland since 2009 (oxegen). So that would be a three year gap if my memory is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Celtise wrote: »
    I think that would be a slight exaggeration. They played twice in 2013 (o2 and phoenix park) and then once in 2012 (EP) and before that I don't think they played in Ireland since 2009 (oxegen). So that would be a three year gap if my memory is correct.

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=the+killers+ireland

Electric Picnic in 2012, I am always shocked how they play so often they are TERRIBLE live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

EyesClosed wrote: »
    http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=the+killers+ireland

Electric Picnic in 2012, I am always shocked how they play so often they are TERRIBLE live

That's your personal opinion. My personal opinion is that The Killers have improved massively as far as live sets go in the past few years. Brandon Flowers has developed into a top frontman and knows how to work a large crowd.

The O2 performance last February was probably the best I've seen them perform.

The Killers have enough popularity here to sell these large shows (PP didn't obviously sell as well as expected). EP Sunday sales were dramatically increased and the O2 gig sold out in minutes. Tennents Vital will have no problem in shifting 25k + tickets for this.

In fairness to them, not many "terrible" bands get the opportunity to play the likes of Wembley Stadium and headline almost every large scale festival at some stage in the past 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Any chance of alesso playing the second date?

Any chance of alesso playing the second date?

Could see Calvin Harris too??? Was gonna say Avicci but he played last year

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Could see Calvin Harris too??? Was gonna say Avicci but he played last year
    Don't know would Calvin Harris play in Ireland so soon after playing in the 02 last December. Missed out on Avicii last year as slane was on the next day. Would have loved to see him!

Tennent's Vital

Tennent's Vital fans, we have more news! We will
    be announcing more acts for this year's Tennent's Vital in just 24 hours. Excited?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Tennent's Vital

Hopefully its somebody good on the 19th.

Advertisement