Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CF Pistols

Options
  • 21-03-2014 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Im sure the answer hasn't changed .. but are CF pistols still a massive no no?
    Just asking out of curiosity. I have a walther/colt 1911 .22 love it to bits, Big 1911 fan would love to get a custom made one. Via USA. but I guess the answer to actually own/licence it I would have to live in certain states over there. Which will never happen. I know they are tightening up on laws here anyway so im sure its a silly question, But has anyone got a CF pistol licensed in the past year or so?
    purpose of use competitions..

Worth an ask anyhoo..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Only people that had licences before Nov. 2008 can have them. It's only renewals being issued, no new licences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

The gardai are not allowed to accept a new application for a restricted short firearm, unless you owned it previous to 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Thanks lads!! jaysus by the looks of things, it doesnt even look good for my rimfire 1911!, just been onto the club had been away, Didn't know about they are looking to ban .22 pistols??!!?? feck sake, what a joke!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Steve012 wrote: »
    Didn't know about they are looking to ban .22 pistols??!!?? feck sake, what a joke!!! :mad:
    Not to worry, nobody else knows that either...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Cheers Sparks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Blay wrote: »
    Only people that had licences before Nov. 2008 can have them. It's only renewals being issued, no new licences.

And even at that, a lot of them have to go to court to get their licences renewed.

Advertisement