Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Grandad passed away this morning

Options
  • 21-03-2014 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I am currently on a working visa in Canada. My Grandad at home had a heart attack this morn and passed away. He was 84. I feel so horrible being so far away from home. I visited Ireland for 10 days mid February and I got to spent a good amount of time with him and my grandmother. I literally can't believe it, he looked so well and so happy. I'm finding it tough being away from my family. They told me not to worry about coming home. I just feel heartbroken and I just don't know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    I am currently on a working visa in Canada. My Grandad at home had a heart attack this morn and passed away. He was 84. I feel so horrible being so far away from home. I visited Ireland for 10 days mid February and I got to spent a good amount of time with him and my grandmother. I literally can't believe it, he looked so well and so happy. I'm finding it tough being away from my family. They told me not to worry about coming home. I just feel heartbroken and I just don't know.

Sorry to hear. Whether you come or not, you have no reason to feel guilty. You're very far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Think of the happy times you spent together. Keep those memories. If you/he had strong religious beliefs, then say a prayer for him and if he was a Catholic, go to mass some day for him and remember him. I am sorry to hear of your loss, it is always hard to lose a loved one and all the harder when away from home. Stay strong.

Advertisement